JojoandTomas

SEPTEMBER 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

186 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Nat Dan said:

Nap was September but the medical place asking for a letter of some sort or e mail that we were suppose to receive that tells that they are ready to schedule. I am so confused then of case is ready the. What letter was I supposed to get from embassy? 

Any embassy is different rules for this. So I don’t know 🤷🏼‍♂️ here in my country. They just send an email. That’s it. 

On 12/18/2022 at 9:44 PM, Beshoy Farid said:

hii everyone , if my fiancee does not meet the poverty guidelines , and her brother will be a joint sponsor what forms we should complete ? I-134 form only or beside it the joint sposor fill  I-864A as he married or I-864 or I-134 only ???

You will use the I-134 only. 

i-864 is only used once your fiancé arrives in the US

On 12/15/2022 at 3:09 PM, SolRebel said:

Oh they sent it on Friday? I thought I read that they sent them every other Tuesday. Congrats though!! 

That’s just the email that was sent on Friday. The physical file was likely sent prior

On 12/16/2022 at 9:49 AM, Nat Dan said:

Is it true we need Covid vaccine to schedule medical appointment? I thought k 1 is not required until u come here to adjust visa

Yes beneficiary is required to have Covid vaccine prior to medical exam. The requirement is only for the beneficiary.

Covid vaccine is different than the other mandatory vaccines. They require you to have it and get it before they actually get any medical exams done. The rest of the vaccines you will be able to choose whether to get them done in the USA or country of origin but not the Covid. 

I’m speaking off of experience but I’ve also read that a majority of countries are doing the same thing

On 12/16/2022 at 11:58 AM, EdwinShinobi said:

There is a phone number. I called today but apparently they aren't receiving inquiries by phone anymore.

Remember guys, at the beginning of the thread there is a small note where I mentioned this and I also included an email you can contact for any inquiry since they are currently not taking any phone calls

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, tuncani said:

Hi, your NVC received date looks 11/3, i was wondering how did you get this info? 

I wasn't sure exactly what day they received it, so I used the confirmation email date that I received from NVCResearch letting me know that they had our case and that it was awaiting entry into the system. 

On 12/20/2022 at 4:16 PM, Dream1 said:

Hey guys! 
I got my case number after sending plenty of emails. It is in transit but i still didn’t get any welcome letter or ID number and i do not think i ll ever get it. Is that welcome letter important?

Hi, what is your NOA2?

Edited by TBoneTX
removed quoted attachment

10 minutes ago, Dray3 said:

Hi all, My K1 visa got approved on Dec 6th and I got the letter of approval which stated that they sent my application to NVC and Im wondering how long it will take for me to get my NVC number and also, will i receive that info by email or by post letter. 

Thank You all.

Well in my case NOA2 sept 26th still waiting  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Barbara duran said:

Well in my case NOA2 sept 26th still waiting  

My approval is Sept 27th and I'm still waiting with you. 85 days and counting.

From my emails, the NVC only received my case sometime between Nov 3rd-Nov 10th. As of Monday the NVC is working on cases they received from Oct 31st. You and I should be getting something from the NVC by the end of this week or beginning of next.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.