ConnorLee

Some questions on i485 as I go along. Expiration date of I-693. I-131 not details on travel.

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I am, USC, filing i485 for my dad who is in the USA. I would appreciate if you help me with couple of questions.

I-485

1. Should we get medical examination done now and submit form I-693 along with I-485? Or should we wait till they schedule an interview and then pass it? I am sure I read in instructions that it is valid for couple of months only but online it says it is valid for 2 years. Which is it?

2. I read all the 80 YES/NO questions to my dad in our language. Is it detrimental to his application if I mention that I read questions to him in our language? Would they think his English is bad and deny him or require to bring an interpreter?

3. To question 23 in Part.8: Have you ever applied for any relief or protection from removal, exclusion or deportation? He applied for Temporary Protected Status and it is pending. Is it YES here?

4. I want to put on the form that I was a preparer. What will be required of me after we submit this form? Will I be contacted by them?

5. In part 8 in organizations I added USSR conscript military service. Does it have a negative impact on application?

I-131

I am also applying for travel document. They are asking about details of the trip like: Date of Intended Departure, Expected length of Trip. Then there is Part.4. Information about your proposed travel, etc. We don't have those details. For now there are no hard plans to travel but situation is such that we might need to. What do I answer in those questions in this case?

Thank you.

Edited by ConnorLee
Added question 5.

1. up to you. either way is fine. for me, since i live in a town where the surgeon is very limited + doctor appointment take months, i sent the medical in initial package. if you live in for example NYC, u dont have to worry about it. they even can do walk in. for now its valid 2 years from the day doctor signed

2. probably. its ok to bring intepreter for the interview

3. cant answer that

4. not sure they will contact you, but u can be the preparer

5. cant answer that. 

6. just make plan to travel for 2-3 weeks to home country. it's only a plan, its ok  just stated "visit family member" or something

17 hours ago, ConnorLee said:

Hi everyone,

I am, USC, filing i485 for my dad who is in the USA. I would appreciate if you help me with couple of questions.

I-485

1. Should we get medical examination done now and submit form I-693 along with I-485? Or should we wait till they schedule an interview and then pass it? I am sure I read in instructions that it is valid for couple of months only but online it says it is valid for 2 years. Which is it?

2. I read all the 80 YES/NO questions to my dad in our language. Is it detrimental to his application if I mention that I read questions to him in our language? Would they think his English is bad and deny him or require to bring an interpreter?

3. To question 23 in Part.8: Have you ever applied for any relief or protection from removal, exclusion or deportation? He applied for Temporary Protected Status and it is pending. Is it YES here?

4. I want to put on the form that I was a preparer. What will be required of me after we submit this form? Will I be contacted by them?

5. In part 8 in organizations I added USSR conscript military service. Does it have a negative impact on application?

I-131

I am also applying for travel document. They are asking about details of the trip like: Date of Intended Departure, Expected length of Trip. Then there is Part.4. Information about your proposed travel, etc. We don't have those details. For now there are no hard plans to travel but situation is such that we might need to. What do I answer in those questions in this case?

Thank you.

Hi,

I-485

1. USCIS now recommends sending I-693 form together to reduce delays so you can send now. Recently, my husband and I submitted I-485, I-765, I-131 along with I-693 on June 3rd, 2022. 

2. Bring interpreter to the interview so that it will be easy for him to answer whenever there is difficulty. 

3. Cannot answer because the basis for TPS application is not mentioned. Please make sure about this with attorney if your dad’s case is different which we might not be aware of. My husband has TPS (TPS was given for my country due to earthquake) and he answered No to this question. Look at the basis of your dad’s TPS application. 

4. Since you are preparing the form, fill the preparer’s part. Don’t know if they will contact you or not but even if they will contact you, thats totally fine.

5. Don’t know anything regarding this.

I-131

Date of intended departure should be 6 months apart from the date of application. I had put expected length of trip as 25 days. I didn’t write anything on the purpose of trip. I read some people mentioning as- No any plan to travel but just in case of emergency. I wanted to write something like this but my husband didn’t want to write anything so I too kept it blank. If you want to answer, you can find sample answers from google search.

Please regularly check USCIS website for changes and updates. 

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.