jodee

Why,..???????????

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

This leaves me very disheartened, I wonder what the outcome of it will be.

I also wonder what would of happened if the roles were reversed? Or even if it was one of their own in a private security role??

Aussie 'left for dead by Americans'

Thursday Jul 19 00:23 AEST

An Australian private security operator was left for dead by American forces after he was seriously wounded during an ambush in southern Iraq.

The US refused to provide a helicopter to evacuate the wounded man after being told he was Australian, News Limited reports.

The Queensland man, who suffered severe leg and abdominal injuries, was delivered to Basra air base by a British road convoy more than seven hours after the attack.

The June 25 attack near the town of Al Zubair, 15km southwest of Basra, was carried out by at least six gunmen and involved roadside bombs, small arms fire and rocket-propelled grenades.

Two Toyota Landcruisers were destroyed in the attack.

Three of the man's Iraqi colleagues, including an Iraqi interpreter, died in the attack.

The security operator underwent surgery at a British military hospital and was later evacuated out of Iraq.

He remains in the region in a serious but stable condition.

©AAP 2007

SOURCE

Edited by jodee

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

OMG

12/13/04 - Met online

04/02/05 - 1st of 5 trips to the Philippines. The last of which I spent 6 months.

04/02/07- 129-F sent to NSC

04/09/07- Receipt notice date for NOA1

04/13/07- Received NOA1

07/09/07- Touched - Due to phone call I am guessing

07/10/07- 2nd touch hmmmm should I be excited? HAHA

07/11/07- 3rd touch - may or may not be due to a phone call.

07/16/07- 4th touch

07/17/07- 5th touch

07/20/07- NOA2

07/26/07- Received NOA2 hard copy

07/26/07- Received by NVC

07/30/07- NVC Shipped petition to Manila Embassy

10/05/07- Interview date WOW/ Approved

My photos

that suxs and is just wrong.....

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Do we know the entire story? If he was a private contractor, it may be a case where they were not able to take on the risk to others by rescuing him. I know that sounds bad, but a private contractor is pretty much there at their own risk.

3dflags_usa0001-0003a.gif3dflags_tha0001-0003a.gif

I-129F

Petition mailed to Nebraska Service Center 06/04/2007

Petition received by CSC 06/19/2007...NOA1

I love my Siamese kitten...

An Australian private security operator was left for dead by American forces after he was seriously wounded during an ambush in southern Iraq.

His title says it all. He chose to go there. He is also a civilian and not a military officer.

PS All is good and well as long as the hundreds of thousand of dollars rolls in as a private security operator; well until they are hurt.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I honestly cannot speak for the Military or our Government, but that is absolutely awful that he was left. I have several mates in Australia....and consider Australia to be one of the most beautiful countries in the world....I would certainly hope there was some merit behind the reasoning as to why he was left...it would be awful learning otherwise.

I-129F

13 April 2007--Mailed I-129F (Processed at California Service Center)

18 April 2007--Received NOA1

13 Aug. 2007--Received NOA2

09 Oct. 2007--Medical in London

08 Nov. 2007--Visa Interview & Approved

14 Nov. 2007--Pete receives K1 visa in the mail

21 Nov. 2007-- Pete arrives in the United States (together at last!!)

27 Dec. 2007--Our 3 year anniversary of being engaged

16 Feb. 2008--We were married!!

AOS

........ho hum....

His title says it all. He chose to go there. He is also a civilian and not a military officer.

PS All is good and well as long as the hundreds of thousand of dollars rolls in as a private security operator; well until they are hurt.

yeah you are right, let him die ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,vj sheesh

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

It is an Australian thing. Australians tend to blame the government when something goes wrong. The tone of that article says it all.

It is somehow the US government's fault for refusing to send a US tax payer funded helicopter into a war zone.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I am leaning toward we do not know the whole story.

• The story appears to be written in a manner specific to casting a poor light on the US military.
  • The man was a civilian and not a member of the Australian military.
  • The man was not left for dead; he was transported by ground by the British military.
  • The story says the US would not provide a helicopter; not that a US helicopter was there and they would not take him.
  • I do not think the US military is responsible for sending helicopters out for the medical transportation of civilians.
  • Missing from the story is comments regarding any non-action by the Australian military or the International Red Cross.

texas101_1896_4011252.jpg

I am leaning toward we do not know the whole story.
  • The story appears to be written in a manner specific to casting a poor light on the US military.
  • The man was a civilian and not a member of the Australian military.
  • The man was not left for dead; he was transported by ground by the British military.
  • The story says the US would not provide a helicopter; not that a US helicopter was there and they would not take him.
  • I do not think the US military is responsible for sending helicopters out for the medical transportation of civilians.
  • Missing from the story is comments regarding any non-action by the Australian military or the International Red Cross.

Very well said. Even though the facts are based on hearsay, the tone of the article clearly reflects the journalists views.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It is an Australian thing. Australians tend to blame the government when something goes wrong. The tone of that article says it all.

It is somehow the US government's fault for refusing to send a US tax payer funded helicopter into a war zone.

Well the helicopter would already be in the warzone - they've got however many hundred out there already. Assuming the more likely scenario that either they didn't have one in the area, or it simply wasn't safe to risk a helicopter crew to pick the guy up (without sufficient ground troops to provide some sort of cover) I wouldn't have thought there would be a question over whether he should be picked up.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
:whistle: Semper Fi

How do you know they were Marines?

A whole lot of things may have been in play...i.e. was an American helicopter available to pick him up? Were they busy flying missions for the American soldiers...I hate to say it, but it is bull simply because I have seen Medi-vacs called in for Iraqi citizens...so there is def. something not being told there...

Feb. 16-Sent 129F to TSC.

Feb. 27-NOA1, received CSC.

Mar. 27-Found VJ, and became disappointed for not being able to use VSC.

Mar. 27-Applied for military expedite and got congressional help.

Mar. 28-touched.

Mar. 29-touched again.

Mar. 30-touched yet again.

Apr. 04-touched another time.

Apr. 05-touched some more.

May 15-touched once again.

May 15-NOA2. 78 days...WOW!!!

May 16-touched???(mail to NVC???).

May 18-Received Hard Copy NOA2.

May 21-NVC receives case!!!

May 23-NVC sends to Seoul!!!

Jun 04-Embassy receives case!!!

Jun 06-Receive Packet 3.

Jun 08-Receive Packet 4.

Jul 06-Interview.

Jul 06-APPROVED VISA

Aug 02-Arrived in US

Oct 29-Married

Soon, real soon for AOS, AP and EAD...just need time from the Army to do it with...

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ0Jk5PQTErcmVjZWl2ZWQuLi4mMDAwMDAwJjAwMDAwMCYxNSYxMiZjJjAmMjYmMiYyMDA3JjIwJjImNjU4ODk3MDAxMTc2OTc4Mzk1Lic=.gif