AnotherGC

August 2022 NVC submission

326 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Bigmasoud said:

Hi, we submitted the documents on August 19th and nothing has happened yet. I guess we should be waiting for a response around 70 days. Hopefully it comes sooner. I've had an inquiry about changing the consulate and based on the NVC time frames, that takes another 60 days. I don't know if these things happen concurrently, but if they don't, we're looking at 130 days (-10 days) 😄

You mean, they will start looking at the documents after 70 days and tell that something is missing ?

11 minutes ago, AnotherGC said:

You mean, they will start looking at the documents after 70 days and tell that something is missing ?

I don't know when exactly they look at the documents. I've heard from people that they've been notified of missing things after the total time needed for processing, and when they've handled the missing documents, some have been dq'd very shortly within few days, and some have waited for another period. This is what I've gathered from what I've read. If I'm wrong somebody can elaborate.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Bigmasoud said:

I don't know when exactly they look at the documents. I've heard from people that they've been notified of missing things after the total time needed for processing, and when they've handled the missing documents, some have been dq'd very shortly within few days, and some have waited for another period. This is what I've gathered from what I've read. If I'm wrong somebody can elaborate.

Thanks. Actually, I sent the docuemnts on Aug 15th and they asked me to send a new birth certificate for my wife on Aug 25th. So I am thinking they will start processing imemdiately and to get DQ we might need 70 days after you submitted and rhey accept all the docs.

13 minutes ago, AnotherGC said:

Thanks. Actually, I sent the docuemnts on Aug 15th and they asked me to send a new birth certificate for my wife on Aug 25th. So I am thinking they will start processing imemdiately and to get DQ we might need 70 days after you submitted and rhey accept all the docs.

Aha I see. Good to know. No news for me yet. Hopefully everything is alright.

I submitted my DS260 and civil documents on Aug 19. Then submitted my AOS & my joint sponsor AOS along with all supporting documents on Aug 23. Now the wait begins! Hoping to be DQ’d by end of October or first week in November 

Just submitted all NVC forms today, I-130 got approved a while ago but only managed to get a hold of everything now. So now I wait, good luck to everyone else and hope we get through this as quickly as possible.

7 hours ago, JJShoulder said:

Just submitted all NVC forms today, I-130 got approved a while ago but only managed to get a hold of everything now. So now I wait, good luck to everyone else and hope we get through this as quickly as possible.

Thanks. I hope everyone goes through this process swiftly. I came upon a timeline for our consulate, and the wait time from dq to interview was only 3 months. So if things go well, we should expect for an interview in 3 or 4 months.

On 8/31/2022 at 2:12 AM, Bigmasoud said:

Thanks. I hope everyone goes through this process swiftly. I came upon a timeline for our consulate, and the wait time from dq to interview was only 3 months. So if things go well, we should expect for an interview in 3 or 4 months.

That’s the same for my husbands country so really hoping for an RFE free DQ

On 8/17/2022 at 11:46 AM, chaoticenergy said:

If your CEAC page shows "COMPLETED", "PAID", "SUBMITTED" for all the entries in this order, then yours is in line to be reviewed.

I uploaded another police certificate since that's what was rejected.  When I hit "submit" nothing happens.  It stays on "uploaded".  What am I doing wrong?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone... I'm new VJ and I've looked around/read much info and very pleased.  So here it goes:  My USCIS I-130 RFE was approved late July and moved to NVC/accepted on Aug 5  for CR1/IRI1 (after waiting an entire year (originally submitted on Aug 21, 2021).  I paid all fees immediately and received notice on Aug 9th to submit DS-260 and Civil Docs/I-864 and AOS docs.  Worked with an attorney and since she was on vacay, there was a little lag, but everything was finally entered/submitted on Aug 26th. 

I just read today, Monday 9/12, that NVC timeline moved and are currently working on applications submitted on 7/6/22.  And I read someone in the "July 2022" thread said he had submitted his stuff on July 8th and he got approved today Sept 9th (lucky him)!!! Very exciting -- waiting for a RFE-free DQ, too.  Good luck everyone.

12 hours ago, TayTay2022 said:

Hi everyone... I'm new VJ and I've looked around/read much info and very pleased.  So here it goes:  My USCIS I-130 RFE was approved late July and moved to NVC/accepted on Aug 5  for CR1/IRI1 (after waiting an entire year (originally submitted on Aug 21, 2021).  I paid all fees immediately and received notice on Aug 9th to submit DS-260 and Civil Docs/I-864 and AOS docs.  Worked with an attorney and since she was on vacay, there was a little lag, but everything was finally entered/submitted on Aug 26th. 

I just read today, Monday 9/12, that NVC timeline moved and are currently working on applications submitted on 7/6/22.  And I read someone in the "July 2022" thread said he had submitted his stuff on July 8th and he got approved today Sept 9th (lucky him)!!! Very exciting -- waiting for a RFE-free DQ, too.  Good luck everyone.

Hello, good luck. Yeah it takes around 70 days to get DQ. I also read some reports in the July thread and they were really comforting. Many people had got DQed in around two months. So I'm expecting mine around October 18 to 28.

5 minutes ago, Bigmasoud said:

Hello, good luck. Yeah it takes around 70 days to get DQ. I also read some reports in the July thread and they were really comforting. Many people had got DQed in around two months. So I'm expecting mine around October 18 to 28.

Yea same here. I’m expecting mine around Oct 24-Oct 31. I submitted my documents Aug 23.

Timeline

Hi, Today I got a message from NVC that I am DQ. Now, I am waiting for the Visa appointment from the embassy.  I think for employment based applications, NVC is reviweing the documents immediately and I think in 5-6 weeks I got DQ.  Good luck for your cases, you will get the DQ soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.