Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,140 posts in this topic

On 1/21/2023 at 12:52 PM, idkera said:

@DTCC ,  just curious to know since you are in US, why you are going through consular processing? I can also do it either way but want to understand it more, which one to go through? Thank you

@idkera When my priority date became current in the Final Action Date chart in September 2020,, I had the option to go with DOS (NVC) or with USICS (I-485 route). Based on the historical data and the significant backlog with USCIS GC processing in Sep/Oct 2020 (to obtain I-485 filing receipt number was taking 6-8 months and millions of ppl were in line  for biometrics etc..), I opted to go with NVC  route. But USCIS somewhat streamlined their process to reduce backlog down the line but not the case with NVC and my decision was really backfired. Had I gone with with USICS option, I would have got my greencard in April/May 2021 and without leaving US.

Anyways I have my interview scheduled  next month with Monteral Consulate. Atleast had my interview done by December 2021 with Montreal Consulate, I would have not extended my TN. My TN expired on 13th Jan 2023  so went to Alberta and extended my TN in the first week of Jan 2023. I didn't quite expect that I have to go for another TN extension and was hoping to get my greencard before my TN expiration but that was not the case.

By and large, when it comes to US immigration, based on my experience, its all boils down to ones luck. Its not good or bad decision. If time and tide is in your favor, things will pan out in-line with your expectation otherwise it will go south you have to learn to sail with it.

Hope this helps!

16 minutes ago, DTCC said:

@farzady Did you get confirmation from Dr. Lyndon's office that your result was sent to US Consulate?

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
19 minutes ago, DTCC said:

@farzady Did you get confirmation from Dr. Lyndon's office that your results were sent to US Consulate?

Not yet. He said my eMedical account is closed and it needs to get open by Montreal and he said he will contact them and ask them to open my account, In my follow up he didnt answer my emails and phone calls.

12 minutes ago, farzady said:

Not yet. He said my eMedical account is closed and it needs to get open by Montreal and he said he will contact them and ask them to open my account, In my follow up he didnt answer my emails and phone calls.

Thanks! I booked my medical exam with Dr.Lyndon. I reached out to other two offices in Ontario (Vaughan and Scarborough offices) but Dr. Lyndon's office response was relatively better than other two so decided to do my medical with Dr.Lyndon.  With Montreal Medisys, the immigration doctor's are not available until 28th Feb hence I left with only Dr. Lyndon option now.

I am working with Admin Lilly for my scheduling and so far looks okay but as you stated earlier, once I make payment not sure how their response would be. 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, DTCC said:

Thanks! I booked my medical exam with Dr.Lyndon. I reached out to other two offices in Ontario (Vaughan and Scarborough offices) but Dr. Lyndon's office response was relatively better than other two so decided to do my medical with Dr.Lyndon.  With Montreal Medisys, the immigration doctor's are not available until 28th Feb hence I left with only Dr. Lyndon option now.

I am working with Admin Lilly for my scheduling and so far looks okay but as you stated earlier, once I make payment not sure how their response would be. 

Yeah, she booked for me as well. He may work for you. All the best. 

5 hours ago, DTCC said:

@idkera When my priority date became current in the Final Action Date chart in September 2020,, I had the option to go with DOS (NVC) or with USICS (I-485 route). Based on the historical data and the significant backlog with USCIS GC processing in Sep/Oct 2020 (to obtain I-485 filing receipt number was taking 6-8 months and millions of ppl were in line  for biometrics etc..), I opted to go with NVC  route. But USCIS somewhat streamlined their process to reduce backlog down the line but not the case with NVC and my decision was really backfired. Had I gone with with USICS option, I would have got my greencard in April/May 2021 and without leaving US.

Anyways I have my interview scheduled  next month with Monteral Consulate. Atleast had my interview done by December 2021 with Montreal Consulate, I would have not extended my TN. My TN expired on 13th Jan 2023  so went to Alberta and extended my TN in the first week of Jan 2023. I didn't quite expect that I have to go for another TN extension and was hoping to get my greencard before my TN expiration but that was not the case.

By and large, when it comes to US immigration, based on my experience, its all boils down to ones luck. Its not good or bad decision. If time and tide is in your favor, things will pan out in-line with your expectation otherwise it will go south you have to learn to sail with it.

Hope this helps!

How was it renewing the TN. I am going to be in the same situation. Do they question you about the open immigrant visa application.  Considering TN is a single intent visa some attorneys are very pessimistic about renewing TN although consular processing is good proof that one will be exiting the country for the interview. I am may 2022 DQd and my TN expires Oct 2023. I was hoping to see it through but last few months there was no progress on EB for Montreal. I have given up hope. I was thinking of renewing via USCIS but it’s super expensive. To renew with USCIS you have to be within US and the only other way of doing it sooner is doing premium processing. That is nearly 2500 extra whereas doing it at the border is approx 60 dollars. Only issue is you don’t know what to expect at the border and which crazy officer you encounter. I have a very bad experience for my previous TN with the officer being very intimidating. He wanted to reject me from the time he greeted me. He ultimately did reject me asking for some damm document which was not even needed. The second time I went with that document the officer did not even bother checking that. So I am really skeptical about renewing at the border now that there is an immigrant visa application in progress

2 hours ago, TheMaverick said:

How was it renewing the TN. I am going to be in the same situation. Do they question you about the open immigrant visa application.  Considering TN is a single intent visa some attorneys are very pessimistic about renewing TN although consular processing is good proof that one will be exiting the country for the interview. I am may 2022 DQd and my TN expires Oct 2023. I was hoping to see it through but last few months there was no progress on EB for Montreal. I have given up hope. I was thinking of renewing via USCIS but it’s super expensive. To renew with USCIS you have to be within US and the only other way of doing it sooner is doing premium processing. That is nearly 2500 extra whereas doing it at the border is approx 60 dollars. Only issue is you don’t know what to expect at the border and which crazy officer you encounter. I have a very bad experience for my previous TN with the officer being very intimidating. He wanted to reject me from the time he greeted me. He ultimately did reject me asking for some damm document which was not even needed. The second time I went with that document the officer did not even bother checking that. So I am really skeptical about renewing at the border now that there is an immigrant visa application in progress

I extended two of my TNs while my case with NVC and had absolutely no issues. I would advocate you to go to pre-clearance office at the airport for TN extension rather than going to the border. With Border folks, first and foremost, they are very rude (most of them not all) and they do not know much abt TN process/documents needed. I figured this out when I took my wife to the border for her TD extension at North Dakota/Saskatchewan border. 

When it comes to  access to your immigration intent/process, based on my experience, I can affirm that they do not have access to your immigration process(both at the airport as well as at the border). Unless you go to Consulate for your TN renewal (which is not the case with Canadian Citizen), You don't have worry about it. I do not know where the attorneys get that perspective but to my knowledge  thats  not true. There maybe exceptions but we can't take exceptions as examples.

3 hours ago, farzady said:

Yeah, she booked for me as well. He may work for you. All the best. 

Thanks

On 1/22/2023 at 4:35 PM, DTCC said:

Hope this helps!

@DTCC Thank you for taking time and writing in detail. Good luck with the upcoming interview !

Hello Everyone,

I have been a reader of this forum and thank you for posting your experiences - they are very helpful.

My i824 got Approved recently after 14 months.

My PD is current EB2 (Oct 2011)

Would appreciate your guidance on below - as I am preparing the nvc docs

1. To get India PCC, do we need to submit original Canadian and previous Indian passports. How long does it take to get the PCC

2. Do you think it would be better to go back to USA and apply for AOS as that may be faster than 2+ years waiting for IL

3. Will it delay AOS as I applied for 824 -CP and going back to AOS

Appreciate your help.

Thanks !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.