JojoandTomas

JULY 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

183 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Eric10112021 said:

That's strange.  We followed the steps on travel.state.gov and already filled out the DS-160 using the link on this page https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

image.png.148998b78e41e03a2d59921f636de71d.png

It's when we go to pay the fee below is when we didn't know what to do because it asks for your invoice number.

https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx --> after you enter your case number it asks for your invoice number which we don't have.

I was confusing the DS-160 and the application. Anyhow, you cant pay the fee yet, and you cant pay the fee there. That happens in a different portal, they'll send you a link after the medical.

Timeline

Fiancé had he interview this morning and we were approved. She said it went super easy, the person conducting the interview was actually in a hurry so it seemed expedited, few generic questions, asked about an ESTA that had been canceled last year when we were traveling from Mexico to US, but other than that smooth sailing. She was calling me with the news less than 30 minutes from the start time of her appt. 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Mari_Justin said:

Fiancé had he interview this morning and we were approved. She said it went super easy, the person conducting the interview was actually in a hurry so it seemed expedited, few generic questions, asked about an ESTA that had been canceled last year when we were traveling from Mexico to US, but other than that smooth sailing. She was calling me with the news less than 30 minutes from the start time of her appt. 

Congrats! I think you’re the first approved visa in this topic. Must be a very nice feeling having done with the K1 process. 😃

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mari_Justin said:

Congrats!  This is great to hear!  Approved 30 days after In Transit email from NVC right? 😃

Timeline
On 10/12/2022 at 7:31 AM, Mari_Justin said:

Hey what did you guys do for your I-134?  I'm confused on what to do for this step...does the below mean we're done?  Any help would be appreciated.

image.png.9f3a9d328422b949348a936277a6d660.png

Timeline
3 hours ago, Eric10112021 said:

Hey what did you guys do for your I-134?  I'm confused on what to do for this step...does the below mean we're done?  Any help would be appreciated.

image.png.9f3a9d328422b949348a936277a6d660.png

I dont know what you've done here, the I-134 is a document that is printed and brought with you to the interview, I'm not sure how you have a confirmation of submission. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Nat Dan said:

I have a question guys, I received my NAO 2 September 2nd then applied for DS160 then I was trying to pay for visa but it won’t allow me. Is it because the NVC still hasn’t received my case even though it was approved? The web won’t let me pay the fee that is there. Any one can help? 

How did you complete your DS when it asks for case number that is yet to be provided by NVC?

Timeline
5 hours ago, Nat Dan said:

I have a question guys, I received my NAO 2 September 2nd then applied for DS160 then I was trying to pay for visa but it won’t allow me. Is it because the NVC still hasn’t received my case even though it was approved? The web won’t let me pay the fee that is there. Any one can help? 

You are not supposed to fill out DS-160 until after your embassy gets the case after NVC processing.

Depends on the embassy but probably they will reach out to you and that’s when you fill out DS-160

On 10/6/2022 at 12:12 PM, June 9 said:

NOA 1 JUNE 9 2021

NOA 2 JULY 29, 2022

Welcome letter from NVC October 4, 2022

Case number was allotted on September 28, 2022

Status changed from transit to ready in less than 24 hours,

Already filled up DS-160 and paid visa fee, tomorrow will schedule interview and medical exam

Embassy, Islamabad, Pakistan

Where do you guys look for status ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.