rickbechard@gmail

I-797C received

4 posts in this topic

My wife has received an I-797C form which was sent on June 1. The form states that the USCIS has received her immigrant visa packet, but can not process it until the fee of $220 is paid. Seems straightforward until you consider:

1. I paid a $325 IV Fee through the NVC website in February. This was required before an interview could be scheduled.

2. She had her embassy interview in early April.

3. She received her visa in late April.

4. She arrived in the US on May 3.

5. She received her SS card on May 20.

She hasn't received the green card yet. I have sent a message to USCIS, but wondering if anyone here knows what/why/how.

Oh and to add to the confusion, the form is addresses to my wife, c/o my mother, at the address I live at in Oregon. My mother does not live in Oregon.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

This is a separate fee to the ones already paid for the I130 and NVC page  The $220 fee is required after successfully obtaining the visa. It is required before the plastic card is printed and shipped to the immigrant 

https://my.uscis.gov/uscis-immigrant-fee

Edited by Lil bear

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

This is a Green Card production fee.

Normal for this process

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

*** Moved from IR1/CR1 Process & Procedures to General Immigration-Related Discussion, where topics related to GC production are discussed ***

3 hours ago, rickbechard@gmail said:

She hasn't received the green card yet. I have sent a message to USCIS, but wondering if anyone here knows what/why/how.

She hasn't received the plastic GC yet because she hasn't paid the $220 immigrant fee.  After her visa was delivered, she should have received either a paper document or an email with instructions to pay the fee.  It's also on the DOS website -- https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-10-prepare-for-the-interview/step-12-after-the-interview.html

"You must pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) after you receive your immigrant visa and before you travel to the United States. Only children who enter the United States under the Orphan or Hague adoption programs, Iraqi and Afghan special immigrants, returning residents (SB-1s), and those issued K visas are exempt from this fee. Please visit the USCIS website for more information and to pay the fee.

Please Note: USCIS will not issue a Permanent Resident Card (Form I-551 or Green Card) until you have paid the fee."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.