Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,200 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

As of December 9, 2022, most Immediate Relative and fiancé(e) visa cases being scheduled for interview in Montreal were documentarily complete at the National Visa Center in September 2022; most Family Preference cases with visa numbers available that are being scheduled for interview were documentarily qualified in July 2022; and most Employment cases scheduled for interview were documentarily complete in October 2020.

"As of November 3, 2022, most Immediate Relative and fiancé(e) visa cases being scheduled for interview in Montreal were documentarily complete at the National Visa Center in August 2022;  most Family Preference cases with visa numbers available that are being scheduled for interview were documentarily qualified in May 2022; and most Employment cases scheduled for interview were documentarily complete in October 2020."

"As of October 3, 2022, most Immediate Relative and fiancé(e) visa cases being scheduled for interview in Montreal were documentarily complete at the National Visa Center in July 2022;  most Family Preference cases scheduled for interview were documentarily qualified in April 2021; and most Employment cases scheduled for interview were documentarily complete in September 2020."

As of September 7, 2022, most Immediate Relative and fiancé(e) visa cases being scheduled for interview in Montreal were documentarily complete at the National Visa Center in June 2022;  most Family Preference cases scheduled for interview were documentarily qualified in November 2020; and most Employment cases scheduled for interview were 
 documentarily complete in June 2020.

As of August 8, 2022, most Immediate Relative and fiancé(e) visa cases being scheduled for interview in Montreal were documentarily complete at the National Visa Center in May 2022;  most Family Preference cases scheduled for interview were documentarily qualified in August 2020; and most Employment cases scheduled for interview were documentarily complete in April 2020.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, TheMaverick said:

When does this usually go out?

2 hours ago, immishok said:

Hmm... I suppose there are fewer interview spots because of the holidays. So NVC sends invites for fewer people 😕 ... I don't know !

They're scheduling IR/CR appointments on January 3rd so Holidays are probably not a factor... Its really hard to understand what is happening. There's been no steady progress for EB since the September 2022 IL round.  The lack of any communication from the Consulate makes the whole thing even more frustrating than it already is. 

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, miv2331 said:

They're scheduling IR/CR appointments on January 3rd so Holidays are probably not a factor... Its really hard to understand what is happening. There's been no steady progress for EB since the September 2022 IL round.  The lack of any communication from the Consulate makes the whole thing even more frustrating than it already is. 

I agree.  This is very frustrating.  The delays are unreasonable at this point.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to how they are handing out IL for EB folks it seems at this point.  Maybe our names all go into a hat each month and they pick a couple?

In a previous thread someone had provided a letter template to send to Montreal when the Biden administration had stopped the visa processing priority order(November 19, 2021 https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/visa-services-operating-status-update.html) and they were still focusing on IR/CR. Does anyone have a link to that format? I guess its time to blast their inboxes with emails to remind them to process EB. Especially folks who have been DQ from Sep 2020 to Feb 2021. Although I am way back in the queue I will send the email too. Its high time they need to start focusing on EB too.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
43 minutes ago, miv2331 said:

No matter the consulate or embassy, it's notable the slow down on EB progress. I've been turning this forum upside down searching for info about interview letters for EBs on the last couple months and it seems to be a widespread problem. In my case, there are two factors that concerns me a little: my interview will take place at the Rio Consulate (Brazil), and before mid-setember the ILs were rolling out in no longer than two months from DQ. From that point and beyond, I didn't manage to find a single person that received its IL. Intriguingly, that's when the new fiscal year has begun, and that's pretty much the only thing that has changed since than. Just like some of you said I also thought that the holiday season was going to cause delays, but at this point I just don't know what to think anymore.

7 minutes ago, JLVS22BR said:

No matter the consulate or embassy, it's notable the slow down on EB progress. I've been turning this forum upside down searching for info about interview letters for EBs on the last couple months and it seems to be a widespread problem. In my case, there are two factors that concerns me a little: my interview will take place at the Rio Consulate (Brazil), and before mid-setember the ILs were rolling out in no longer than two months from DQ. From that point and beyond, I didn't manage to find a single person that received its IL. Intriguingly, that's when the new fiscal year has begun, and that's pretty much the only thing that has changed since than. Just like some of you said I also thought that the holiday season was going to cause delays, but at this point I just don't know what to think anymore.

That's concerning. Looking at recent comms from State Dept. it is clear they've turned their focus to NIV lately, but that would not apply to Montreal as they're only processing IVs at this moment (unless they dispatched some of their officers to other posts.) 

Side note, pretty crazy Brazil was processing interviews 2 months after DQ while Montreal was averaging 27 months at that time... 

Timeline
1 hour ago, TheMaverick said:

In a previous thread someone had provided a letter template to send to Montreal when the Biden administration had stopped the visa processing priority order(November 19, 2021 https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/visa-services-operating-status-update.html) and they were still focusing on IR/CR. Does anyone have a link to that format? I guess its time to blast their inboxes with emails to remind them to process EB. Especially folks who have been DQ from Sep 2020 to Feb 2021. Although I am way back in the queue I will send the email too. Its high time they need to start focusing on EB too.

I checked with Montreal about my case they said they will send their spots to NVC monthly and they don’t know what’s happening in there. 
on the other hand nvc one time told me my case was scheduled for an interview but now they are saying it’s not and I have to wait 

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, farzady said:

I checked with Montreal about my case they said they will send their spots to NVC monthly and they don’t know what’s happening in there. 
on the other hand nvc one time told me my case was scheduled for an interview but now they are saying it’s not and I have to wait 

Is there any way to ask to have a tier 2 officer or higher from the NVC call you to confirm this?  I would be very upset if they told me it was scheduled and then that it wasn't.

Timeline
1 hour ago, farzady said:

From my understanding, Montreal is the one who decides whether a case is interviewed, not NVC. From expedited request perspective, it is also Montreal that decides whether a case can be expedited or not. NVC has no power to expedite a case.

Is this option even applicable for immigrant visa processing:

Source: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/update-on-worldwide-visa-operations.html

For Those Navigating Long Interview Wait Times

Our goal is to provide a visa interview for every applicant who requires one, worldwide, in a reasonable timeframe.  Although our processing capacity is rebounding faster than projected, we know that visa applicants still face lengthy wait times at some embassies and consulates.  We urge any visa applicant who can travel to another embassy or consulate with shorter wait times to consider doing so.  There is no penalty for applying anywhere appointments are available, even outside your home country.  For the latest information about wait times, see https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas.html.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.