K_&_A

Embassy in Egypt interview times

209 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
8 hours ago, Mahmoud Kassab said:

hello,
we are doing K1 too, approved Mar 17, NVC received June 5, waiting case number

Great!  Let’s keep in touch then.  Hopefully you get your case number soon.  We just got word our case got sent to embassy in Cairo a few days ago.  

Timeline
12 hours ago, Silky said:

Great!  Let’s keep in touch then.  Hopefully you get your case number soon.  We just got word our case got sent to embassy in Cairo a few days ago.  

that's good to hear

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband joined a group of people who were having their interview and almost all got the yellow missing document paper. The missing document is usually 2022 tax transcripts. Just a warning to anyone who sees this. I am going to need to submit a tax extension form and hope for the best since i haven’t filed yet.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Veronica Zaytseva said:

My husband joined a group of people who were having their interview and almost all got the yellow missing document paper. The missing document is usually 2022 tax transcripts. Just a warning to anyone who sees this. I am going to need to submit a tax extension form and hope for the best since i haven’t filed yet.

Thank you for sharing.

I'm planning on uploading 2022 tax and any new documents that was expired due to the wait for interview AFTER I receive an interview letter. This should help with avoiding the embassy asking for it.

I heard they like to have everything uploaded 

Good luck to all of us 

Timeline

Just Received interview letter for CR1 in Cairo.

DQ: Feb 9th

Letter received: June 14th

Appointment: end of August 

Good luck to everyone 

Timeline
On 2/15/2023 at 3:39 PM, Mahmir said:

You have to have that receipt to send with everything else they ask for in packet 3, when status changes to ready email cairoiv@state.gov and give them your CRO case Number and ask for further instructions, they will respond with  packet 3 instructions 

21 minutes ago, Silky said:

My status on ceac has changed to “ready” any idea how long it takes the embassy to contact you with packet #3 once they have received case?

hello,
previous people went through Egypt embassy, they said the embassy will not contact you, you need to send them an email to get packet 3 instructions from them
as @Mahmir said you need to send an email to cairoiv@state.gov asking for further instructions.
my papers are on route to the embassy still not ready yet, I sent them an email yesterday but still no response,
let me know if they respond to you

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Mahmoud Kassab said:

hello,
previous people went through Egypt embassy, they said the embassy will not contact you, you need to send them an email to get packet 3 instructions from them
as @Mahmir said you need to send an email to cairoiv@state.gov asking for further instructions.
my papers are on route to the embassy still not ready yet, I sent them an email yesterday but still no response,

Can’t thank you enough.  I just sent email.  Will keep you updated. 

Timeline
On 6/21/2023 at 4:26 PM, Mahmoud Kassab said:

hello,

Just got a reply today with instructions to move forward!  I do have a question about the CIB payment.  How do we go about this?

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Silky said:

Just got a reply today with instructions to move forward!  I do have a question about the CIB payment.  How do we go about this?

good to hear that, my status changed to ready today, I am hoping for a reply tomorrow

for the CIB payment is the visa fee currently $265 and is paid in Egyptian pounds EGP 8745 according to current exchange rates 
you need to generate a DEPOSIT SLIP through creating account on https://www.ustraveldocs.com/eg/ and selecting new application and follow the instructions to access the payment slip
please note that you will need to do the DS160 before generating the slip as they will ask you to add the application ID
you can read more information on their website about paying the fees https://www.ustraveldocs.com/eg/eg-niv-paymentinfo.asp

I am confused about this part because after paying and entering the Receipt Number we should be able to select interview appointment date, but according to previous people on this forum the embassy should give you interview date and time on packet 4 email together with medical instructions, I can't see beyond this page so I don't know if we are able to schedule our interview date or not, please let me know

image.png.1e629a5ae09c4bd87bbcb7de2c915cc7.png

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Mahmoud Kassab said:

good to hear that, my status changed to ready today, I am hoping for a reply tomorrow

for the CIB payment is the visa fee currently $265 and is paid in Egyptian pounds EGP 8745 according to current exchange rates 
you need to generate a DEPOSIT SLIP through creating account on https://www.ustraveldocs.com/eg/ and selecting new application and follow the instructions to access the payment slip
please note that you will need to do the DS160 before generating the slip as they will ask you to add the application ID
you can read more information on their website about paying the fees https://www.ustraveldocs.com/eg/eg-niv-paymentinfo.asp

I am confused about this part because after paying and entering the Receipt Number we should be able to select interview appointment date, but according to previous people on this forum the embassy should give you interview date and time on packet 4 email together with medical instructions, I can't see beyond this page so I don't know if we are able to schedule our interview date or not, please let me know

image.png.1e629a5ae09c4bd87bbcb7de2c915cc7.png

The medical instructions came with the email I received from embassy today.  Guessing this is packet 3.  Doesn’t have a title or anything, just an email with list of everything to do to move forward.

congrats on “ready” status

Timeline
9 hours ago, Silky said:

I do have a question about the CIB payment.  How do we go about this?

Congratulations! Some people seem to email the embassy for instructions to submit with Packet 3 materials. The instructions for the CIB payment are actually in the Packet 4 email (when your interview date is sent to you), which is misleading given the request in Packet 3. We waited until Packet 4.

Timeline
1 hour ago, M&HH said:

Congratulations! Some people seem to email the embassy for instructions to submit with Packet 3 materials. The instructions for the CIB payment are actually in the Packet 4 email (when your interview date is sent to you), which is misleading given the request in Packet 3. We waited until Packet 4.

thank you for your reply.
I have a question about the medical appointment, does the embassy book it and send it with packet 4 email?
or we book the appointment ourselves by calling the hospital after we get the interview date?

Timeline
6 hours ago, Mahmoud Kassab said:

thank you for your reply.
I have a question about the medical appointment, does the embassy book it and send it with packet 4 email?
or we book the appointment ourselves by calling the hospital after we get the interview date?

You will call the hospital to book your medical, but they will ask for your packet 4 email for proof, at least that’s what they did with us and He used the Anglo hospital.. JUST BE SURE AND ASK FOR THE COPY OF DS-3025.. you will need it for AOS in the US.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.