madmanmike

June 2022 K-1 I-129f Filers

662 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

JUNE 2022 UPDATE AS OF JULY 25

88000: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)

89500: 1 RFER (0 new / 1 in progress)

90500: 1 RFER (0 new / 1 in progress)

91000: 2 RFERs (0 new / 2 in progress)

92000: 3 RFERs, 1 Withdrawal (1 new / 3 in progress)

92500: 1 RFER (0 new / 1 in progress)

93500: 4 RFERs (0 new / 4 in progress)

94000: 4 Approvals (4 new / 0 in progress)

94500: 3 Approvals, 1 RFES (4 new / 0 in progress)

95000: 4 RFESs, 1 RFER (4 new / 1 in progress)

95500: 1 RFES (1 new / 0 in progress)

96000: 1 RFER (0 new / 1 in progress)

96500: 4 Approvals, 1 RFES (5 new / 0 in progress)

97000: 11 Approvals, 2 RFESs (13 new / 0 in progress)

97500: 1 RFER (0 new / 1 in progress)

98500: 10 Approvals, 1 RFER (9 new / 2 in progress)

99000: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)

99500: 1 RFER (1 new / 0 in progress)

100000: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)

62 Total Updates: 35 Approvals, 9 RFESs, 17 RFERs, 1 Withdrawal

➡️Total for this month: 443 Untouched, 2397 Approvals, 555 RFESs, 115 RFERs, 308 Denials, 22 Expedites(Denied: 22), 127 Withdrawals, 68 Others

📄Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zxjmSkJ1J055Bnbc7ghMGFuu8ZZPYJT_34pXLS966kA/edit?usp=sharing 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
43 minutes ago, 2Phayded said:

Was wondering the same thing. I tried calling the NVC and I received a message stating that they had suspended their lines to address a critical backlog.

NVC only takes inquiries now: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html
Things are getting faster but March and April NOA2s experienced a 90-day NVC stage.

I see you were approved in July and @xxxxx77 in June. Follow the respective threads:

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Timeline

JUNE 2022 UPDATE AS OF JULY 26

88000: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)

88500: 1 RFER (1 new / 0 in progress)

89000: 1 RFER (1 new / 0 in progress)

89500: 3 Approvals (0 new / 3 in progress)

90000: 1 RFER (1 new / 0 in progress)

90500: 1 RFER (0 new / 1 in progress)

92000: 1 RFER (0 new / 1 in progress)

92500: 1 RFER (0 new / 1 in progress)

93000: 2 Approvals, 1 RFER, 1 Denial (3 new / 1 in progress)

93500: 1 Approval, 1 Denial, 1 Other (Case Was Reopened For Reconsideration) (1 new / 2 in progress)

94000: 1 RFER (1 new / 0 in progress)

94500: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)

95000: 1 RFER (0 new / 1 in progress)

95500: 4 Approvals, 1 RFES (5 new / 0 in progress)

96000: 1 Approval, 2 RFERs (1 new / 2 in progress)

96500: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)

97000: 3 Approvals, 2 RFESs (5 new / 0 in progress)

97500: 1 RFER (0 new / 1 in progress)

98000: 10 Approvals, 1 RFER (8 new / 3 in progress)

98500: 7 Approvals, 1 RFES (8 new / 0 in progress)

99500: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)

55 Total Updates: 35 Approvals, 4 RFESs, 13 RFERs, 2 Denials, 1 Other (Case Was Reopened For Reconsideration)

➡️Total for this month: 416 Untouched, 2432 Approvals, 550 RFESs, 114 RFERs, 310 Denials, 18 Expedites(Denied: 18), 127 Withdrawals, 68 Others

📄Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zxjmSkJ1J055Bnbc7ghMGFuu8ZZPYJT_34pXLS966kA/edit?usp=sharing 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, K1Sam said:

Is any June filer here besides me still waiting for NOA2?

I just wonder, I know I can already assume we were left behind.

There are still 400 June filers waiting... it has been just 13 months... chin up and hang in there!  They don't leave anyone behind...

9 minutes ago, Ok-Mix said:

There are still 400 June filers waiting... it has been just 13 months... chin up and hang in there!  They don't leave anyone behind...

Thanks for the reply but perhaps I wasn't clear enough.

I'm asking if any June filer here on visa journey, those that maybe follow this thread, that are still waiting for NOA2.

Sorry, the days of me being positive are over, I'm well aware of how many pending cases there are from June, and even January of 2022. Last year I thought those cases that took forever to adjudicate had some problems, perhaps missing supporting documents, or petitioners with legal issues or multiple filers, etc. You get the idea. It's clear to me now, and not just from my petition, that the USCIS has a very random and mysterious process in place and none of that matters. Unless you think it's OK for a January 2022 filer with no issues and all the supporting documents to still be waiting because "sure they leave no one behind".

Forgive me for being brute, but I'm not very happy about this nonsense at the moment.

Timeline
21 minutes ago, K1Sam said:

Thanks for the reply but perhaps I wasn't clear enough.

I'm asking if any June filer here on visa journey, those that maybe follow this thread, that are still waiting for NOA2.

Sorry, the days of me being positive are over, I'm well aware of how many pending cases there are from June, and even January of 2022. Last year I thought those cases that took forever to adjudicate had some problems, perhaps missing supporting documents, or petitioners with legal issues or multiple filers, etc. You get the idea. It's clear to me now, and not just from my petition, that the USCIS has a very random and mysterious process in place and none of that matters. Unless you think it's OK for a January 2022 filer with no issues and all the supporting documents to still be waiting because "sure they leave no one behind".

Forgive me for being brute, but I'm not very happy about this nonsense at the moment.

Hi, Sam. I know it’s not easy to see July filers getting approved first. When I was approved, they were already approving cases from April, I am a February filer.

@Ok-Mix has been a great motivator here and it’s important we try to be positive or else we can dwell into some huge frustration. There will be more waiting to do, unfortunately.

I guess what she meant was that cases do get touched, they aren’t exactly forgotten, just get touched after the first wave of activity has past. It is not easy, I’ve been there. It also may frustrate you when people try to cheer you up when you are hopeless or maybe when they aren’t experiencing the same thing as you. I’ve been there too.

On another note, if USCIS had not sped up this year, you’d be looking at a 18 month wait or even more. The fact some June cases were approved just a bit over 12 months is a good thing and a good perspective to have. I know none of this may matter when all you want is a NOA2, but stay strong and stay positive and know you are doing this for a reason: to be together with your fiancé. It is an unfair and frustrating process and there should be more transparency and information and agility from USCIS, unfortunately we are at their mercy. And it’s all a gamble indeed.

Stay strong, I hope you have good news soon. 

NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

2 hours ago, Bh_sarah said:

Hi, Sam. I know it’s not easy to see July filers getting approved first. When I was approved, they were already approving cases from April, I am a February filer.

@Ok-Mix has been a great motivator here and it’s important we try to be positive or else we can dwell into some huge frustration. There will be more waiting to do, unfortunately.

I guess what she meant was that cases do get touched, they aren’t exactly forgotten, just get touched after the first wave of activity has past. It is not easy, I’ve been there. It also may frustrate you when people try to cheer you up when you are hopeless or maybe when they aren’t experiencing the same thing as you. I’ve been there too.

On another note, if USCIS had not sped up this year, you’d be looking at a 18 month wait or even more. The fact some June cases were approved just a bit over 12 months is a good thing and a good perspective to have. I know none of this may matter when all you want is a NOA2, but stay strong and stay positive and know you are doing this for a reason: to be together with your fiancé. It is an unfair and frustrating process and there should be more transparency and information and agility from USCIS, unfortunately we are at their mercy. And it’s all a gamble indeed.

Stay strong, I hope you have good news soon. 

I appreciate the motivation and I wasn't trying to say anything negative about the comment itself, if that's how it came across I apologize that was not my intention.

Please don't read the rest of this post unless you don't mind listening to me complain!!

As for USCIS and the way they process petitions, I meant what I said, I'm beyond being positive. I see no excuse for them to adjudicate July and August petitions when there are almost 800 from June and May alone pending, not to mention those poor petitioners from earlier months.

I know I said this before but I want to emphasize this point once again. In the early days I did think that USCIS had a good reason for delaying some petitions but I have come to realize they have none. Petitions are being left behind for no good reason.

In short here's what I was trying to say, if you are one of the unlucky ones you may end up waiting a few weeks or even months. Right now petitions that were filed 2 months after me are already getting approvals. I wish I knew a good way to make noise so I would get their attention but I don't. USCIS tells me I can't even send an inquiry until January 30, 2024, I mean seriously?

It's not really just about me, I don't want to sound selfish and I apologize for being angry but I am and wont' lie about it. I'm sure you will understand, it's tough being away from your loved one counting every second.

I apologize for my rant, I needed to let some of my anger out before it killed me.

Timeline

JUNE 2022 UPDATE AS OF JULY 27

89000: 1 RFER, 1 Other (Case Closed Benefit Received By Other Means) (1 new / 1 in progress)

89500: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)

90000: 2 Approvals (1 new / 1 in progress)

92000: 2 Approvals, 1 RFER  (0 new / 3 in progress)

92500: 2 RFERs (0 new / 2 in progress)

93500: 1 RFER, 1 Other (Case Was Reopened) (0 new / 2 in progress)

95000: 1 RFER (0 new / 1 in progress)

95500: 3 Approvals, 3 RFESs (6 new / 0 in progress)

96000: 1 Approval, 1 RFER, 1 Other (Termination Notice Sent) (2 new / 1 in progress)

97000: 3 Approvals, 1 RFES (4 new / 0 in progress)

97500: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)

98000: 1 Approval, 1 RFER (0 new / 2 in progress)

98500: 7 Approvals (7 new / 0 in progress)

36 Total Updates: 21 Approvals, 4 RFESs, 8 RFERs, 3 Others (Case Closed Benefit Received By Other Means, Case Was Reopened, Termination Notice Sent)

➡️Total for this month: 395 Untouched, 2453 Approvals, 550 RFESs, 114 RFERs, 310 Denials, 18 Expedites(Denied: 18), 127 Withdrawals, 68 Others

Timeline

Guys we finally got our RFE letter yesterday🥳 It took one week to arrive📆

As we were expecting, it's related to my bf criminal records👮🏻‍♂️

We already have Court documents but my bf will also get sheriff documents too (he went to police and they told him to go sheriff)

We expect to be able to reply to the RFE around middle August and hopefully get approved before September🙏🏻❤️

IMG_20230728_101324.jpg

Edited by Elays

58 minutes ago, Elays said:

Guys we finally got our RFE letter yesterday🥳 It took one week to arrive📆

As we were expecting, it's related to my bf criminal records👮🏻‍♂️

We already have Court documents but my bf will also get sheriff documents too (he went to police and they told him to go sheriff)

We expect to be able to reply to the RFE around middle August and hopefully get approved before September🙏🏻❤️

IMG_20230728_101324.jpg

I do remember you mentioning what you thought your RFE was about in one of your posts earlier. Getting the documents really takes until mid August?

Anyway I'm sure you'll get the approval a week or two at most after your fiance submits the documents. Best of luck to you and thanks for your daily updates, it helps those of us that are still waiting!

Timeline
3 hours ago, K1Sam said:

I do remember you mentioning what you thought your RFE was about in one of your posts earlier. Getting the documents really takes until mid August?

Anyway I'm sure you'll get the approval a week or two at most after your fiance submits the documents. Best of luck to you and thanks for your daily updates, it helps those of us that are still waiting!

Idk about other states or counties but in SAC my bf had to wait over a month to get court documents (we went ahead and requested them in May so we already have them) and sheriff will take around 10 days😅

Thats why we suppose we will be able to reply back by middle August🙏🏻 

I will keep doing the updates until June filers are over❤️

You will get news soon🥰

Edited by Elays

Timeline
9 hours ago, K1Sam said:

I appreciate the motivation and I wasn't trying to say anything negative about the comment itself, if that's how it came across I apologize that was not my intention.

(...)

I apologize for my rant, I needed to let some of my anger out before it killed me.

Don't worry, don't need to apoligize. Your anger and frustration is 100% justified. This process is overall unfair and it should be way more efficient than it is. Also more transparent – we are left in the dark for months without a chance to contact them and ask anything. They make it harder for you to inquiry since the 16.5 official processing times do not match the inquiry date (if you look at the explanation, they consider the time it took 93% of the petitions to be processed over the past 6 months, not 80% as the official processing does).

I also had my ups and downs that I didn't want people being positive, especially ones that didn't have to wait as long as me. Now I feel embarrassed for my anger and frustration knowing February cases that are still waiting untouched, 17 to 18 months months in. I just felt your answer was misplaced in reply to a member that is also waiting and always tried to lift people up. We all should focus on USCIS and its lack of accountability. One thing that proved to be efficient for some filers was to contact their local representatives, they overlook federal agencies and they can get answers quicker and faster. Also it brings the problem to another sphere of power in the country. Though not many representatives are willing to help.

I know it's still far from perfect, but the backlog has decreased significantly and keeps getting small. Unfortunately it also means they are moving through months faster and the ones not inside the first wave of activity will face longer waiting times. This obviously isn't fair. But it means most filers are experiencing way faster processing times than before. "Most" being the keyword and the unfair/unlucky part.

I hope you get good news soon!

NOA1:

5 hours ago, Bh_sarah said:

Don't worry, don't need to apoligize. Your anger and frustration is 100% justified. This process is overall unfair and it should be way more efficient than it is. Also more transparent – we are left in the dark for months without a chance to contact them and ask anything. They make it harder for you to inquiry since the 16.5 official processing times do not match the inquiry date (if you look at the explanation, they consider the time it took 93% of the petitions to be processed over the past 6 months, not 80% as the official processing does).

I also had my ups and downs that I didn't want people being positive, especially ones that didn't have to wait as long as me. Now I feel embarrassed for my anger and frustration knowing February cases that are still waiting untouched, 17 to 18 months months in. I just felt your answer was misplaced in reply to a member that is also waiting and always tried to lift people up. We all should focus on USCIS and its lack of accountability. One thing that proved to be efficient for some filers was to contact their local representatives, they overlook federal agencies and they can get answers quicker and faster. Also it brings the problem to another sphere of power in the country. Though not many representatives are willing to help.

I know it's still far from perfect, but the backlog has decreased significantly and keeps getting small. Unfortunately it also means they are moving through months faster and the ones not inside the first wave of activity will face longer waiting times. This obviously isn't fair. But it means most filers are experiencing way faster processing times than before. "Most" being the keyword and the unfair/unlucky part.

I hope you get good news soon!

Thank you, I did apologize because I realized my reply to @Ok-Mix might make them feel I took their response negatively, I assure you I didn't.

I'm not worried, I'm just angry. I honestly don't mind people being positive, I'm positive myself and I try to spread positivity but in no way, shape, or form am I going to defend an unfair process. I'm quite aware we'll eventually get our approval but it's already late and even if I get the approval today I'll still be angry with USCIS because there are others waiting.

I'm still interested to know if there are any June filers here that are still waiting for their NOA2 here on this thread. I assume I'm the only one since no one has answered yet. Anyway best of luck to all.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.