Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Hi 

I sent them an email in June which they refer to navigator . I selected navigator and selected case status . They wait for six month .last time my case update in June .after I sent 2 more time but no response. I sent them email after 6 month and they sent my email to navigator again .I selected case status and I received same response whatever we received from op3 email(copy past response)

Thank you 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
18 minutes ago, APRIL2023 said:

Has anyone received any response from the consulate regarding AP status? I have emailed them since October and I have yet to get a response or even status update online. 

I emailed them in early October and got a standard email response about 10 days later. I also just sent then another email today.

18 minutes ago, APRIL2023 said:

Has anyone received any response from the consulate regarding AP status? I have emailed them since October and I have yet to get a response or even status update online. 

My last two emails received responses in October and December about a month after I sent them. I haven't sent an email since November as it just seems pointless. Not sure if anyone on here has ever really had a positive response to an email inquiry. Although someone recently posted that their congressman received an email response from the consulate stating they would request passport be returned to the consulate soon. I just cant see the consulate responding to a personal inquiry with the same email but hopefully that can be proved wrong.

On 1/8/2024 at 5:22 PM, appleblossom said:

Being married to a USC confers no automatic right to enter the US. Lots of people are married to USC's but can't enter the US, perhaps they have a ban from a previous overstay, or they have a drug conviction that makes them ineligible to enter etc. 

While this is true, in this very specific context (wherein a DS-5535 is issued to an applicant despite a complete lack of  legitimate security concerns), I have to imagine that the chances of the scenario posed by the person you are responding to is nil. The absolute worst case scenario, in my view, would be radio silence indefinitely rather than an outright refusal or a permanent entry ban.

Edited by Daft_Cat

3 hours ago, Daft_Cat said:

While this is true, in this very specific context (wherein a DS-5535 is issued to an applicant despite a complete lack of  legitimate security concerns), I have to imagine that the chances of the scenario posed by the person you are responding to is nil. The absolute worst case scenario, in my view, would be radio silence indefinitely rather than an outright refusal or a permanent entry ban.

How long that radio silence will last? Eventually, they have to respond at the end!!

Timeline
3 hours ago, Ahmad0606 said:

How long that radio silence will last? Eventually, they have to respond at the end!!

I did not get a response for my Oct and Nov inquiry. I emailed two weeks ago and received a response yesterday, although response is generic. Difference is that I have specific inquiry in the most email, rather than a broad request for status update. My “last update” status was then updated as well online. 

my interview was April 2023. Sigh. 

34 minutes ago, APRIL2023 said:

I did not get a response for my Oct and Nov inquiry. I emailed two weeks ago and received a response yesterday, although response is generic. Difference is that I have specific inquiry in the most email, rather than a broad request for status update. My “last update” status was then updated as well online. 

my interview was April 2023. Sigh. 

I also received an email response from the consulate on January 09th. Same generic email mention “case is currently under administrative processing”.

My interview was on September 27th, 2023.

1 hour ago, Ahmad0606 said:

I also received an email response from the consulate on January 09th. Same generic email mention “case is currently under administrative processing”.

My interview was on September 27th, 2023.

No replies between Sep-Oct. I received the standard response for an inquiry sent 12/26 on 1/6. Interview was early April 2023. Really praying to hear back in the next few weeks 😓

18 hours ago, ak47 said:

Did any of the Feb 2023 interviewees receive any response to their DS5535 ?

As we know, some people from January started receiving some response in the last couple of weeks.

Not yet. The extension the state department requested is close to expiring - though the US attorney has apparently been pretty receptive / cooperative in the past. Working with my lawyer now to figure out next steps - whether it’ll be signing off on another extension or fighting a motion to dismiss (whichever we ultimately end up with). I suppose there’s a possibility I miraculously hear from the consulate over the next week but not holding my breath.

Edited by Daft_Cat

Timeline
On 1/12/2024 at 7:06 PM, ak47 said:

Did any of the Feb 2023 interviewees receive any response to their DS5535 ?

As we know, some people from January started receiving some response in the last couple of weeks.

Feb 1 interview here...still have not heard back anything. Submitted all docs back in early March.

On 12/29/2023 at 12:12 PM, LetsGoFast said:

A little bit updates:

I saw the last update date change to Dec 28, 2023 for both of us and on Dec 29, 2023 morning, we received an email for asking for new medical exams.

For the inquiry that we sent to get back the passports, there is no reply yet.

We decided to do the new medical exams no matter whether they agree to mail back our passports or not.

Since Dec 29, 2023, some more updates:

Jan 2, 2024 - We went to do the second medical exam

Jan 2, 2024 - Saw Case Last Updated changed to Jan 2, 2024 for myself only. In the past, this happens when we received some email replies.. This time, no any response for my email sent on Dec 13, 2023 about getting back our passports.. I am not sure if in the last stage, the consulate will ignore this request because they thought the process is close to the end ...... 

Jan 5, 2024 - The doctor's office told us that the reports were submitted for both of us. I saw Case Last Updated time changed to Jan 5, 2024 for both me and my husband.

Jan 8, 2024 - The Case Last Updated time changed to Jan 8th, 2024 for both of us.. I guess this was triggered by receiving our new medical reports.. 

And since then, no any other information from the consulate. From some previous posts, people said they usually will return the passport back in 4-6 weeks after they received all documents. Actually, my passport has been hold for 2.5 months. I knew some delays were caused by the holiday season, which unfortunately triggers the expiration for medical reports.

I told myself everyday that we are close to the end, just insist one more day. We have been in our friends place for a long time, work remotely for a really long time, and scheduling prenatal exams in Canada makes everything even harder for me. We are grateful for all understandings from our friends and colleagues. I hope everyone has the best luck in the new year and the same good luck for my new baby, who will come this June (I really hope that at that time, we are already back in our home in the US).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.