igglelewi

Probably generic/simple i-130 question

19 posts in this topic

My wife (US citizen) and me (UK citizen) are filling out the i-130 currently. We are both currently present in the United States. 

My question is with regard to 59.a. I feel it worded strangely and only applies to a spouse who is overseas? Being that it says 'last address you lived together'. We currently live together. 

Do we just leave this whole section blank? It has a date from and date to, but I cannot obviously fill out date to as the answer is 'present' and it wants a m/d/y format. 

Thanks in advance! Ian

0IDNIpyDHCjsEVE7J0BZjYF_iwCrG-UwIZ9MjYGDny2R376HE5poIE2MkTOurLESVbZeVGpFWkmxVMjF4kOV20AaYnDM8S9YSW4FmGN010YWhKpr9ECHX2DlPjLT_mRnkDaOhhdmnPNAp9MMSg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
15 hours ago, igglelewi said:

My wife (US citizen) and me (UK citizen) are filling out the i-130 currently. We are both currently present in the United States. 

My question is with regard to 59.a. I feel it worded strangely and only applies to a spouse who is overseas? Being that it says 'last address you lived together'. We currently live together. 

Do we just leave this whole section blank? It has a date from and date to, but I cannot obviously fill out date to as the answer is 'present' and it wants a m/d/y format. 

Thanks in advance! Ian

0IDNIpyDHCjsEVE7J0BZjYF_iwCrG-UwIZ9MjYGDny2R376HE5poIE2MkTOurLESVbZeVGpFWkmxVMjF4kOV20AaYnDM8S9YSW4FmGN010YWhKpr9ECHX2DlPjLT_mRnkDaOhhdmnPNAp9MMSg

If you live together here then you are adjusting status correct? You will put the address you live together now since you live in US now and will be adjusting status be sure to correctly fill out that section that you are adjusting not consulate interview.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

10 hours ago, Denis74 said:

I'm following this question as we are  in the same situation with my wife except that we're living together overseas.

husband and I lived together overseas when we filed.We wrote that address. They also sent our NOA 1 to that address. 

We received our NOA2 with no issue. 

Edited by ROK2USA

1 hour ago, dwheels76 said:

If you live together here then you are adjusting status correct? You will put the address you live together now since you live in US now and will be adjusting status be sure to correctly fill out that section that you are adjusting not consulate interview.

Yes, however this is not the AOS form, this is the i-130. I just filled out the address and date from on the computer and then hand wrote 'present' in the date to section. Does this seem correct?

I'm not sure which form or section you are referring to with your comment about adjusting or consulate interview? Could you explain

Timeline
49 minutes ago, igglelewi said:

Yes, however this is not the AOS form, this is the i-130. I just filled out the address and date from on the computer and then hand wrote 'present' in the date to section. Does this seem correct?

I'm not sure which form or section you are referring to with your comment about adjusting or consulate interview? Could you explain

so u aren't filing online u sending in the form? The question for Adjustment of Status is 61a and 61b. For consulate interview is 62a, 62b, 62c.

Note: so much easier to file online you get receipt # immediately can print and send that with your AOS package.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

30 minutes ago, dwheels76 said:

so u aren't filing online u sending in the form? The question for Adjustment of Status is 61a and 61b. For consulate interview is 62a, 62b, 62c.

Note: so much easier to file online you get receipt # immediately can print and send that with your AOS package.

Interesting! We've finished preparing the i-130 packet now, but you would still recommend doing it online? Is providing photos/evidence etc not a lot harder online?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, igglelewi said:

Interesting! We've finished preparing the i-130 packet now, but you would still recommend doing it online? Is providing photos/evidence etc not a lot harder online?

if u already have u already have it doesn't really matter. But yes online well at least to be is seamless and everything is there. But keep ur packet together.

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline
19 hours ago, igglelewi said:

Thanks in advance! Ian

Jus put your US address where you live together now and where it says “DATE TO” put present.

USCIS 
01/08/2022 - Married in Bulgaria

02/12/2022 - Submitted I-130 online 

02/12/2022 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center) ➡️ Transferred (Potomac Service Center)

05/23/2022 - Sent K3 Packet

05/26/2022 - K3 Receipt Notice (Potomac Service Center)

06/21/2022 - Status Update (Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS)

02/22/2023 - Approved 🎉 (notice came from NBC Service Center) 

Total: 375 days

NVC

03/01/2023 Welcome Email

03/01/2023 Paid Fees

03/03/2023 Submitted NVC paperwork

03/18/2023 Documentarily Qualified 🎉

04/04/2023 Received Interview Letter

Total: 34 days

Embassy - Sofia, Bulgaria

04/27/2023 - Medical

05/09/2023 - Interview (Approved)

USA

05/12/2023 - Arrived in the US

06/30/2023 - Received Green Card in the mail

Thanks for all replies. Time is a slight concern for me as my J1 is up in a couple of weeks, so I think I'm going to keep my assembled packet together and fill out the i-130/i-130a online. Seems like the quickest way to get things done. Is it a fact that you cannot send the i-485 packet until you've sent the i-130 packet? 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, igglelewi said:

Thanks for all replies. Time is a slight concern for me as my J1 is up in a couple of weeks, so I think I'm going to keep my assembled packet together and fill out the i-130/i-130a online. Seems like the quickest way to get things done. Is it a fact that you cannot send the i-485 packet until you've sent the i-130 packet? 

No that's not a fact you send it all together and in  one packet. Just remember the right fees for the two packets.
You do have the UI-765 and I-131 also correct.
And as for the J1 expiring you are adjusting status married to a US Citizen so if there is any overstay it is forgiven. But still file as soon as you can.

Here's the link to look up where to seen your packet.
https://www.uscis.gov/forms/all-forms/direct-filing-addresses-for-form-i-485-application-to-register-permanent-residence-or-adjust-status

ROC I-751

N-400

7 minutes ago, dwheels76 said:

No that's not a fact you send it all together and in  one packet. Just remember the right fees for the two packets.
And as for the J1 expiring you are adjusting status married to a US Citizen so if there is any overstay it is forgiven. But still file as soon as you can.

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/all-forms/direct-filing-addresses-for-form-i-485-application-to-register-permanent-residence-or-adjust-status

Thanks Wheels, you're being an enormous help. So being that I already have the pack assembled and ready to go, would you say I may as well just send the paper copy then? Would you do two entirely separate packets (Basically envelopes) inside a larger one? 

1 hour ago, dwheels76 said:

Also, I keep seeing the phrase 'if there is a visa number already available when you are filing you can file your i-130 and i-485 concurrently'. What does this mean? Do I have a visa number? Would that be from my J1?

Edited by igglelewi

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
4 hours ago, igglelewi said:

Personally, I still like the idea of filing by mail. However, you are not living together, if you are only a visitor in the USA now, so the answer to last address where you lived together would be "Not Applicable" unless there is a previous address where you we doing more than "visiting".

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

57 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Personally, I still like the idea of filing by mail. However, you are not living together, if you are only a visitor in the USA now, so the answer to last address where you lived together would be "Not Applicable" unless there is a previous address where you we doing more than "visiting".

We are living together currently. I have been in the country for 5 years on a J1 Visa and we are on the same lease. Does this change anything? Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.