Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,174 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, farzady said:

I just talked with his office, other than Lilly there is another girl who is doing everything I dont know her name.

She said they are not allowed to give my any results on a sealed envelop but they can submit the results by email to embassy. 

I am still waiting to get reply from Montreal about my case... 

Ok, Sure. 

Timeline
On 2/6/2023 at 5:24 PM, ACC24 said:

Question on Hepatitis B vaccine:  Did anyone take Hepatitis B vaccine after receiving the interview letter? Dr Lee's website just mentions the vaccine name and not the dose ( If it's one shot/dose or series of shots/doses spread over certain timeline). I just heard from my family physician that Hepatitis B vaccine is a series taken over period of time ( 1st dose, 2nd dose after a month and 3rd dose after 6 months later there will be a booster) which doesn't make sense since we cannot complete it before the interview. In this scenario I am hoping the US consulate considers just 1st dose before the interview. I will confirm again with Dr Lee's office tomorrow morning. Meanwhile, does anyone have any insights on this? 

@raisins any suggestion?

Sorry, I'm not sure. My spouse had 2x Hep B vaccines on record from nearly a decade ago, it was never questioned about the number of shots, doses, or anything else. Maybe they trust if you have any Hep B shot, you did / will do the proper required doses. I would reach out to one of the approved medical exam doctors' offices as they should know. Dr. Cheema's office was very helpful and you may be able to confirm with them even if you aren't using them for your appointment.

On 2/6/2023 at 5:32 PM, PKJ2021 said:

Thanks for your answer.

So, technically we can cross into the US and return to Canada the next day ?

Thanks

AFAIK yes. My spouse and I plan on doing this exact same thing. Apparently, crossing the border can be a bit of a lengthy involved process where you'll need to go inside again to have them review the document package provided back with the passport. So we plan on crossing without our dog so she doesn't need to wait for that process. Then return to Canada the following day to get her - since Vancouver / Seattle are so close.

Just now, raisins said:

Sorry, I'm not sure. My spouse had 2x Hep B vaccines on record from nearly a decade ago, it was never questioned about the number of shots, doses, or anything else. Maybe they trust if you have any Hep B shot, you did / will do the proper required doses. I would reach out to one of the approved medical exam doctors' offices as they should know. Dr. Cheema's office was very helpful and you may be able to confirm with them even if you aren't using them for your appointment.

AFAIK yes. My spouse and I plan on doing this exact same thing. Apparently, crossing the border can be a bit of a lengthy involved process where you'll need to go inside again to have them review the document package provided back with the passport. So we plan on crossing without our dog so she doesn't need to wait for that process. Then return to Canada the following day to get her - since Vancouver / Seattle are so close.

Thanks for your response.Please post your experience when you do that as we are planning the same (we have 2 puppies too 🙂).

Best of luck

30 minutes ago, raisins said:

@raisins Thanks much for the details. Our situation is different since we do not have proof of Hep B vaccines. Since this requirement is introduced recently( probably in the last 4-6 months) not sure if anyone in this group went through the situation like ours. I did call Dr.Lee's office where we have booked our appointment. Since they are so busy to answer any question on phone, she still mentioned that they cannot mark it as complete if we have 1 or 2 doses, but will say something like " partially complete or 1/2 doses given.... next dose isn't due until after the interview date.... something in those lines". She also said, it will not create any problems at the consulate. Now, my doubt is if the consulate will have any issue with such comment for medicals. I don't want any more waiting period after the interview and want to keep all documentation as clear as possible, but not sure how to get complete clarity around this from Dr. Lee's office.

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, ACC24 said:

@raisins Thanks much for the details. Our situation is different since we do not have proof of Hep B vaccines. Since this requirement is introduced recently( probably in the last 4-6 months) not sure if anyone in this group went through the situation like ours. I did call Dr.Lee's office where we have booked our appointment. Since they are so busy to answer any question on phone, she still mentioned that they cannot mark it as complete if we have 1 or 2 doses, but will say something like " partially complete or 1/2 doses given.... next dose isn't due until after the interview date.... something in those lines". She also said, it will not create any problems at the consulate. Now, my doubt is if the consulate will have any issue with such comment for medicals. I don't want any more waiting period after the interview and want to keep all documentation as clear as possible, but not sure how to get complete clarity around this from Dr. Lee's office.

@ACC24 Maybe check with some of the IR/CR1 folks as they have likely run into this.  I know for myself I had three or four different doses, not at the correct time intervals so my doc did a titer test for me to bring with me to be on the safe side.

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, CiEb2 said:

For the vaccinations, Is it alright to have only the proof of the antibody tests? I requested the Hep B antibody yesterday. Hopefully, in the next 5 days, I will have the results.

image.png.f5f72a72f164353ee337b24fbe88c25b.png

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/panel-physicians/vaccinations.html#tbl1

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, DTCC said:

Got email just half hr ago from Dr.Lyndon office  stating my result has been electronically submitted with DOS  and also they attached the results in the email sent out to DoS. I didn't quite expect this soon. What's the status of yours?

great, mine is nothing yet.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, DTCC said:

They talked about submitting your results via email is an option. Did they do that?

Not yet. Yesterday Montreal sent me an email and told me they are reviewing and will contact me shortly.

Today, they sent an email to dr and told him they sent another request for my case and asked him to wait a few more days.

I am thinking for rescheduling my interview with this case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.