Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,174 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, farzady said:

are you talking about the US address?

No my current address.  We recently moved, but I have no idea how to change it and everything I have tried is for someone already living in the US or a resident alien.  I tried to update my USCIS account as well and no luck.  Not really sure how else this can be done.  I tried "Ask Emma" but no luck either.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, 3LabMom said:

No my current address.  We recently moved, but I have no idea how to change it and everything I have tried is for someone already living in the US or a resident alien.  I tried to update my USCIS account as well and no luck.  Not really sure how else this can be done.  I tried "Ask Emma" but no luck either.

we also moved either, but I am not worried, I think their communication method is with email.

But, the address that I provided for US in no longer valid and I dont know if I can change the US address during the interview.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, farzady said:

we also moved either, but I am not worried, I think their communication method is with email.

But, the address that I provided for US in no longer valid and I dont know if I can change the US address during the interview.

Yes, everything been e-mailed and then also sent in the mail.  We also have an attorney on file, so one way or another we'll get what we need.  I do have mail forwarded from our last address to our new one.  I just wanted to make sure it was all current.

Timeline
2 hours ago, farzady said:

does it help you to get IL sooner? How much does it cost?

Not at all.  I've been DQ'd since July 2021 and still waiting for an interview.  The premium processing is just for USCIS to approve/deny the I-140 quicker.  The fee was around $2500 plus the filing fee of $700.

Edited by 3LabMom

My Husband and I have recently submitted our I140 paperwork (Aug 9th 2022) and are hoping to use the premium processing - however we only just found out today about the 2 year back log for consular processing. So disheartening. It seems people are very optimistic about the backlog being cleared. Other than this group - where are you receiving news about processing?

19 hours ago, Froozion said:

My Husband and I have recently submitted our I140 paperwork (Aug 9th 2022) and are hoping to use the premium processing - however we only just found out today about the 2 year back log for consular processing. So disheartening. It seems people are very optimistic about the backlog being cleared. Other than this group - where are you receiving news about processing?

If you are eligible, go for adjustment of status. At least your life won't be on hold...

Hello everybody, I'm a new member here, thanks for sharing valuable information.

I got my I140 approved at Texas service center on August 18, but yet did not receive anything from NVC. My approval notice says I should contact NVC if I do not receive a welcome package in 30 days. So I did send an email inquiry to nvcinquiry@state.gov, and also filled out the form on https://nvc.state.gov/inquiry. No response yet.

Is there anything else I can do? it seems like NVC takes over 2 months to respond to inquiries.

Thank you.

13 minutes ago, A.R.M said:

Hello everybody, I'm a new member here, thanks for sharing valuable information.

I got my I140 approved at Texas service center on August 18, but yet did not receive anything from NVC. My approval notice says I should contact NVC if I do not receive a welcome package in 30 days. So I did send an email inquiry to nvcinquiry@state.gov, and also filled out the form on https://nvc.state.gov/inquiry. No response yet.

Is there anything else I can do? it seems like NVC takes over 2 months to respond to inquiries.

Thank you.

go to this thread, which is still active and contains lots of information on this issue ... 

Edited by immishok

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.