K_&_A

Embassy in Egypt interview times

209 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
15 minutes ago, MeG@Am said:

That is super fast!  That's great!

Yeah I couldn’t believe it was this fast… when he was calling me I thought it was bad because they have been taking anywhere from3-6 hours at the embassy

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Mahmir said:

Yeah I couldn’t believe it was this fast… when he was calling me I thought it was bad because they have been taking anywhere from3-6 hours at the embassy

Yes true.  That's really good news, it was quick.  I can't imagine the anxiety of waiting. lol 

And of course to you also, wondering what's going on in Egypt.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, MeG@Am said:

Yes true.  That's really good news, it was quick.  I can't imagine the anxiety of waiting. lol 

And of course to you also, wondering what's going on in Egypt.

It’s horrible the not knowing…. They can’t have phones so you know nothing until they are finished…. 

Timeline
On 10/11/2022 at 2:31 AM, Mahmir said:

OMG!! I am so excited! 💙  730 am arrived at gate and already back to the car by 9 am!! 
 CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND YOUR FIANCÉ 🎉🎉🎉

VISA ISSUED!!!!!💙🤗🎉

Timeline
1 hour ago, A AM said:

Same!! 💕 all the best for you as well!

Do you know if they will need a different paper from the military to fly out of the country?? Other than the military clearance they had for the interview?? 

1 hour ago, Mahmir said:

Do you know if they will need a different paper from the military to fly out of the country?? Other than the military clearance they had for the interview?? 

if his Passport saying that.  military Sevices: "Not required" then he dont need to any paper, if saying "required" then he gonna need Travel permit or exemption certificate from the military.

Timeline
1 hour ago, A AM said:

if his Passport saying that.  military Sevices: "Not required" then he dont need to any paper, if saying "required" then he gonna need Travel permit or exemption certificate from the military.

Okay thank you!! 
His visa is now in transit to the pickup location! 💙🥳. Best wishes to you and your fiancé! 

• 3 months later...
On 8/30/2022 at 4:47 PM, M&HH said:

Congrats @Mahmir and @A AM! Be sure to email the US Embassy in Cairo (cairoiv@state.gov) once your status is "Ready" in CEAC for Packet 3 instructions. I was under the impression they would reach out to us when they were ready to move forward.... but that is not the case haha

Please could you tell me what are the Packet 3 and Packet 4 ? 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Beshoy Farid said:

Please could you tell me what are the Packet 3 and Packet 4 ? 

Packet 3 is the first email you get from the embassy with instructions on how to pay your visa fees, and what is needed to be sent to the embassy by courier service..

packet 4 will tell you to get the medical done and your interview date and time, with instructions on what to bring to the interview 

7 hours ago, Mahmir said:

Packet 3 is the first email you get from the embassy with instructions on how to pay your visa fees, and what is needed to be sent to the embassy by courier service..

packet 4 will tell you to get the medical done and your interview date and time, with instructions on what to bring to the interview 

Thank you , if you don't mind could you tell me these instructions in details as my NOA2 is 8 Nov , Are these instructions differ from one to another or are the same for every one ?

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Beshoy Farid said:

Thank you , if you don't mind could you tell me these instructions in details as my NOA2 is 8 Nov , Are these instructions differ from one to another or are the same for every one ?

Here's the Packet 3 instructions I received:

Please prepare the following documents for each person applying for a visa and send them to our office via courier service:

1.       Photocopy of passport (the original to be submitted on the appointment date)

2.       Photocopy of bilingual birth certificate

3.       A copy of your bilingual divorce certificate (If previously married and divorced)

4.       Police certificate from your country of nationality if you are 16 years old or older

5.       Police certificate if you lived in a different country for more than 12 months and you were 16 years or older at that time.

6.       Copy of CIB Receipt.

7.       An Affidavit of Support (Form I-134) signed by the Petitioner.

8.       Petitioner’s most recent year of federal income taxes (form 1040 only).  Please also bring the most recent W2 form and a job letter indicating current salary and length of employment

9.       Medical exam for applicant as attached, medical examination report should be submitted on the day of the visa interview. Applicants are advised to schedule their medical examination 3weeks prior to the date of their visa interview.

10.  Applications: DS-160 application online application form: https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/, please print the confirmation page and send it along with the documents.

11.  Photograph: Please ensure your passport photo conforms to the following requirements. We will be unable to process your case without a

photo that meets these standards:

• Hairline showing
  • Taken within the last 6 months
  • Colored photo (no black & white)
  • White/light background
  • Full face towards the camera
  • No colored eye contacts
  • 5 cm x 5 cm
  • No eyeglasses

Birth/ Death /Marriage or Divorce certificates

Hey there,

regarding the packet 3/interview step...

Does anyone know if it will be a problem if the home address on my fiance's passport does not match his current address/the address that is on his national ID? The address on the police certificate does match the national ID but the passport has his old address. Does he need to/should he go make a new passport?

Any insight would be appreciated!

Edited by Jo_Ha

Timeline
On 1/22/2023 at 7:47 AM, Jo_Ha said:

Hey there,

regarding the packet 3/interview step...

Does anyone know if it will be a problem if the home address on my fiance's passport does not match his current address/the address that is on his national ID? The address on the police certificate does match the national ID but the passport has his old address. Does he need to/should he go make a new passport?

Any insight would be appreciated!

As long as the current address is on the national ID and police report, my fiancé thinks that should be fine.  Maybe reach out to the embassy to verify? They are usually pretty responsive via email.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.