2,958 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, ak47 said:

When was your interview and how many updates after the interview you had on which dates ?

I'm waiting for my passport with visa already. They asked for my passport back and a new medical exam at the beginning of April. I sent them my passport and medical exam on April 13. But still no passport on the way. They've been updating my account almost every day now. Hoping that's a good sign.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
16 hours ago, lomnd said:

Hi! How long did it take for you? They're updating almost every day now so fingers crossed!

That series of changes all took place the week before it was issued.  I believe it was two or three days when it read refused and the next day it was "issued".  It's been a while now, so can't remember exactly, and it's likely different for every case, but rest assured, the end is near!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
17 hours ago, Aiel said:

Good Afternoon, Please should I be worried about a *follow up interview*?? I initially interviewed on the 20 of January this year and I just got a follow up interview. 

Hi @AielI don't believe we have seen this happen in this particular group thread.  Were you issued a DS-5535 out of Montreal?  Are you a Canadian citizen applying for a family based benefit?  

There is an older thread on this topic and likely others: 

9 minutes ago, ajxl888 said:

Hah I feel you :(. How long have you guys been waiting?

Nov 9/22, you?

Few updates on like Nov 16 & 28 but nothing since... Very tough to swallow the WOM cost but part of the process now :(

1 minute ago, dennisv said:

Nov 9/22, you?

Few updates on like Nov 16 & 28 but nothing since... Very tough to swallow the WOM cost but part of the process now :(

Interview was on April 13th so still getting over the initial shock after getting the verbal approval at the embassy.

Keep us updated on that process.  Good luck! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
56 minutes ago, ajxl888 said:

Interview was on April 13th so still getting over the initial shock after getting the verbal approval at the embassy.

Keep us updated on that process.  Good luck! 

Mine was on the same day! I’d never received the questionnaire via email. I’d emailed them three times since the interview, with DS5535 info attached in my email. They have responded stating that co silage is aware of my situation, but never really acknowledged the DS5535 info. My status has been updated three times since their response, last being yesterday. 

48 minutes ago, APRIL2023 said:

Mine was on the same day! I’d never received the questionnaire via email. I’d emailed them three times since the interview, with DS5535 info attached in my email. They have responded stating that co silage is aware of my situation, but never really acknowledged the DS5535 info. My status has been updated three times since their response, last being yesterday. 

Oh interesting!  What have the status changes been?  I haven't seen a status change but they've "opened" my case once or twice since, whatever that means...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
16 hours ago, ajxl888 said:

Oh interesting!  What have the status changes been?  I haven't seen a status change but they've "opened" my case once or twice since, whatever that means...

My status is still the same as “refuses”, but the “last update” date changes a few times. How do you know that your case was “opened”? 

i read previously on the thread that many ppl have their status updates after DS5535 was received, then back to radio silence. Sensing that this could be the case for me. 

Hi, We (family of 4) had our interview 3 weeks back. Three of us received our passports with immigrant visas except for our 2 year old. Though we submitted her COVID 2nd dose vaccine proof 10 days prior to the interview date, medicals were not sent in time as the doctor went on vacation until last week, . I told the first officer who went through all originals, when she asked for the reason for delayed medicals.  We got email from Telus health that her medicals were sent last week. Her status is still refused, dates got updated a day before her medicals were sent and yesterday. I am not sure what to expect as we were not given any forms, visa officer didn't mention anything like 221g or admin processing. Nothing in mail or email for her, so I guess it's just a waiting game. Would reaching out to consulate help? I do have the officer's email as he reached out to me using email after the interview to come in and submit fingerprints one more time. I am a bit hesitant to email as it's only 1 week since her medicals were submitted. Would it be rude to email the officer and follow up on this? Any advice?

I'm so glad I found this thread.

My mom applied for IR5 (she's a PR in Canada, UK Citizen) and then got an interview last month (April 13th)
At the time, the officer gave a verbal approval, no paperwork, and kept her passport. He mentioned that he'd run fingerprints, and if there was any issues he'd email shortly thereafter, then said to expect passport back in 2-3 weeks.

Tomorrow we will be going on 4 weeks, and we keep seeing the status update in CEAC, but staying in "Refusal" 

It updated the day after her interview, then we saw it update on May 3rd, which aligned when we discovered it was still in "Refusal" then it updated again on May 9th but still in "Refusal" but this aligns with our Congressman's office reaching out for an update and getting the standard canned response.

We're really not sure why we are in AP given the verbal approval. Any issues that could have caused a problem (previous 10 year ban that elapsed 2 years ago and was mentioned by the office as not being a problem) have been explained by the officer at the interview as not an issue.

Just trying to understand when we'll get the visa/passport back...she made plans (I know, I know, don't make plans) to drive down with a friend but they are just hanging out in Canada, while I stew here in Florida.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

We sent an email to montreal-acs@state.gov, and she sent an email to montreal-dv-iv@state.gov as well but neither of us have gotten a response.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.