2,958 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, thx1139 said:

Got our tracking number today so I guess it's legit. Will post more next week once I have the visa in hand.

Wow. Awesome

10 hours ago, thx1139 said:

Got our tracking number today so I guess it's legit. Will post more next week once I have the visa in hand.

Could you please share your interview date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just had my interview on February 1st - everything seemed to be going great! I had all of my documents ready and prepared. Went through the whole interview process and then boom "You are denied for administrative purposes".

Not going to lie, my wife and I are extremely gutted about this. We have been apart for months now, and this just feels like another bureaucratic hurdle. I even tried asking what the reason was for denial and all the interviewing officer would say is "I could tell you, but you're going to be getting an email explaining it". They also gave me back my passport.

On the actual white 221G form all it says is:

• Supplemental information we will request via email
  • Additional processing is required, we will contact you when this is complete
  • You must present the documents listed: Your passport

I'm honestly at a loss for what this could be and the worst part is I have no idea what it is that they need. We've went back and forth trying to guess what it is. Some of our thoughts are:

• We both travelled to numerous countries since submitting DS-260 - maybe we need to add in those dates and countries?
  • My wife lived in Canada at time of DS-260 submission and now she lives in US
  • My wife worked in Canada at time of DS-260 - she now works in the US

Honestly, who knows! Did anyone else receive a similar 221(g) asking only for info via email - and if so what was it for?

Thanks all!

11 minutes ago, Canucklehead said:

Just had my interview on February 1st - everything seemed to be going great! I had all of my documents ready and prepared. Went through the whole interview process and then boom "You are denied for administrative purposes".

Not going to lie, my wife and I are extremely gutted about this. We have been apart for months now, and this just feels like another bureaucratic hurdle. I even tried asking what the reason was for denial and all the interviewing officer would say is "I could tell you, but you're going to be getting an email explaining it". They also gave me back my passport.

I'm honestly at a loss for what this could be and the worst part is I have no idea what it is that they need. We've went back and forth trying to guess what it is. Some of our thoughts are:

• We both travelled to numerous countries since submitting DS-260 - maybe we need to add in those dates and countries?

Honestly, who knows! Did anyone else receive a similar 221(g) asking only for info via email - and if so what was it for?

Thanks all!

Hi, sorry you received the DS5535 (Supplement Questions - 15 year travel history, work, email/social media).. You should get those questions by email today or have received already. There's a number of us in the 221g / DS5535 AP process.

Were the documents you presented okay or needed updated one?

Feel free to ask questions. 

59 minutes ago, Canucklehead said:

Thanks all!

Sorry to hear this man. Hope it works out for you and your family. We all have been here dealing with almost same situation. You will get DS5535 questionnaire in your email and you will have to provide answers to it. They will never tell you reasons for putting you in this list. People here are waiting for many months to come clear of such processing. It's a slow process so be prepared for it mentally, emotionally and financially. God Speed!

Hi there,

first of all i dont want you to worry, this 221g Ds5535 is very normal prcosess. I did lots of reading and research about it, from my experience with that; your answers have to be very accurate as much as you can, dont be scared or worried coz every case is different, they look for a pattern of your travel history, verify your profile. On average it can take anytime between few weeks to 6+ month in the worst case.

most important, did they return your passport to you at the end of the interview? If no this is a good sign.

if you have done the medical already and by the time they completed your AP will be 6 month after your medical you may need to redo the medical and re submit the results.

Timeline

Thank you everyone for your responses! This community is awesome!

As of today, I have not received any email from the embassy regarding next steps. All of the documents I presented during my interview were deemed OK (as far as I'm aware). They did not specifically mention I would need updated docs (i.e. criminal record checks, medical, etc.). 

From the responses, it seems most likely that they may be sending me a DS5535 form? I vaguely remember the interviewing officer mentioning I should be receiving the email shortly - is it the processing of the info I send back in that ultimately takes a long time to process?

Thank you for your support and best of luck to everyone else in a similar situation!

@Canuckleheadmaybe check your junk mail for the DS5535 also. It's just an email, and you populate with information (no attachments). It's the processing of information that is time consuming and the waiting game.

9 minutes ago, Canucklehead said:

Thank you everyone for your responses! This community is awesome!

As of today, I have not received any email from the embassy regarding next steps. All of the documents I presented during my interview were deemed OK (as far as I'm aware). They did not specifically mention I would need updated docs (i.e. criminal record checks, medical, etc.). 

From the responses, it seems most likely that they may be sending me a DS5535 form? I vaguely remember the interviewing officer mentioning I should be receiving the email shortly - is it the processing of the info I send back in that ultimately takes a long time to process?

Thank you for your support and best of luck to everyone else in a similar situation!

Don't want to give you false hope man. If you DS 5535 then be prepared to wait at least 6 months. Take care!

Timeline
21 minutes ago, dennisv said:

@Canuckleheadmaybe check your junk mail for the DS5535 also. It's just an email, and you populate with information (no attachments). It's the processing of information that is time consuming and the waiting game.

Just checked my junk mail - no emails there either. Also, I forgot to answer in my previous post - they gave my passport back to me at interview. Ultimately, I'm feeling pretty hopeless right now - seems like I'm going to be waiting months for this process to finish... :(

3 minutes ago, Canucklehead said:

Just checked my junk mail - no emails there either. Also, I forgot to answer in my previous post - they gave my passport back to me at interview. Ultimately, I'm feeling pretty hopeless right now - seems like I'm going to be waiting months for this process to finish... :(

I got my passport back on interview day too. It's like a kick in the gut that you get to that step of interview and meeting with the CO and then BAM, sorry we need more information from you. My interview was Nov 9 and I sent back the email 36 hours later and had a few date updates. I'm roughly 67 days since the last date update on tracker. 

Edited by dennisv

Timeline
2 minutes ago, dennisv said:

I got my passport back on interview day too. It's like a kick in the gut that you get to that step of interview and meeting with the CO and then BAM, sorry we need more information from you. My interview was Nov 9, and I'm roughly 63 days since the last date update on tracker. 

This just seems so incredibly inept on all fronts. It's as if they don't even give a rats A$$ that we are humans who are separated from loved ones. Trying to plan our whole life around this with no idea when it's going to happen!

Edited by Canucklehead

3 hours ago, Canucklehead said:

This just seems so incredibly inept on all fronts. It's as if they don't even give a rats A$$ that we are humans who are separated from loved ones. Trying to plan our whole life around this with no idea when it's going to happen!

Sorry to hear that they placed you in administrative processing. It's like a kick in the gut. It's cruel to leave people in the dark. I've been stuck since October and I feel like my life has been on hold since. I hope that you don't have to wait long and you're able to be reunited with your family.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.