27 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I just received a DQ from NVC and am currently waiting on my interview date. I went ahead and scheduled my medical check with Dr. Raphaël Nardone in Brussels (the earliest date was Aug 9th which I think is absurd as it is probably going to get very close to the interview date). If I'm correct, the information on the doctors on Visajourney is a bit outdated. The embassy website only qualifies four doctors for medical checks: two in Brussels and two in Luxembourg (Antwerp has been removed recently).

That is why I am also confused about additional vaccine shots: I thought I was going to get them all during the check-up, but the email I received from Dr. Nardone says "your vaccination must be in order; please refer to the information given by the embassy of the country concerned." This is quite annoying because I know I need to get the Varicella shot, but thought I would get it here. So, what did you guys do? Where and how did you get any additional shots? Thanks in advance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Be aware that undergoing the medical early will result in a shorter expiration date on the visa since the visa expiration (no more than 6 months from medical) is controlled by the date of the medical exam completion.  In some countries, you must have an interview letter before civil surgeons will even schedule an exam.  Good luck. 

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Crazy Cat said:

Be aware that scheduling the medical too early will result in a shorter expiration date on the visa since the visa expiration is controlled by the date of the medical exam.  In some countries, you must have an interview letter before civil surgeons will schedule an exam.  Good luck. 

Hi! Thanks for your comment :) I think it will be fine in the case of Belgium. Interviews are scheduled pretty early! I am more afraid of my medical check being late than early haha.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Just now, Nika P said:

Hi! Thanks for your comment :) I think it will be fine in the case of Belgium. Interviews are scheduled pretty early! I am more afraid of my medical check being late than early haha.

If the interview is conducted before the medical exam, your case will be refused and held until the medical exam is completed.....then the consulate will finish processing the visa. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
On 6/26/2022 at 2:51 PM, Nika P said:

Hi everyone,

I just received a DQ from NVC and am currently waiting on my interview date. I went ahead and scheduled my medical check with Dr. Raphaël Nardone in Brussels (the earliest date was Aug 9th which I think is absurd as it is probably going to get very close to the interview date). If I'm correct, the information on the doctors on Visajourney is a bit outdated. The embassy website only qualifies four doctors for medical checks: two in Brussels and two in Luxembourg (Antwerp has been removed recently).

That is why I am also confused about additional vaccine shots: I thought I was going to get them all during the check-up, but the email I received from Dr. Nardone says "your vaccination must be in order; please refer to the information given by the embassy of the country concerned." This is quite annoying because I know I need to get the Varicella shot, but thought I would get it here. So, what did you guys do? Where and how did you get any additional shots? Thanks in advance.

Did you have your medical check? How did it go? Did you go somewhere else beforehand for the Varicella shot?
I would love to know your experience as I will have to do the same in a couple months.

• 4 months later...
Timeline
On 8/12/2022 at 10:24 AM, Artuicune said:

Did you have your medical check? How did it go? Did you go somewhere else beforehand for the Varicella shot?
I would love to know your experience as I will have to do the same in a couple months.

Hi! I was wondering the same questions you asked for u as well! It has been a few months and I wonder how it went for u? 

Timeline
47 minutes ago, Sou said:

Hi! I was wondering the same questions you asked for u as well! It has been a few months and I wonder how it went for u? 

In Belgium, you'll need to visit a doctor beforehand for the varicella shot. My doctor first did a blood check to find out if I needed the shot because a lot of people have immunity without even knowing about it. Turns out that I was one of those people. He gave me a prescription for the vaccine that I needed to take to a pharmacy in case the blood report did come back negative for immunity though. Do not forget: if you are immune, you'll need to provide the report of your blood work to the immigration doctor. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sou said:

For me, all went well. I went to the doctor in Brussels. The X-ray went fast, but I had to wait for 40 min or so for the doctor, even though I had an appointment.

I had varicella as a kid, so I only needed a flu shot, which I went to buy during the medical exam. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Artuicune said:

For me, all went well. I went to the doctor in Brussels. The X-ray went fast, but I had to wait for 40 min or so for the doctor, even though I had an appointment.

I had varicella as a kid, so I only needed a flu shot, which I went to buy during the medical exam. 

Thank you for the reply! When did you schedule your medical exam? Did you do it after you received the NOA2 or when you received the welcome letter? Im making a timelime of the whole progress and its a bit confusing on when to do things.

2 hours ago, Nika P said:

In Belgium, you'll need to visit a doctor beforehand for the varicella shot. My doctor first did a blood check to find out if I needed the shot because a lot of people have immunity without even knowing about it. Turns out that I was one of those people. He gave me a prescription for the vaccine that I needed to take to a pharmacy in case the blood report did come back negative for immunity though. Do not forget: if you are immune, you'll need to provide the report of your blood work to the immigration doctor. 

Thank you! I’ll make sure to get the varicella shot at my doctor before the medical exam.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Sou said:

Thank you for the reply! When did you schedule your medical exam? Did you do it after you received the NOA2 or when you received the welcome letter? Im making a timelime of the whole progress and its a bit confusing on when to do things.

Thank you! I’ll make sure to get the varicella shot at my doctor before the medical exam.

I scheduled it in advance, before getting the welcome letter. I noticed that the wait time for the doctor was about 5-6 weeks, and I expected to receive the welcome letter before the first available appointment based on VJ timelines. Turned out I was right, as I got the welcome letter about a week before my appointment. Depending on how fast you want to move things along, it might be worth to book in advance.

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Artuicune said:

I scheduled it in advance, before getting the welcome letter. I noticed that the wait time for the doctor was about 5-6 weeks, and I expected to receive the welcome letter before the first available appointment based on VJ timelines. Turned out I was right, as I got the welcome letter about a week before my appointment. Depending on how fast you want to move things along, it might be worth to book in advance.

Thank you for the info! I might do that too. But where did you see that the wait times for the doctor was 5-6 weeks? Can i also ask you how long after the medical exam you had your interview? 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 1/8/2023 at 10:56 PM, Sou said:

Thank you for the info! I might do that too. But where did you see that the wait times for the doctor was 5-6 weeks? Can i also ask you how long after the medical exam you had your interview? 

@Artuicune hi sorry is it possible to answer my questions? Thank you very much!!

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Sou said:

@Artuicune hi sorry is it possible to answer my questions? Thank you very much!!

Hey Sou, you'll find that out when you schedule your appointment. For example, for Dr. Nardone you'll find the booking dates here: https://progenda.be/calendars/docteur-nardone-raphael-medecine-generale-panel-physician-visa-schaerbeek?locale=en

With the earliest date being Feb 17.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Nika P said:

Hey Sou, you'll find that out when you schedule your appointment. For example, for Dr. Nardone you'll find the booking dates here: https://progenda.be/calendars/docteur-nardone-raphael-medecine-generale-panel-physician-visa-schaerbeek?locale=en

With the earliest date being Feb 17.

Thank youu!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.