K_&_A

Embassy in Egypt interview times

209 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello all,

Does anyone happen to know or have heard about what the current interview times look like at the embassy in Egypt? We are (hopefully) nearing our NOA2 date (NOA1 May 2021) and would like to try to make a rough guesstimate of the remaining timeline. Any insight is appreciated!

1 hour ago, K_&_A said:

Hello all,

Does anyone happen to know or have heard about what the current interview times look like at the embassy in Egypt? We are (hopefully) nearing our NOA2 date (NOA1 May 2021) and would like to try to make a rough guesstimate of the remaining timeline. Any insight is appreciated!

For IR1/CR1 I believe they are at 11 months right now. 

You can see NOA2 to interview for K1 VJ out of Egypt members here

Unfortunately not a lot of active members from Egypt on VJ. 

But, Cairo issued 31 K1 visas March 2022. 

Might be some comments from K1 members in this thread.

Edited by ROK2USA

Timeline
20 hours ago, ROK2USA said:

For IR1/CR1 I believe they are at 11 months right now. 

You can see NOA2 to interview for K1 VJ out of Egypt members here

Unfortunately not a lot of active members from Egypt on VJ. 

But, Cairo issued 31 K1 visas March 2022. 

Might be some comments from K1 members in this thread.

I appreciate this insight. Thanks!

• 2 months later...
Timeline

I have been searching as well. Info is hard to find!!!! I’m actually following a lady in the April KI VISA filers page on Facebook. They are received at the consulate in  Cairo, but she said looking like maybe possibly November for an interview date….

I am NOA2 6/16 and hope to receive NVC number so we can move on to the next step of waiting! I have already taken when I visited my fiancé in June, I-134 form, my tax records, divorce decree, w-2, copy of passport and I will wait for the pay stubs..

Maybe we could follow each other in this waiting game.😩

Timeline
12 hours ago, Mahmir said:

I have been searching as well. Info is hard to find!!!! I’m actually following a lady in the April KI VISA filers page on Facebook. They are received at the consulate in  Cairo, but she said looking like maybe possibly November for an interview date….

I am NOA2 6/16 and hope to receive NVC number so we can move on to the next step of waiting! I have already taken when I visited my fiancé in June, I-134 form, my tax records, divorce decree, w-2, copy of passport and I will wait for the pay stubs..

Maybe we could follow each other in this waiting game.😩

oh no... November? :( i was hoping it would be a little faster than that as it shows that they've only handed out a handful of K1 visas in June and May. In any case, if all goes well, we might be with our loved ones by the end of the year. My NOA2 was a day after yours 6/17, so it looks like we are in this together. I am visiting my fiance next month so I'm definitely doing what you did and taking these things to him then :). I follow/talk to a few folks here and on FB to try to get any sort of info/timeline. It had been looking like interviews are usually scheduled about ~2 months from the time the consulate sends out the first email. We should definitely follow each other and share any new info with each other! This waiting game has been very difficult and having a rough idea of when it might come to an end can make us feel better :D

Timeline
2 hours ago, K_&_A said:

oh no... November? :( i was hoping it would be a little faster than that as it shows that they've only handed out a handful of K1 visas in June and May. In any case, if all goes well, we might be with our loved ones by the end of the year. My NOA2 was a day after yours 6/17, so it looks like we are in this together. I am visiting my fiance next month so I'm definitely doing what you did and taking these things to him then :). I follow/talk to a few folks here and on FB to try to get any sort of info/timeline. It had been looking like interviews are usually scheduled about ~2 months from the time the consulate sends out the first email. We should definitely follow each other and share any new info with each other! This waiting game has been very difficult and having a rough idea of when it might come to an end can make us feel better :D

Absolutely! I’m hoping he will be here by the end of the year…  where in Egypt is your Fiancé from? If you don’t mind me asking… 

maybe they can help each other out with all the paperwork  as well if they are close? Luxor/hurghada..

I THINK we will be in the 8/2 in transit group.. at least I am hoping to be.🤞🤞🤞 I hate the waiting game it really stinks. You are going in August? I’ll be going again in Early September. And then after this im hoping I am meeting him at JFK!!! 
I do hope this stage goes a heck of a lot faster than the NOA2… interview in a couple months would be AWESOME 🤩 but for now we wait.. 😝 

Timeline
On 7/24/2022 at 10:45 AM, Mahmir said:

Absolutely! I’m hoping he will be here by the end of the year…  where in Egypt is your Fiancé from? If you don’t mind me asking… 

maybe they can help each other out with all the paperwork  as well if they are close? Luxor/hurghada..

I THINK we will be in the 8/2 in transit group.. at least I am hoping to be.🤞🤞🤞 I hate the waiting game it really stinks. You are going in August? I’ll be going again in Early September. And then after this im hoping I am meeting him at JFK!!! 
I do hope this stage goes a heck of a lot faster than the NOA2… interview in a couple months would be AWESOME 🤩 but for now we wait.. 😝 

Sorry, just saw this! He is in Cairo/Giza so not close to Luxor or Hurghada unfortunately :(

I sure am hoping that 8/2 will be our day!! I check my email multiple times a day regardless *just in case* it comes a little earlier... wishful thinking! lol yep, i'm hoping august is the last time i'll have to visit him before i can bring him home :) sounds like that'll be september for you ❤️ 

I did some sleuthing yesterday and found a person on FB that the embassy in Egypt received the case for around the beginning of May-ish and in another post they wrote that they have an interview scheduled at the embassy for in August so it sounds like its about ~2.5-3 months wait time for interview after the embassy receives the case or after the NVC shows the case as "ready", which from my understanding means that is when the embassy received the case (please correct me if i am wrong). either way this seems to align with some of the other posts i've been seeing about ~2-3 months for an interview date after embassy receives it. but again, just kinda guessing here from the little information i can find :(

25 minutes ago, K_&_A said:

Sorry, just saw this! He is in Cairo/Giza so not close to Luxor or Hurghada unfortunately :(

I sure am hoping that 8/2 will be our day!! I check my email multiple times a day regardless *just in case* it comes a little earlier... wishful thinking! lol yep, i'm hoping august is the last time i'll have to visit him before i can bring him home :) sounds like that'll be september for you ❤️ 

I did some sleuthing yesterday and found a person on FB that the embassy in Egypt received the case for around the beginning of May-ish and in another post they wrote that they have an interview scheduled at the embassy for in August so it sounds like its about ~2.5-3 months wait time for interview after the embassy receives the case or after the NVC shows the case as "ready", which from my understanding means that is when the embassy received the case (please correct me if i am wrong). either way this seems to align with some of the other posts i've been seeing about ~2-3 months for an interview date after embassy receives it. but again, just kinda guessing here from the little information i can find :(

In the embassy of Cairo you get the interview appointment after you send them Packet 3 and they will email you back around 2 weeks after with appointment date and the appointment date is gonna be usually after 2.5 to 3 month from sending them the documents.

Timeline
2 hours ago, A AM said:

In the embassy of Cairo you get the interview appointment after you send them Packet 3 and they will email you back around 2 weeks after with appointment date and the appointment date is gonna be usually after 2.5 to 3 month from sending them the documents.

A AM  do you follow others that are farther along in this process than we are?   Will the embassy send packet 2 with all of the instructions for visa fees, ds-160. I-134, medical? This has been a bit confusing for me, I just don’t want him or I to miss anything that would delay him coming home here with me,.. I’m a planner AND a worrier. So this not knowing is KILLING me! 😩 but I will keep you guys posted if I have any changes. Please let me know if anything changes for you guys?!?!

so when your case gonna show READY in CEAC case status CAIRO embassy should send you this email however they send it or not you gotta send this stuff at the picture to the embassy via SLS or Aramex as long as your case shown READY!  its simple dw just prepare for this documents by the day you get the welcome letter from NVC.

absolutely gonna let you know if theres any changes! :)

164676322_3787893511279456_4415827480950083406_n.jpg

Edited by A AM

Timeline
26 minutes ago, A AM said:

so when your case gonna show READY in CEAC case status CAIRO embassy should send you this email however they send it or not you gotta send this stuff at the picture to the embassy via SLS or Aramex as long as your case shown READY!  its simple dw just prepare for this documents by the day you get the welcome letter from NVC.

absolutely gonna let you know if theres any changes! :)

164676322_3787893511279456_4415827480950083406_n.jpg

Thank you!! 

Timeline

Nope 👎 I am so disappointed.  I called USCIS to see if they could tell me if our case was sent to NVC yet, and of course she said she wasn’t sure but to give it 90 days. 🙄 so that was a wasted call… I think our cases are sitting at the NVC waiting on the Cairo embassy to request them to be sent… at least that’s what I’m telling myself… lol

guess it’s another 2 weeks of waiting… I am so ready for my fiancé to be here with me… 💜

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.