13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Pls I have a question , My fiancé and I started this process and submitted our petition last month for the k1 visa but I’m so confused cos he filed for his ex gf 2019 , got an RFE , but withdrew the case cos she cheated on him and they broke up so he never responded to the rfe and instead withdrew . We started dating February of 2020 and we are so in love and he proposed last year September , we submitted our petition this year . Will the previous petition have an effect on this new one ? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

No

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Yes..they will ask ..but they won't deny nor affect your petition. My initial answer was on the latter part of the sentence. 

So, make sure you know in great detail from your boyfriend what transpired with the previous petition, who the lady was etc. You don't want to be asked and you're blank. But just basics...nothing too deep.

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline
58 minutes ago, Timona said:

Yes..they will ask ..but they won't deny nor affect your petition. My initial answer was on the latter part of the sentence. 

So, make sure you know in great detail from your boyfriend what transpired with the previous petition, who the lady was etc. You don't want to be asked and you're blank. But just basics...nothing too deep.

Okay so the question will likely come in the interview stage ? Not during this first phase, now I understand 

52 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

Nigeria K1's are always under high security but the USC has informed u of the prior case and the reason for withdrawal , so you are prepared 

Yes I am , thank you 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Marabella said:

@Timona sorry to disturb, the question will be asked at the interview stage and not this first stage right ? 

The petitioner should have disclosed the withdrawn K-1 in the section "Item Numbers 43. - 47. Previous Filings" on the I-129f. That is all that is required in the early stages regarding the prior petition. At the interview, they may ask you about it and the most important thing is that you know about it and the general details. 

Do you know if he disclosed it on the I-129f?

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

Timeline

@beloved_dingo yes he disclosed it in the 1-129f and also filled the year as well as his ex gf name . He didn’t lie about anything or withhold information 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
59 minutes ago, Marabella said:

@beloved_dingo yes he disclosed it in the 1-129f and also filled the year as well as his ex gf name . He didn’t lie about anything or withhold information 

Then you're good to go :) 

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 hours ago, Marabella said:

@Timona sorry to disturb, the question will be asked at the interview stage and not this first stage right ? 

the CO will ask these types of questions of Nigerian to see how well you know the USC and how familiar  u r with his past and present life and life changes 

the CO can ask anything /  just to make sure you are in a "real relationship"

Timeline
2 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

the CO will ask these types of questions of Nigerian to see how well you know the USC and how familiar  u r with his past and present life and life changes 

the CO can ask anything /  just to make sure you are in a "real relationship"

Okay noted , I’m glad I’m aware of everything and also prepared if that question comes up thank you @JeanneAdil

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.