59 posts in this topic

On 8/2/2022 at 11:44 AM, Family said:

No , they just reject the I-824 filing because payment did not go through. As soon as he mails it in with a money order ( bank check or even personal check), then they will begin processing it. 

He can use the same packet , no need to redo

No reason to worry, just a little delay. 
This time he needs to make copies!

Hi! Just want to ask, does the i-130 approval have an expiration date? I mean, we received our approval notice last june 27, 2020. I mean if we can't send the form i-824 immediately, won't it affect our approval? 

Last time, when my husband went to Navy federal, they said it was tagged as suspicious transaction that's why they rejected the payment and he should have called beforehand about it. But we haven't received any notice or letter from the USCIS yet.  Do you think we can send new form i-824 with money order?

Thanks you!

Edited by anna galacs

On 8/5/2022 at 1:26 PM, Family said:

Yes you can do a new one and make sure you send a copy of the I-130 approval notice. No there is no expiration of the case since it is w USCIS and won’t affect it at all.

Sorry to hear about the credit card , but it happens to many people.

Yes, will do! Thank you for this. BTW, 2e still don't have a notice from USCIS. We only knew that the payment was rejected through the  navy federal mobile banking app. It won't be a double submission of form i-824, right? Sorry, we're just really anxious that it's the second error now. I hope things will go smoothly after this. My husband plans to mail it again tomorrow

On 8/8/2022 at 2:37 AM, Family said:

No it will not be a “ double submission “ . As I showed in previous link, USCIS has a No Pay No Play rejection policy.

hi!! We're gonna senf the from again today. to whom should be address the money order? Thank you. Is it correct that he made it payable to U.S departtment of homeland security, not USCIS?

Edited by anna galacs

On 8/8/2022 at 2:37 AM, Family said:

No it will not be a “ double submission “ . As I showed in previous link, USCIS has a No Pay No Play rejection policy.

hi! we've sent a new application  for i-824 last 08/08, but this just got in the mail today. Huhuh are they going to reject our new form? We sent it with a money order last 08/08.. my husband already emailed the uscis.. we're anxiously waiting for their reply.. Thank you

image.png

That is the 1st packet u sent . Nothing was done to/with it. 
New application w money order should go through without problems.

It has come to my attention that a few people who filed I-130 online were facing the same problem as your husband. Even though they clearly marked only one selection for Consular Processing, they were later forced to file I-824 because system marked both consular and adjustment in US. 

Did your husband file I-130 online ? 
Did he file w  paper I-130 and does he have a copy? Trying to see if maybe he did not make the mistake we are assuming.

12 hours ago, Family said:

That is the 1st packet u sent . Nothing was done to/with it. 
New application w money order should go through without problems.

It has come to my attention that a few people who filed I-130 online were facing the same problem as your husband. Even though they clearly marked only one selection for Consular Processing, they were later forced to file I-824 because system marked both consular and adjustment in US. 

Did your husband file I-130 online ? 
Did he file w  paper I-130 and does he have a copy? Trying to see if maybe he did not make the mistake we are assuming.

Hi! Yes, he did file it online. I don't know if he marked only one selection for the consular processing, but he was confused because after filling up "changing of status at USCIS office (61)" the part for "apply for an immigrant visa abroad (62)" still appeared. He thought that it must be both filled up.

He said it's not like the form i-824 wherein you fill it up through adobe reader. It was more like filling up part by part though a slide, like a PowerPoint presentation. Hope I made sense.

14 hours ago, anna galacs said:

Hi! Yes, he did file it online. I don't know if he marked only one selection for the consular processing, but he was confused because after filling up "changing of status at USCIS office (61)" the part for "apply for an immigrant visa abroad (62)" still appeared. He thought that it must be both filled up.

He said it's not like the form i-824 wherein you fill it up through adobe reader. It was more like filling up part by part though a slide, like a PowerPoint presentation. Hope I made sense.

Your first post included a “photo “ of paper I-130 …( fillable forms PDF) so I don’t think he did it “:online” where everything is digital and uploaded. 
Your husband can also report the problem to ombudsman and even try USCIS expedite for I-824 if he has any qualifying hardship/reasons.

Anyway they are not “ recognizing “ it as anything other than the applicant’s mistake but they have had problems reported. Here’s a link to OMBUDSMAN’s telling USCIS to update special instructions so problem doesn’t keep happening.

14 hours ago, Family said:

Your first post included a “photo “ of paper I-130 …( fillable forms PDF) so I don’t think he did it “:online” where everything is digital and uploaded. 
Your husband can also report the problem to ombudsman and even try USCIS expedite for I-824 if he has any qualifying hardship/reasons.

Anyway they are not “ recognizing “ it as anything other than the applicant’s mistake but they have had problems reported. Here’s a link to OMBUDSMAN’s telling USCIS to update special instructions so problem doesn’t keep happening.

Oh, I screen shot it from his USCIS account. Sad to hear that there are many cases like this. We waited 2 years for the approval and it's sad that our processing time got  even longer.   Thank you so much for all the help :)

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
On 8/14/2022 at 11:49 AM, anna galacs said:

Oh, I screen shot it from his USCIS account. Sad to hear that there are many cases like this. We waited 2 years for the approval and it's sad that our processing time got  even longer.   Thank you so much for all the help :)

Hello! Any update on your case? My parents are in the Philippines too! Goodluck!

K1 Visa

02/11/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

02/17/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

02/19/16....Notice date

02/22/16....NOA1 E-mail. Case sent to CSC

03/02/16....NOA1 Hard copy recieved

04/28/16....NOA2 Approved (Notification received from USCIS App)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A hijack post and multiple replies have been split from this thread into a new thread in this forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 7 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.