Paula&David

September 2022 I-130 filers

522 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, MarmiteC said:

Lawfully is showing me a couple more approvals for Sept for Texas SC lately.  Most likely people who could expedite, but still, it's nice to see.

Yeah, I know the first AR doesn't mean anything.  Still, it would be nice to see some kind of change! lol

Yeah I also noticed on Lawfully that many people who file AOS are getting their approvals so fast even some with just 3months of filling unlike us who has NVC steps to follow as well. 

I've honestly just been checking uscis once a month and same for visajourney. It's really helped my sanity by just waiting. Although the waiting sucks, and I miss my husband, looking forward to our next trip and knowing that the visa is counting down inbetween trips has been helpful. I don't expect an answer until October, anything before will be a blessing. I hope everyone is hanging in there! This is just how I've been working through it, minimal time on all visa websites. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2023 at 6:25 AM, MarmiteC said:

Glad I'm not the only one with no AR. 

Does anyone else here use Lawfully app? 

I use lawfully too! For me, checking everyday just makes me feel better. I hate waiting. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
On 1/19/2023 at 4:15 PM, ms_gv said:

That's what we're thinking after some light research - we'll probably dust off all our docs and organize the K3 ones this weekend. 

Officially mailed our K3 I-129 packet off on Friday, 3/17. They told me it should take about 2 weeks to get there. Hoping that's the case - anything to hurry along the process. 
Our MyUSCIS page says 3 months but honestly since we got moved to Vermont I'm not so sure about that.

On 3/19/2023 at 7:36 PM, ms_gv said:

Officially mailed our K3 I-129 packet off on Friday, 3/17. They told me it should take about 2 weeks to get there. Hoping that's the case - anything to hurry along the process. 
Our MyUSCIS page says 3 months but honestly since we got moved to Vermont I'm not so sure about that.

On Friday my husband talked to a live agent through Emma and she said TSC is now ready to review your case and today I also talked to a live agent via the same Emma and after collecting all my information she told me that she is looking for my case and she took a long time than their normal response in a chat and wrote me back with a question “Are you a US citizen and who did you file for” after I told her she waited again for a long time this time typing and waiting again and typing and waiting and finally said your case is processing normal and decision will be made on December 10 

After the chat I checked the case enquiry date for my PD and it’s December 7 to make any e-enquiry 

what do you guys think? does the live agent doesn’t know that I am a US citizen after collecting all my information or they are all lying. 

15 hours ago, Peter and Tam said:

On Friday my husband talked to a live agent through Emma and she said TSC is now ready to review your case and today I also talked to a live agent via the same Emma and after collecting all my information she told me that she is looking for my case and she took a long time than their normal response in a chat and wrote me back with a question “Are you a US citizen and who did you file for” after I told her she waited again for a long time this time typing and waiting again and typing and waiting and finally said your case is processing normal and decision will be made on December 10 

After the chat I checked the case enquiry date for my PD and it’s December 7 to make any e-enquiry 

what do you guys think? does the live agent doesn’t know that I am a US citizen after collecting all my information or they are all lying. 

I think she just gave you the standard answer.  The case enquiry date is after what should be normal processing.  I shouldn't worry about it, it may be sooner, it may be then.

Based on what I'm currently seeing for Texas SC, and if all continues the way it currently is, I would expect circa August we may start seeing some approvals for Sept 22 filers.

10 hours ago, MarmiteC said:

I think she just gave you the standard answer.  The case enquiry date is after what should be normal processing.  I shouldn't worry about it, it may be sooner, it may be then.

Based on what I'm currently seeing for Texas SC, and if all continues the way it currently is, I would expect circa August we may start seeing some approvals for Sept 22 filers.

It’s getting worse I just saw that TSC processing time has increase to 12.5 months an additional month. 

CSC is 15 months 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Peter and Tam said:

It’s getting worse I just saw that TSC processing time has increase to 12.5 months an additional month. 

CSC is 15 months 

Potomac SC here! 16 months :'(  

I hope these new processing times will be for the new cases. 

2 minutes ago, Paula&David said:

Potomac SC here! 16 months 😢

I hope these new processing times will be for the new cases. 

I think we can check the estimated processing time on the uscis online account. If it still stays the same then we are spared with these new processing times. 

12 hours ago, Peter and Tam said:

I think we can check the estimated processing time on the uscis online account. If it still stays the same then we are spared with these new processing times. 

I saw the new processing times too.  I also see that LPR petitions are no longer current on the visa bulletin, so perhaps they are prioritising CR1 over F2A to help speed some up?

I'm now in some potentially exciting talks with my employer who are looking to transfer me to the US with an L1 visa.  That would see me there sometime this summer.

I hope for all of us we start seeing some kind of positive movement on our cases in a few months 🙏

13 hours ago, Peter and Tam said:

As far as I am aware (happy to stand corrected) these are not predictions. They are estimations based on the timeline of previous cases. It doesn't mean that that's how long your case will take, but its an average of 80% of cases in a designated amount of time (6 months I think?). 

Honestly I have been surprised that they haven't changed sooner, since the estimates were clearly so different to what I was seeing online. I am shocked that they went up so much though. Hopefully all this means is they're actually working through the backlog.. trying to stay positive!!  

36 minutes ago, Micam said:

As far as I am aware (happy to stand corrected) these are not predictions. They are estimations based on the timeline of previous cases. It doesn't mean that that's how long your case will take, but its an average of 80% of cases in a designated amount of time (6 months I think?). 

Honestly I have been surprised that they haven't changed sooner, since the estimates were clearly so different to what I was seeing online. I am shocked that they went up so much though. Hopefully all this means is they're actually working through the backlog.. trying to stay positive!!  

Yeah I figured it out too, if I am not wrong those are for the 6 months period that is the time we filed our cases we all witnessed that people waited for 12months and plus for their cases to be approved and this is the conclusion of the 80% of the cases processed from that time but recently things have been improved and people are even receiving their approvals early including those who have been waiting for over 12months and I guess their next report within 6 months will be better and will reflect this new early approvals and maybe the processing time will be decrease even if not for us but for those who will be filing now and the future 

let’s still hold our hearts and keep praying hopefully our approvals will soon be coming, we are almost to 7 months since we filed our cases. God bless us all! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, E.R said:

Mine changed from 4 months to 8 months last week. 

Potomac SC, mine changed today from 6 months to 8 :bonk:

Edited by Paula&David

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.