BigT

N-400 - Oath Ceremony Cancelled / Oath Ceremony De-Scheduled

13 posts in this topic

To track on how many Oath Ceremonies got cancelled and how long did it take for it to be rescheduled or how many still waiting.

My oath ceremony got cancelled one day prior oath ceremony. Received a phone call and they said due to technical issue my ceremony is cancelled. Received at the same time document online (no actual mail was received). I’ve been told to wait now for new date or any other decision they will make over the mail. Tried to reach them via phone, online requests - getting same template answer. 

My timeline:  Queens USCIS Local Office

N-400 Submitted - 2020/12/16

Interview Date - 2021/11/24

RFE Request - 2022/03/31

RFE Responded - 2022/04/11

Approval - 2022/04/30

Scheduled for Oath - 2022/05/02

Oath Date - 2022/06/09

Oath Cancelled - 2022/06/08

3 minutes ago, BigT said:

To track on how many Oath Ceremonies got cancelled and how long did it take for it to be rescheduled or how many still waiting.

My oath ceremony got cancelled one day prior oath ceremony. Received a phone call and they said due to technical issue my ceremony is cancelled. Received at the same time document online (no actual mail was received). I’ve been told to wait now for new date or any other decision they will make over the mail. Tried to reach them via phone, online requests - getting same template answer. 

My timeline:  Queens USCIS Local Office

N-400 Submitted - 2020/12/16

Interview Date - 2021/11/24

RFE Request - 2022/03/31

RFE Responded - 2022/04/11

Approval - 2022/04/30

Scheduled for Oath - 2022/05/02

Oath Date - 2022/06/09

Oath Cancelled - 2022/06/08

What was your RFE?

14 minutes ago, islandgirl80 said:

What was your RFE?

They requested Arrest report that happened 11 years ago and last three year of taxes, including 2022. Even though I gave it all on interview date and Officer even made copies of my arrest disposition. 

Edited by BigT
Extra info

11 minutes ago, BigT said:

They requested Arrest report that happened 11 years ago and last three year of taxes, including 2022. Even though I gave it all on interview date and Officer even made copies of my arrest disposition. 

Do you have a pending ROC?

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Thank you forv sharing this! 

I was supposed to have my oath ceremony today in Chicago but I received a call at 8:30 am where I was told that due to operational issues with the court they have to cancel my ceremony today and reschedule me for September 22. 

I received a notification in myUSCIS portal this afternoon that the ceremony was de scheduled and that they'll mail me a letter with my next steps. 

No updated letter with my new date was uploaded... 

Super confused as I don't have any arrests or any other issues with the court other than my divorce that got finalized a few years ago and I applied on the 5 year basis.

Hopefully we'll get naturalized soon!!

8 minutes ago, entoutcas said:

Thank you forv sharing this! 

I was supposed to have my oath ceremony today in Chicago but I received a call at 8:30 am where I was told that due to operational issues with the court they have to cancel my ceremony today and reschedule me for September 22. 

I received a notification in myUSCIS portal this afternoon that the ceremony was de scheduled and that they'll mail me a letter with my next steps. 

No updated letter with my new date was uploaded... 

Super confused as I don't have any arrests or any other issues with the court other than my divorce that got finalized a few years ago and I applied on the 5 year basis.

Hopefully we'll get naturalized soon!!

Are you changing your name as you're naturalizing?

@BigT@OldUser

I'm currently experiencing the same issue. I had my interview in Houston Texas on April 4th, 2022 and was scheduled to appear for my Oath Ceremony on April 30th. 

Unfortunately, the oath ceremony was cancelled on the same of the ceremony. A female officer said they couldn't print my Naturalization Certificate because they were having issues with their system. I have been waiting since then, called and chat severally, all to no avail. They keep saying to wait to be rescheduled. I have sent two E-request so far and after I sent the second one, they replied few days after and said I was placed in line for oath ceremony scheduling. I quickly signed into my online account only to find out that there had been two updates; 

Oath Ceremony Cancelled                                                                                                                                            August 25, 2022

Your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, was placed in line for oath ceremony scheduling.              August 25, 2022

Can you imagine a situation like this after waiting for almost five months. It is now over 5 months and still nothing. 

@OldUserDoes name change have anything to do with Oath Ceremony Cancellations? I legally change my last name in a court in February of 2021, long before I applied for my citizenship. 

Edited by LoveHeals

• 11 months later...

I have a weird situation and hoping if some one could help me. My interview was scheduled for 8/26. The status was updated on 8/10. Today when I checked, the status was showing de-scheduled due to unseen circumstances. and immediately after that it was again changed to oath scheduled but the weird thing is the second one also has the same date of 8/26 and time. In the documents both letters have the same date and time.  

image.png.ace44eae3df443c8bcd10d3d2f75e886.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.