Paula&David

September 2022 I-130 filers

522 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, lvjeremylv said:

Just checked mine. Went from 3 months to 6. Nebraska. F word.

Just checked mine and my case is at Texas service centre and the estimate processing time still says 5months, there hasn’t been any change. 

I don't think you need to worry about the time it says on your account, time and time again it has been proven wrong. I think they're just using algorithms based off the estimates/last 6 months of cases to guess a date, so it makes sense they've gone up after USCIS updated their 'processing times' page. I've personally been ignoring this feature.

I’ve also been seeing the March 2022 filers. Most of the March filers have gotten their approvals this month. I’m guessing we’re looking at September for probably most of us if they’re only just now getting to the ones filed March of last year, a year later. I hope that’s not the case but hopefully we will all get an approval soon. So we can all be with our loved ones soon and not have to wait any longer.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
On 3/27/2023 at 4:56 PM, lvjeremylv said:

Just checked mine. Went from 3 months to 6. Nebraska. F word.

Same!! We got moved to Vermont earlier this year, and our K3 was just received a few days ago so we'll see if that helps.

Mine went from 2 months to 7 ...

Unbelievable. I do believe they are overwhelmed with the numbers of illegals who crossed the past 2 years ( i live in el paso tx close to the borders with mexico, thousands of illegal migrants crossed last 2 years, maybe more than thousands). This is just not fair ... 

Edited by mister-love

4 hours ago, mister-love said:

Mine went from 2 months to 7 ...

Unbelievable. I do believe they are overwhelmed with the numbers of illegals who crossed the past 2 years ( i live in el paso tx close to the borders with mexico, thousands of illegal migrants crossed last 2 years, maybe more than thousands). This is just not fair ... 

I think 2 months left would have been relatively fast anyway? Although 'fast' is also subjective. 

Let's hope NVC stage stays as fast as it currently is to counter some of the USCIS extended time.

Mine's gone from 5 months estimated to 8 months. Not sure whether we're at Texas or Potomac as I130 receipt said Texas, but I129F receipt said Potomac. No notification saying it got transferred to Potomac but, as I129F was Potomac, we're assuming Potomac.

Hi I am new to this forum, I filed the I130 for my spouse in September and I just want to say Good luck to everyone on their journey to bring their loved ones we all deserve to be with our significant other. My problem is I have been keeping up with my processing time which started out with something like 10 months and as time went by the latest it stated was 3 months but to my shock I checked today and it’s back to 6 months. I understand and completely accept that the process is long but that was extremely misleading in so many ways that every month I checked it would decrease except for today it completely increased in processing time. Earlier in March I have gotten the “Actively reviewing your case” message but according to many people it means nothing. We took the legal way but we are suffering ,getting mislead,there’s no way to contact them seems like they dont want to answer to anyone.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

They officially received our K3 in Vermont on March 29th - will keep you all posted on if that helps speed things up at all. It's been almost 8 months to the day since we filed our CR1, so we are very anxious to get to the NVC stage and beyond.

Wishing everyone luck!!

6 hours ago, ms_gv said:

They officially received our K3 in Vermont on March 29th - will keep you all posted on if that helps speed things up at all. It's been almost 8 months to the day since we filed our CR1, so we are very anxious to get to the NVC stage and beyond.

Wishing everyone luck!!

I have seen K3 speeding approval for some at Vermont, so fingers crossed for you. 

6 minutes ago, mister-love said:

September filer approved today.

( facebook group) 

Screenshot_20230407_162016_Facebook.jpg

I applied the day before them. Still have yet to have my 1st active review. But nothing on my account yet. I’m at Potomac. 

6 minutes ago, DaniandChris said:

I applied the day before them. Still have yet to have my 1st active review. But nothing on my account yet. I’m at Potomac. 

I applied sep 7th and immediately got Actively reviewing, and still nothing.  More likely K3 did speed up the process for them. 

Edited by mister-love

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.