P055UM

Global Entry Required Documents?

18 posts in this topic

Does anybody have any recent experience enrolling with Global Entry at a PoE?

I applied from abroad a couple of days ago, thinking that the approval would take a long time. Turns out conditional approval came in 36h. I am flying back to the US tomorrow and ideally would like to enroll at the PoE as standalone appointments are very difficult to come by. The documentation I have with me is a bit sparse as I didn't travel with much.

From what I understand, I only need:

- My passport

- LPR card

- Proof of residence (eg. driving license)

Mostly I am concerned about the residence requirement - often services require more than one piece of evidence, but the TTP website isn't particularly clear. If anybody could confirm one is enough, I'd be very grateful. And, if two are required, would digital bank statements suffice?

Thanks!

On 6/28/2022 at 2:48 AM, AW1704 said:

I applied from abroad a couple of days ago, thinking that the approval would take a long time. Turns out conditional approval came in 36h.

So lucky!  My USC husband and I (LPR) applied around a month ago, but still no update.

1 minute ago, Chancy said:

So lucky!  My USC husband and I (LPR) applied around a month ago, but still no update.

Yeah, but that is where the luck ends 😁 despite entering at an enrolment POE, I didn't get enrolled and instead got held in secondary.

The lines at O'Hare were awful too (hours long). So much so that I am considering a silly-long drive to an available enrolment centre so that I can avoid them when I travel internationally at Christmas 😅

I hope you ultimately have better luck than me!

On 7/1/2022 at 9:46 AM, Chancy said:

I (LPR) applied in April and still haven't heard anything 😑 this is giving me USCIS vibes all over again

asdf

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 7/1/2022 at 3:51 PM, AW1704 said:

despite entering at an enrolment POE, I didn't get enrolled and instead got held in secondary.

Strange.  I enrolled upon arrival at IAD.  After going through secondary.  No problem to combine the two.  Maybe ORD is laid out differently?  Where is the Global Entry counter in ORD?

6 minutes ago, RLA said:

Strange.  I enrolled upon arrival at IAD.  After going through secondary.  No problem to combine the two.  Maybe ORD is laid out differently?  Where is the Global Entry counter in ORD?

Lol I don't know since I just got shown the door after secondary (was it even secondary? idk. they didn't ask me a single thing). They have an enrollment counter in international arrivals (not airside), but obviously that was closed. Perhaps after secondary they were expecting me to walk myself to wherever the interviews are done. Fine in theory except a) I didn't even know I was in secondary since it's not happened to me before and they didn't tell me that was the case (I probably realised that whole experience wasn't to do with GE on the bus, and confirmed by checking my TTP account and seeing nothing had changed), and b) it is 100% not obvious how one can even get from secondary to GE enrolment at O'Hare and you won't be surprised to hear that it's not as if anybody was at all forthcoming with that information.

Current working theory is that the CBP officer at the booth knew he had to take me somewhere to do the GE interview, but just took me to the wrong place. We had had a very long day and since we were expecting to be taken elsewhere to be interviewed, we didn't question when he lead us off somewhere (albeit without a word...).

Anyway. It is fine. There is a cool bot on Twitter which scrapes GE appointments at CBP field offices and I managed to snag one of those at the nearest office for me before I next plan on travelling internationally. Couple hours of driving but not that bad. Frustrating though when you do everything you are supposed to do and the system just doesn't work properly. Oh well.

On 7/5/2022 at 4:50 PM, ghostinthemachine said:

I (LPR) applied in April and still haven't heard anything 😑

There's another recent post from someone who didn't get an update for 9 months about their GE application, then got a denial letter 😢  Hopefully, we'll both have better luck, despite the current radio silence.

Just now, Chancy said:

There's another recent post from someone who didn't get an update for 9 months about their GE application, then got a denial letter 😢  Hopefully, we'll both have better luck, despite the current radio silence.

If it makes you feel any better, the system can be kind of random but ultimately have good results. My wife (USC) got her GE even before pandemic times screwed everything up but it still took approx 6 months to get from paying her $100 to conditional approval/ready for interview.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/1/2022 at 12:46 PM, Chancy said:

My wife applied for GE back on Feb 15 and still no update.   So, 5 1/2 months so far and still counting. We are wondering if they will hold it against her for being refused entry to Mexico before, even though there was no kind of violation of any kind of law or rule or even any allegation of it in that incident.  I'm sure DHS is aware of it.  We'll see.

She's headed back to the Philippines next week for a short visit so probably not much help on that trip. 

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

22 hours ago, top_secret said:

My wife applied for GE back on Feb 15 and still no update.   So, 5 1/2 months so far and still counting. We are wondering if they will hold it against her for being refused entry to Mexico before, even though there was no kind of violation of any kind of law or rule or even any allegation of it in that incident.  I'm sure DHS is aware of it.  We'll see.

She's headed back to the Philippines next week for a short visit so probably not much help on that trip. 

Is your wife the GC holder?

I'd be so curious to see what parameters they use to inform their decisions too though. I'm about to fly out in a couple of weeks as well returning in September so hopefully maybe there will have been an update in the meantime... I'm guessing it doesn't help that I have a bunch of potentially spicy countries on my visitor list. 😅

asdf

26 minutes ago, ghostinthemachine said:

Is your wife the GC holder?

I'd be so curious to see what parameters they use to inform their decisions too though. I'm about to fly out in a couple of weeks as well returning in September so hopefully maybe there will have been an update in the meantime... I'm guessing it doesn't help that I have a bunch of potentially spicy countries on my visitor list. 😅

My wife is the green card holder.  I don't think she has been anyplace too 'spicy" but she had been to ALLOT of countries in the last 5 years.  Like 20 counties, so I could see how that might pique their interest.

The DHS Office of Inspector General did an interesting audit report that gives a little insight into how they screen applicants. 

https://www.oig.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/assets/2019-06/OIG-19-49-Jun19.pdf

It also lists the 21 different databases they dredge through (Appendix C)

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/1/2022 at 12:46 PM, Chancy said:

Just to update my wife's Global Entry application.  She finally got her conditional approval a full 6 1/2 months after submitting her application.  The conditional approval came on the eve of her return flight to the US from a short trip overseas.  The timing of the approval was almost exactly when the airline would have submitted her APIS information and CBP would have known she was arriving from overseas in the immediate future

However since she used her US cell phone number for the multifactor authentication for logon.gov, and that number does not roam overseas,🙄 she could not log into her account to see the approval while overseas and therefore did not complete her interview on arrival when she returned.  So since appointments appear to not actually exist, I guess her actual interview is deferred until her next trip.

In any case 6 1/2 months for conditional approval was her timetable.

(pro tip, add the one time codes as a multifactor authentication option for logon.gov or else get a phone number that roams overseas:idea:)

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

3 hours ago, top_secret said:

Just to update my wife's Global Entry application.  She finally got her conditional approval a full 6 1/2 months after submitting her application.

Congratulations on the conditional approval at least!  Still no update on my application nor my USC husband's.  I thought I had applied early enough, but now I'm not optimistic that I'll have GE/TSA PreCheck in time for the November holidays 😞

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.