visaquestion1234

Wife is authorized user on credit card, but checking account is joint

19 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

I am interested in an example where a couple sent 4 statements for each joint account and an RFE was generated for the missing statements.

Perhaps, this. I wouldn't leave any gaps, because that gives an opportinity for RFE. More evidence, less probability of getting delayed in the process. 

Edited by OldUser

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
5 hours ago, OldUser said:

Perhaps, this. I wouldn't leave any gaps, because that gives an opportinity for RFE. More evidence, less probability of getting delayed in the process. 

Interesting thread. That was from 9 years ago.  Several  couples were required to provide more that 2 years of monthly bank statements.  Most however sent quarterly. 

* At that time, it was harder to get statements that far back at some banks if you had not been keeping them when mailed or printing them if you went paperless. The IO writing the RFE knew that and so was being a sadist.  These days you’d get that RFE and shrug your shoulders.  

* USCIS does evolve.  It used to send IMBRA RFEs if the couple found each other online on FB or Tinder. I haven’t see one of those for several years.

A licensed attorney who is a member of AILA told us to produce quarterly statements and that’s what we did. I’m sure she had done at least 100s of I-751s.  

Note that  the couple you quoted was also given an RFE for birth certificate of a child they had together.  The problem is that neither petitioner nor beneficiary  had birthed a child.  

If we were to use each RFE as a signal to others to modify their evidence then before we sent I-751, I would have had to get  get an operation to reverse  my vasectomy in order to produce an I-751 love child (whom we would have named “RoCky” in honor of the USCIS who demanded the child exist).  

Edited by Mike E

2 hours ago, Mike E said:

* USCIS does evolve.  It used to send IMBRA RFEs if the couple found each other online on FB or Tinder. I haven’t see one of those for several years.

A licensed attorney who is a member of AILA told us to produce quarterly statements and that’s what we did. I’m sure she had done at least 100s of I-751s. 

I worked with the immigration lawyer who's 20+ years in the industry and they're insisted on me sending full monthly statements for all joint bills, bank accounts etc.

I wish I could share your optimism regarding bueraucracy changing for the better, but here is another reply. Sure, their friend could've gotten RFE for not including all statement pages instead of skipping months.

At the same time, there is ambiguity in instructions for I-751:

"Submit copies of as many documents as you can to establish this fact, to demonstrate the circumstances of the relationship from the date of the marriage to the present date;"

This could be interpreted in various ways by IO.

The popular Jim Hacking on his YouTube also talks about "overwhelming" with evidence to avoid RFE.

This is all not to say you should buy a car, house or have a kid together for paperwork. Rather, if you have good evidence, send as much as you can. That's only my opinionated view, better be safe than sorry. People of course got approved with quarterly statements before and will be.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

We sent every statement for our joint bank account but highlighted relevant transactions (direct deposits from work, rent payments, utility payments, etc) so it would be easier to see the stuff that matters. 

I think some of this also comes down to the total quality of all evidence sent. If you only send over a couple of photos, an affidavit or two, and quarterly statements, you may get an RFE. But if you send quarterly statements along with a good amount of other strong proof, I doubt an RFE would happen. 

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.