JojoandTomas

SEPTEMBER 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

186 posts in this topic

On 12/24/2022 at 8:24 PM, SolRebel said:

Are you Morocco as well? They're telling me in the Morocco group on Facebook that we will get an email with our appointment date and instructions.  

No but we were told too but then when u schedule interview it allows u and no our country never send us letter we just still went ahead and did it 

Hi All,

I had a few questions for those that have received their case number from NVC and also notification from the embassies.

1. How long did it take between NOA2 approval and NVC creating case number?

2. How long did it take between NVC creating case number and embassy notifying you that they have received the case from NVC?

3. How did the embassy communicate to you that they have received your case, was it via email or mail and was the notification send to the petitioner or the beneficiary since Form 1-129F only asked for the petitioners email address?

4. When in the process did you apply for the DS-160?

5. How long did you have to wait to schedule an interview with the embassy from the time the embassy received your case?

6. How far out was the interview date from when the embassy received your case?

7. On the NOA2 Approval letter that was sent from the USCIS, it says there is a 4 month "Approval Notice Valid" period. What does this mean and do you have to take any action if approaching this deadline?

Thanks for your feedback.

7 hours ago, LA1234 said:

Hi All,

I had a few questions for those that have received their case number from NVC and also notification from the embassies.

Check my timeline.

2. How long did it take between NVC creating case number and embassy notifying you that they have received the case from NVC?

They never notified me until it was shipped out. Unless you contact them and ask, you won't know.

3. How did the embassy communicate to you that they have received your case, was it via email or mail and was the notification send to the petitioner or the beneficiary since Form 1-129F only asked for the petitioners email address?

Email. Only I, the petitioner ever received emails, which I then forwarded to my fiance if necessary.

I applied as soon as I got my case number.

5. How long did you have to wait to schedule an interview with the embassy from the time the embassy received your case?

The rules around that are embassy specific, but I was able to schedule when I got my case number and my case status was ready.

Check my timeline.

7. On the NOA2 Approval letter that was sent from the USCIS, it says there is a 4 month "Approval Notice Valid" period. What does this mean and do you have to take any action if approaching this deadline?

Nope. They can extend it at/after the interview if needed.

Edited by dlet

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi All,

Thanks for your feedback.

1. Everyone is different, for me it took 98 days. partly because the holidays, also partly because the USCIS waited like 45 days to even send it to the NVC. A good average right now is 3 months.

2. The Embassy doesn't notify you. once the NVC gives you your number, you track it yourself on https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx. It takes approx. 5-7 days from notification of NVC that they shipped your case, for it to be received and process by the embassy.

3. I used the trick from the NOA2 Guide floating around here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfin98c33IEpB0T0FlURERriblYmlm5O/view

As soon as I got NOA2 I sent the NVC an email updating both of our email addresses. Both Myself and My fiancé received the email from the NVC. They Embassy has not yet sent the welcome letter. That takes about a month after they have received it (every embassy is different, some don't even send welcome letters, try asking your region specific forum about this step.)

4. Immediately after receiving the number from the NVC I filed the DS-160

5. Immediately after the status of my case changed to "Ready" on the CEAC website. (this was 6 or so days after I got my number from the NVC.) Even though I still haven't received the welcome letter from the embassy, I am able to sign up for the interview. For example, if I signed up for an interview for tomorrow, and I still hadn't received my welcome letter. The interview would be automatically canceled tomorrow. So what I did is scheduled the interview for 1.5 months away, giving me plenty of time to get my welcome letter. You are allowed to reschedule your interview if needed, so If I get my letter sooner, I could move it up, but if I don't get my letter in time, I can move it back. But at least now I have a placeholder so I don't have to wait a long time if the interview appointments are all booked.

6. Every embassy is different. we are going through Warsaw, Poland, and the schedule has a few dates here and there on every month. As soon as a week from now and on. Some embassies are booked out for months. Ask your regional specific forum for more details on your embassy.

7. Yeah don't worry about that too much. As long as you're actively in the process, and not just sitting on your approval for months, they will automatically extend it if needed.

1 hour ago, Cheddy said:

1. Everyone is different, for me it took 98 days. partly because the holidays, also partly because the USCIS waited like 45 days to even send it to the NVC. A good average right now is 3 months.

2. The Embassy doesn't notify you. once the NVC gives you your number, you track it yourself on https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx. It takes approx. 5-7 days from notification of NVC that they shipped your case, for it to be received and process by the embassy.

3. I used the trick from the NOA2 Guide floating around here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfin98c33IEpB0T0FlURERriblYmlm5O/view

As soon as I got NOA2 I sent the NVC an email updating both of our email addresses. Both Myself and My fiancé received the email from the NVC. They Embassy has not yet sent the welcome letter. That takes about a month after they have received it (every embassy is different, some don't even send welcome letters, try asking your region specific forum about this step.)

4. Immediately after receiving the number from the NVC I filed the DS-160

5. Immediately after the status of my case changed to "Ready" on the CEAC website. (this was 6 or so days after I got my number from the NVC.) Even though I still haven't received the welcome letter from the embassy, I am able to sign up for the interview. For example, if I signed up for an interview for tomorrow, and I still hadn't received my welcome letter. The interview would be automatically canceled tomorrow. So what I did is scheduled the interview for 1.5 months away, giving me plenty of time to get my welcome letter. You are allowed to reschedule your interview if needed, so If I get my letter sooner, I could move it up, but if I don't get my letter in time, I can move it back. But at least now I have a placeholder so I don't have to wait a long time if the interview appointments are all booked.

6. Every embassy is different. we are going through Warsaw, Poland, and the schedule has a few dates here and there on every month. As soon as a week from now and on. Some embassies are booked out for months. Ask your regional specific forum for more details on your embassy.

7. Yeah don't worry about that too much. As long as you're actively in the process, and not just sitting on your approval for months, they will automatically extend it if needed.

Thanks for all the information, its very helpful. I had one more follow up regarding completing the DS-160. Does the DS-160 application ask for your NVC case number? The reason why I'm asking is because I read specifically from the embassy's website for which my application is going to that you do not submit or start anything until you get instructions from them first or else whatever fees you paid will be wasted and not reimbursed and that you have to submit the Ds-160 application again . Was curious how the DS-160 is eventually linked to your K1 Fiance visa application because I know the DS-160 is also used as a tourist visa so was wondering how does the embassy distinguish that your application is for a K1 Fiance visa when you submit the DS-160 application prior to you receiving a welcome letter from the embassy.

Thanks

2 hours ago, dlet said:

Check my timeline.

They never notified me until it was shipped out. Unless you contact them and ask, you won't know.

Email. Only I, the petitioner ever received emails, which I then forwarded to my fiance if necessary.

I applied as soon as I got my case number.

The rules around that are embassy specific, but I was able to schedule when I got my case number and my case status was ready.

Check my timeline.

Nope. They can extend it at/after the interview if needed.

Thanks for all the information.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey everyone!

I just got my NVC case number today after I sent my public inquiry a few days ago. My NOA2 is 11/22/2021. They emailed me my case number but I did not get an inquiry number. Did any of you guys get an inquiry number?

Edited by allendo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.