Kolarka

Medical Exam Form I - 693 expired on USCIS site!

7 posts in this topic

~~ Topic moved from Spousal visa forum to Adjustment of Status from work/student/tourist visas - spousal visa is not applicable as this is AOS case, please post future question in this forum section ~~

What matters in the Edition date as specified on USCIS.

16 hours ago, Kolarka said:

Expiration date in up right corner is 03/31/2022

That is the OMB expiration date, which is internal to the federal government and irrelevant to AOS applicants.  As mentioned above, what matters is the edition date, which can be found on the bottom left corner of the form.  As of today, the latest version of the I-693 is edition 09/13/21.

16 hours ago, Kolarka said:

Hi guys! Did anyone recently finish Medical Exam? I find out that on USCIS site Form I -693 ( Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record) expired! Expiration date in up right corner is 03/31/2022... They didn't update it , so i hope that won't make me a problem later? Thanks

Hi, I submitted I-693 form together with I-485 on June 3rd with the expiration date. USCIS mentions on the instruction that which edition date form can be used so even if the form is expired doesn’t matter. If some officer just randomly sends RFE for the expired form then in that case nobody can’t really do anything, we will have to just send the form again. The form available in USCIS website is the latest form that we can use. For your peace of mind, you can read the instructions and edition date that they mention for the specific form. Don’t worry, you will be fine. Also, Hepatitis B vaccine is now required through 59 years old so if your civil surgeon is unware about the change then you can inform the doctor. 

1 hour ago, Nep said:

Hi, I submitted I-693 form together with I-485 on June 3rd with the expiration date. USCIS mentions on the instruction that which edition date form can be used so even if the form is expired doesn’t matter. If some officer just randomly sends RFE for the expired form then in that case nobody can’t really do anything, we will have to just send the form again. The form available in USCIS website is the latest form that we can use. For your peace of mind, you can read the instructions and edition date that they mention for the specific form. Don’t worry, you will be fine. Also, Hepatitis B vaccine is now required through 59 years old so if your civil surgeon is unware about the change then you can inform the doctor. 

Thank you so much! Yes I heard about that vaccine for Hepatitis B and I called Doctor office where I make an appointment for Medical Exam, they told me that For all vaccines requiring a series, only a single dose is required for immigration purposes, except for the COVID-19 vaccine .So they will give me first one and complete the Form, and I can get the rest later...Hope that's true :) 

1 hour ago, Chancy said:

That is the OMB expiration date, which is internal to the federal government and irrelevant to AOS applicants.  As mentioned above, what matters is the edition date, which can be found on the bottom left corner of the form.  As of today, the latest version of the I-693 is edition 09/13/21.

Thank you!

9 hours ago, Kolarka said:

Thank you so much! Yes I heard about that vaccine for Hepatitis B and I called Doctor office where I make an appointment for Medical Exam, they told me that For all vaccines requiring a series, only a single dose is required for immigration purposes, except for the COVID-19 vaccine .So they will give me first one and complete the Form, and I can get the rest later...Hope that's true :) 

Thank you!

No problem 🙂 Yes, thats true, dont worry at all 🙂 I had one dose for varicella vaccine and got the sealed form. For covid you will need all doses. For other incomplete vaccine, doctor will mark on “insufficient time interval” box. Actually, my doctor marked complete for varicella, I had to tell her to please mark in the “insufficient time interval” box, lol 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.