2,958 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello All.  I have been in AP since my interview in late November 2022.  I was issued the DS5355, since completed and immediately returned to the consulate.  I continue to wait like all of you, and so frustrating.  My case was updated a few times after the interview, followed by dry spell, and then finally another update in late January.  Nothing since...  My lawyer (assisted with my application way back) has sent email requests in, and no response.  I have asked my congressman to do the same (knowing that will likely do nothing), and he has not received a response.  I myself as the applicant sent an email early last week for the first time for an update, and requesting passport back, and no response.  We all received the automated email response confirming emails were received.  I find it a little bizarre that none of us have received a response - not even the typical generic response.  Is this unusual?  Thanks   

25 minutes ago, WMBB said:

Hello All.  I have been in AP since my interview in late November 2022.  I was issued the DS5355, since completed and immediately returned to the consulate.  I continue to wait like all of you, and so frustrating.  My case was updated a few times after the interview, followed by dry spell, and then finally another update in late January.  Nothing since...  My lawyer (assisted with my application way back) has sent email requests in, and no response.  I have asked my congressman to do the same (knowing that will likely do nothing), and he has not received a response.  I myself as the applicant sent an email early last week for the first time for an update, and requesting passport back, and no response.  We all received the automated email response confirming emails were received.  I find it a little bizarre that none of us have received a response - not even the typical generic response.  Is this unusual?  Thanks   

Hi WMBB, Welcome to the AP club. Part of what's happening with your case is usual and part of it is not. To communicate to embassy please use email: Montreal-IV-DV@state.gov  .... You should receive a reply back in 7 business days. Please mention your full name, case number, DOB, date of interview etc. 

People in AP DS 5535 have been waiting here for many months up to 1 -2 years unless they filed a WOM which helped to resolve their case quickly. (2 - 3 months after filing WOM). It's normal to have updates on CEAC status check. It's actually good thing because you know someone is working on your application. So it's normal what you're facing other than email response. You should get a response back in 7 business days (depends how busy are embassy people). Hope this helps!

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Mmk2112 said:

Hi WMBB, Welcome to the AP club. Part of what's happening with your case is usual and part of it is not. To communicate to embassy please use email: Montreal-IV-DV@state.gov  .... You should receive a reply back in 7 business days. Please mention your full name, case number, DOB, date of interview etc. 

People in AP DS 5535 have been waiting here for many months up to 1 -2 years unless they filed a WOM which helped to resolve their case quickly. (2 - 3 months after filing WOM). It's normal to have updates on CEAC status check. It's actually good thing because you know someone is working on your application. So it's normal what you're facing other than email response. You should get a response back in 7 business days (depends how busy are embassy people). Hope this helps!

Thank you for the helpful information.  That is the email that all of us have been using.   However no response for any of us in my party.  Some emails were sent a few weeks ago.  My email was 10 days ago.  I will continue to wait I guess.

1 hour ago, WMBB said:

I've emailed the embassy nearly 2 weeks ago and I'm still waiting for them to reply back to my previous email. Usually they respond to emails in a week but they've been terrible lately. I'm relieved to know that I'm not the only one noticing/experiencing this. It's ridiculous that email is the only method of communication with them. 

Edited by Tiabeanie

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Tiabeanie said:

I've emailed the embassy nearly 2 weeks ago and I'm still waiting for them to reply back to my previous email. Usually they respond to emails in a week but they've been terrible lately. I'm relieved to know that I'm not the only one noticing/experiencing this. It's ridiculous that email is the only method of communication with them. 

Thank you…good to know!

Timeline
44 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

I am rooting for all of you to settle this nightmare ASAP. I have received my passport with the stamp from the consulate and I am good to go at the time of my choosing. A lot to settle up here first however. I am thinking about entering for a few days and coming back, although I am apprehensive about CBP giving me a hard time about not just moving down in one shot. Some people have reported being hassled by them when entering...

just out of curiosity when did you hire your lawyer file your WOM? I'm trying to get an idea of how long it may take from hire to approve

IR-1/CR-1

Canada

February 2021 - Sent I-130

July 2021 - Sent expedite request

July 2021 - Approved 

August 2021 - NVC Welcome Letters

November 2021 - NVC requests missing documents

December 2021 - Submitted missing docs to NVC

May 2022  Notice of interview appointment

June 2022 - Interview + put in AP

March 2023 - AP complete + second medical requested by consulate

April 2023 - new medical submitted, visa status changed to issued

May 2023 - Entry into US

Timeline
1 minute ago, PZibran325 said:

just out of curiosity when did you hire your lawyer file your WOM? I'm trying to get an idea of how long it may take from hire to approve

I hired Hacking Law on or around October 13. Now, I took a few days to fill out all their stuff required for the law suit to be prepared, but that's just me. They eventually filed the lawsuit on October 24. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, ice-qube said:

I hired Hacking Law on or around October 13. Now, I took a few days to fill out all their stuff required for the law suit to be prepared, but that's just me. They eventually filed the lawsuit on October 24. 

thank you, appreciate it

IR-1/CR-1

Canada

February 2021 - Sent I-130

July 2021 - Sent expedite request

July 2021 - Approved 

August 2021 - NVC Welcome Letters

November 2021 - NVC requests missing documents

December 2021 - Submitted missing docs to NVC

May 2022  Notice of interview appointment

June 2022 - Interview + put in AP

March 2023 - AP complete + second medical requested by consulate

April 2023 - new medical submitted, visa status changed to issued

May 2023 - Entry into US

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

@Canucklehead ask someone to link you to the purgatory spreadsheet (DS5535 case tracking); I'm sorry you're here

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

17 hours ago, ice-qube said:

I am rooting for all of you to settle this nightmare ASAP. I have received my passport with the stamp from the consulate and I am good to go at the time of my choosing. A lot to settle up here first however. I am thinking about entering for a few days and coming back, although I am apprehensive about CBP giving me a hard time about not just moving down in one shot. Some people have reported being hassled by them when entering...

Happy for you and congratulation. Question is what will happen next after we filed WOM ? Wondering what should we do after 60 days? 

19 hours ago, ice-qube said:

They won’t, unless you keep coming back and forth, that’s usually when they start scrutinizing. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Jvisa said:

Happy for you and congratulation. Question is what will happen next after we filed WOM ? Wondering what should we do after 60 days? 

Once you file WOM, you have to wait for the government to be served, and then for the US attorneys to answer before the 60 day deadline (once served). Usually, they ask for a delay and the court usually grants it. The law firm handling your case should give updates to you when these events happen.

44 minutes ago, throwitaway said:

They won’t, unless you keep coming back and forth, that’s usually when they start scrutinizing. 

Well that's just it, what constitutes coming back and forth in this context. How much back and forth is too much, in other words...

1 minute ago, ice-qube said:

Once you file WOM, you have to wait for the government to be served, and then for the US attorneys to answer before the 60 day deadline (once served). Usually, they ask for a delay and the court usually grants it. The law firm handling your case should give updates to you when these events happen.

Well that's just it, what constitutes coming back and forth in this context. How much back and forth is too much, in other words...

Hi Ice-Qube-

We filed with Hacking as well and they mailed out the case to Montreal on Jan. 31st. Do you happen to remember how much time passed from them mailing it to your received date? I am trying to piece together a bit of a timeline. :)  Thanks!

Timeline
6 minutes ago, addpeace said:

Hi Ice-Qube-

We filed with Hacking as well and they mailed out the case to Montreal on Jan. 31st. Do you happen to remember how much time passed from them mailing it to your received date? I am trying to piece together a bit of a timeline. :)  Thanks!

Well, Hacking had sent out the summons on Oct 26, and the last defendant acknowledged being served on November 15. So, roughly three weeks from them sending out to when they were all served.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.