BasitFionaAli

Sideways documents submitted in NVC

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi guys ive had a very rough journey so far in immigrating my spouse to the US lol so I found out my brother in law uploaded my Nikkanamas (part of my marriage certificate) sideways to the NVC. It's my fault for sending him the PDF file that way but had no choice while scanning documents to him because  my nikkanamas were too big (too long) he claims it's not a big deal but when I google it websites say it is a big deal. So has anyone had documents rejected before for being sideways?? Also I was so disappointed to find out I wasn't document qualified on the first try with NVC. It took 2 months and a week for them to look at my documents and they couldn't read one of my tax returns (which is really weird and odd) so I resubmitted it and found out they also wanted my nikkanamas as well as my registered marriage certificate (also odd in my opinion lol) but my brother in law already submitted all that for me before I found out about it being sideways a possible problem. So I'm wondering also how long does it take NVC to review additional documents they ask for when they already opened your case? 

Edited by BasitFionaAli

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, BasitFionaAli said:

So has anyone had documents rejected before for being sideways??

It has been reported, yes.   If NVC sends you a checklist for additional documents, it normally resets the clock......another 12 weeks is common. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

NVC rejected one of my documents that was sideways, it was a picture. It took them 1 month to review that document again

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahrain
Timeline
2 hours ago, Daphne K said:

NVC rejected one of my documents that was sideways, it was a picture. It took them 1 month to review that document again

I 2 had documents that were sideways when I submitted the first time. When they reviewed my document they have been accepted but another document was rejected for another reason and I received an RFE. My question is if the document has already been accepted in the first review would they reject it again after They review my RFE?? 

Timeline

Omg so I feel really dumb lol my brother in law must've flipped my nikkanamas upright because I uploaded new ones upright and went to look at the ones he said were sideways... They were upright!!! So now I have duplicate documents. Is this a problem or is it fine?? I was thinking it was fine as long as long as they have what they asked for... But is there any way to delete duplicates?? I'm not very tech savvy lol 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Timeline
On 6/7/2022 at 11:07 AM, BasitFionaAli said:

Omg so I feel really dumb lol my brother in law must've flipped my nikkanamas upright because I uploaded new ones upright and went to look at the ones he said were sideways... They were upright!!! So now I have duplicate documents. Is this a problem or is it fine?? I was thinking it was fine as long as long as they have what they asked for... But is there any way to delete duplicates?? I'm not very tech savvy lol 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Documents once submitted cannot be deleted. Submitting duplicates should not cause an issue IMO, but with NVC, you can never be too sure. 

Timeline
On 6/6/2022 at 5:40 PM, Daphne K said:

They want all documents scanned so maybe it was rejected cause it was a picture? One month waiting time isn't bad compared to how long I have already been waiting LOL

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Just wanted to inform everyone NVC don't care if you submit duplicate documents! I had my nikkahnamas accepted, even though 2 of em were sideways and 2 of em upright 

8 minutes ago, BasitFionaAli said:

Great news guys! I'm documentarily qualified!!!

Congrats! What a long journey. When was the submisison date for your main docs?

Timeline
9 hours ago, chaoticenergy said:

Congrats! What a long journey. When was the submisison date for your main docs?

I first submitted on March 24th, had missing documents so resubmitted on June 6th than August 12th they said there was a problem with my tax return. They document qualified me today after I resubmitted the tax return August 13th. They probably did it so quickly cause I had Congress call them and they sent my case to document review.

6 hours ago, BasitFionaAli said:

I first submitted on March 24th, had missing documents so resubmitted on June 6th than August 12th they said there was a problem with my tax return. They document qualified me today after I resubmitted the tax return August 13th. They probably did it so quickly cause I had Congress call them and they sent my case to document review.

How did you get your congressman to help you? We were in touch with a congressperson, but they asked what number they call and I couldn't provide an answer.

Timeline
12 hours ago, chaoticenergy said:

How did you get your congressman to help you? We were in touch with a congressperson, but they asked what number they call and I couldn't provide an answer.

I wrote a letter to them about my situation and they called me shortly after.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.