cristinea2

EAD Delay

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Hey guys,

According to estimation here, my ead should have been already reviewed. Should I worry? Could a kind call at USCIS help or useless to try?

Based on timeline data, your EAD may be adjudicated between July 20, 2022 and August 28, 2022*.

22 minutes ago, cristinea2 said:

Hey guys,

According to estimation here, my ead should have been already reviewed. Should I worry? Could a kind call at USCIS help or useless to try?

Based on timeline data, your EAD may be adjudicated between July 20, 2022 and August 28, 2022*.

That is the Visajourney estimates from the submitted Timelines' data of the Visajourney members.

You need to use the USCIS processing time to check your earliest inquiry date:

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

After submitting the "Check Case Processing Times" for I-785, (c)(9), for NBC (National Benefits Center), the update shows:

NBC.thumb.JPG.2797e198a496697a74f88358b9c69758.JPG

At the bottom shows your earliest "Get Inquiry Date". If you input your receipt date from your Timeline, I think your earliest inquiry date according to USCIS is April 15, 2023.

Edited by EatBulaga

Timeline
2 hours ago, OldUser said:

@cristinea2 the VJ timelines can be safely ignored. When did you fave you biometrics?

Hi Biometrics was June 7

2 hours ago, EatBulaga said:

That is the Visajourney estimates from the submitted Timelines' data of the Visajourney members.

You need to use the USCIS processing time to check your earliest inquiry date:

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

After submitting the "Check Case Processing Times" for I-785, (c)(9), for NBC (National Benefits Center), the update shows:

NBC.thumb.JPG.2797e198a496697a74f88358b9c69758.JPG

At the bottom shows your earliest "Get Inquiry Date". If you input your receipt date from your Timeline, I think your earliest inquiry date according to USCIS is April 15, 2023.

Thank you!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, OldUser said:

@cristinea2 yeah that's too early. As the post above suggests, it takes 8.5 months to get it. So another 3-4 months to receive wouldn't surprise me.

Really?? How other members got it so fast? Are all those expedites?

@cristinea2 can you give some examples please? Mine took 5.5 months in 2019, prepandemic. Things only got worse since then. Most of expedites are rejected, there's very few valid reasons when it could be approved.

Edited by OldUser

Timeline
9 minutes ago, OldUser said:

@cristinea2 can you give some examples please? Mine took 5.5 months in 2019, prepandemic. Things only got worse since then. Most of expedites are rejected, there's very few valid reasons when it could be approved.

Here some examples .

SmartSelect_20220917_134925_Chrome.jpg

@cristinea2 Interesting. I'm not sure what they're circumstances are. But if the basis for your I-765 is Pending I-485, the processing times @EatBulaga posted is what you should expect. What are the first three letters for your EAD case?

Edited by OldUser

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

There are some filers in the August 2022 thread that were reporting having their I-765s say "card being produced" as soon as they walked out of the biometrics building. I don't know if any of them have actually received the card yet, but it seems to vary on location. Our location (DC area) was super efficient, but our portal only updated to "active review" upon leaving. Of course the DMV will have a lot more immigrants than, say, a rural area, so I wasn't terribly surprised.

Nonetheless, it confused me as to which office is actually reviewing our EAD petitions...? It can't all be NBC if certain people are getting approved same-day without expedites.

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Timeline

Oh i just found this thread, seems indeed that some people get approved faster than expected without expedite and some without interview.. lucky.. i will take a closer look to the posts

Oh so is either day or you have to wait? :( really dont know whats going on so just waiting for a miracle!

2 hours ago, cristinea2 said:

Oh i just found this thread, seems indeed that some people get approved faster than expected without expedite and some without interview.. lucky.. i will take a closer look to the posts

If you see the smaller print on the USCIS 8.5 month average estimate, it is for 80% of the cases.

If you know a little statistics, the average does not account for variance.

Everyone's application and situation may be a little different.

So for every one that receives an EAD quickly, there is probably one that will take longer to receive.

Lawfully app has an interesting statistics which shows that 15% of the EAD applications are "Case Closed Benefits By Other Means", which I interpret as the applicant gets the GC before the EAD, essentially closing the EAD application without needs for approval.

Don't waste your time and energy trying to make sense of USCIS process.

It will just frustrate you.

1 hour ago, EatBulaga said:

Lawfully app has an interesting statistics which shows that 15% of the EAD applications are "Case Closed Benefits By Other Means", which I interpret as the applicant gets the GC before the EAD, essentially closing the EAD application without needs for approval.

I imagine you’re right. But just for fun: I got my GC in May and my 131 and 765 both have not yet been closed! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.