13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

We have the interview this week, we were given like 2 weeks notice. Filed 485 within 1 year of medical, Am i sposed to still go get the 693 or whatever it was? 
What is a must to take? 
What do they ask? 

You entered as a K-1 and did medical overseas , so you don’t need I-693 ( new medical). They will review/ verify questions you answered on the I-485 form ( name , assess ..work…etc) and a few specific to your relationship/ marriage ( meeting, marriage) and maybe some light banter. You will probably be done in 15 minutes. COVID-19 protocols should be on the interview letter.

Take Original Docs ( marriage Cert/ birth Cert/ passport w visa/ ) and copy of your work permit/ social security card / DMV license for both of you along w a few Joint Life Evidence ( bank/ lease / credit) and most recent taxes w W-2 and current paystubs for USC spouse/ petitioner. They may or may not look at your excellent evidence BUT you will be prepared just in case your officer is thorough.

Congrats !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Family said:

You entered as a K-1 and did medical overseas , so you don’t need I-693 ( new medical). They will review/ verify questions you answered on the I-485 form ( name , assess ..work…etc) and a few specific to your relationship/ marriage ( meeting, marriage) and maybe some light banter. You will probably be done in 15 minutes. COVID-19 protocols should be on the interview letter.

Take Original Docs ( marriage Cert/ birth Cert/ passport w visa/ ) and copy of your work permit/ social security card / DMV license for both of you along w a few Joint Life Evidence ( bank/ lease / credit) and most recent taxes w W-2 and current paystubs for USC spouse/ petitioner. They may or may not look at your excellent evidence BUT you will be prepared just in case your officer is thorough.

Congrats !

I would like to had that the vaccine portion of the DS-3035 has to be marked "complete". If it is, and it's within a year of your filing, then you don't need the I-693.

6 minutes ago, Joyoussinger said:

I would like to had that the vaccine portion of the DS-3035 has to be marked "complete". If it is, and it's within a year of your filing, then you don't need the I-693.

Agreed. As @Joyoussinger points out, here’s the link. 
https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-b-chapter-3

Timeline
1 hour ago, Joyoussinger said:

is that the vaccination stuff that they sent off to the embassy originally from my medical? Is there paperwork in relation that, that i should be taking with me? Should i also take my vax card to show i had covid vax and booster?

18 minutes ago, Jaccerz said:

that the vaccination stuff that they sent off to the embassy originally from my medical? Is there paperwork in relation that, that i should be taking with me? Should i also take my vax card to show i had covid vax and booster?

Take the Coid vax and booster proof and don’t worry about the prior medical til the interview . If they have an issue, they will let you know and you can take care of it in a matter of days. 

You can look at the date of the Medical from embassy and check that it was within one year and that at bottom of DS-3025 is marked “ complete “ but I recommend you wait for interview and if you carry it w you, don’t bring it up unless Officer does. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Family said:

Take the Coid vax and booster proof and don’t worry about the prior medical til the interview . If they have an issue, they will let you know and you can take care of it in a matter of days. 

You can look at the date of the Medical from embassy and check that it was within one year and that at bottom of DS-3025 is marked “ complete “ but I recommend you wait for interview and if you carry it w you, don’t bring it up unless Officer does. 

It's good advice to wait, especially if it's marked "complete".  If the Covid vax and booster proof is enough, you will have saved some money.

And, just for clarity, I accidentally typed the form number incorrectly. It's DS-3025. Sorry!

Edited by Joyoussinger

Timeline
4 hours ago, Family said:

sorry, what is DS-3025? I have no letters or mentions of that... until well. now?
oh, thats the vax work sheet that got sent to the embassy with my medical exam at the very beginning, that was all within 1 year of me submitting my 485

Edited by Jaccerz

3 hours ago, Jaccerz said:

sorry, what is DS-3025? I have no letters or mentions of that... until well. now?
oh, thats the vax work sheet that got sent to the embassy with my medical exam at the very beginning, that was all within 1 year of me submitting my 485

It's the vaccination pages (2) from your overseas medical exam that you were given a personal copy of too and recommended to provide a photocopy of with your I485 when you filed. 

If you did not do that (provide a photocopy) you should contact your panel physician overseas and ask them to email you a copy. They are required to give you a personal copy for exactly this (to submit a photocopy of it with your I485 and to handcarry your copy of it plus a photocopy of it to your interview).

Contact them and get one as it seems like you do not understand they should have given you a copy. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

It's the vaccination pages (2) from your overseas medical exam that you were given a personal copy of too and recommended to provide a photocopy of with your I485 when you filed. 

If you did not do that (provide a photocopy) you should contact your panel physician overseas and ask them to email you a copy. They are required to give you a personal copy for exactly this (to submit a photocopy of it with your I485 and to handcarry your copy of it plus a photocopy of it to your interview).

Contact them and get one as it seems like you do not understand they should have given you a copy. 

LOL i got a copy of it, sent that in with the initial 485. the reason i laugh, is because I did ask the doctor back home for a new copy that was straight, but they can no longer supply that. that was within 2 weeks of them getting me my personal copy, its crooked as on the paper. im ashamed to hand it in tbh

1 hour ago, Jaccerz said:

LOL i got a copy of it, sent that in with the initial 485. the reason i laugh, is because I did ask the doctor back home for a new copy that was straight, but they can no longer supply that. that was within 2 weeks of them getting me my personal copy, its crooked as on the paper. im ashamed to hand it in tb

??

5 hours ago, Jaccerz said:

10 hours ago, Jaccerz said:

is that the vaccination stuff that they sent off to the embassy originally from my medical? Is there paperwork in relation that, that i should be taking with me? Should i also take my vax card to show i had covid vax and booster?

Could have fooled me (that you understood what a DS3025 is). 

So you didn't hand in a photocopy of your DS3025 with your I485 because it's simply crooked?

And you aren't going to carry your personal copy and another photocopy of it to your interview for the same reason?

Sounds like an expensive reason to have to get a new medical completed for nothing.

I'm not understanding what you are saying or what you actually did as you aren't communicating clearly.

Just follow the above (have one crooked or not OR GET ONE NOW, photocopy it and bring it) and you'll be fine.

And :time:!!!!

Unfollowing.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If for any reason there is an issue with the I-693 then of course you will need to update.  That can cause a problem because the CS needs evidence to validate health status.  Things like outdated x-ray may be an issue.  If no problem with 693 they just make sure you have all required evidence to support relationship and the rest is a piece of cake.  Or at least it was for us.

Timeline
14 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

??

Could have fooled me (that you understood what a DS3025 is). 

So you didn't hand in a photocopy of your DS3025 with your I485 because it's simply crooked?

And you aren't going to carry your personal copy and another photocopy of it to your interview for the same reason?

Sounds like an expensive reason to have to get a new medical completed for nothing.

I'm not understanding what you are saying or what you actually did as you aren't communicating clearly.

Just follow the above (have one crooked or not OR GET ONE NOW, photocopy it and bring it) and you'll be fine.

And :time:!!!!

Unfollowing.

I wasnt aware of what the vax paperwork was called by name.
I did indeed hand in a copy of it when needed. As i said, I am ashamed of the copy I have to hand in, due to my doctor back home, not knowing how to use a photocopier.

6 hours ago, PWB said:

If for any reason there is an issue with the I-693 then of course you will need to update.  That can cause a problem because the CS needs evidence to validate health status.  Things like outdated x-ray may be an issue.  If no problem with 693 they just make sure you have all required evidence to support relationship and the rest is a piece of cake.  Or at least it was for us.

Yeah, my xray is fine. All my medical was done within a year of me filling my 485. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.