Sellamalola

International travel with pending i751

11 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I’m just looking for anyone that has traveled internationally with their expired GC and extension letter. I applied and was granted a Schengen visa to go Spain and France for my birthday soon and was just wondering what has been y’all experiences entering the schengen area with the roc extension letter and expired GC, this will be the first time I’d travel internationally since adjusting, any feedback will be greatly appreciated :) 

31 minutes ago, Sellamalola said:

Hey guys, I’m just looking for anyone that has traveled internationally with their expired GC and extension letter. I applied and was granted a Schengen visa to go Spain and France for my birthday soon and was just wondering what has been y’all experiences entering the schengen area with the roc extension letter and expired GC, this will be the first time I’d travel internationally since adjusting, any feedback will be greatly appreciated :) 

You will use your Passport and not your Green card or extension letter.

Those are to return to the US. Your green card is a proof of your residency in the US. Is not a international document for traveling. 

17 hours ago, PaulaCJohnny said:

You will use your Passport and not your Green card or extension letter.

Those are to return to the US. Your green card is a proof of your residency in the US. Is not a international document for traveling. 

Thank you for your response 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
On 5/8/2022 at 8:34 PM, PaulaCJohnny said:

While I agree an I-551 is useless for traveling to the Schengen Area, a valid I-551 is a visa exemptIon (upgraded from a mere waiver as of April, 2022) for traveling to Canada, and it is a valid visa waiver for travel Mexico and dozens of other countries (though LPRs with certain nationalities still require a visa).

So it is actually a powerful international document for traveling to dozens of countries, especially in the Western Hemisphere. The cruise industry would crater otherwise.  

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, ninininibae said:

Hello, I'm sorry my question is not actual relate to your topics.

I'm about to get my schengen visa this coming week, I have a expired GC and an 24 month extension letter. I was wondering did you get the Schengen visa via these materials too?

I went to the Spanish consulate, they have very detailed information on everything you need kinda like uscis. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 5/27/2022 at 7:08 PM, ninininibae said:

Hello, I'm sorry my question is not actual relate to your topics.

I'm about to get my schengen visa this coming week, I have a expired GC and an 24 month extension letter. I was wondering did you get the Schengen visa via these materials too?

how can you apply for a visa if you don't know what to submit? For the Spanish consulate in Houston, you have to bring all docs to their office.

4 hours ago, aznhouston said:

how can you apply for a visa if you don't know what to submit? For the Spanish consulate in Houston, you have to bring all docs to their office.

I’m in NYC and here you set up an appointment and then take all your paperwork, they do biometrics (pics and fingerprints), take your passport and send it for processing. The bad thing is that you won’t know if you’re approved until your passport gets delivered (you pay $25 extra fee for delivery, will recommend over going back and picking up), visa fee is usd$100 non refundable and the webpage i used to get all the information i needed is schengenvisainfo.com, from the instructions I made a list of all the evidence, then when I scheduled my appt. with the consulate, they send you a list of all the documents you need to bring, so i just updated my list and gathered all my documents in a uscis-esque fashion lol, I applied on a Friday afternoon and the next Tuesday my passport was delivered. Something to have in mind, you must apply for the visa at the consulate for the schengen state you plan on landing at, i applied through Spain because I’m going to Spain then France then back to Spain. Good luck 🍀👍🏽 if you need any other guidance, please lmk

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
5 hours ago, Sellamalola said:

I’m in NYC and here you set up an appointment and then take all your paperwork, they do biometrics (pics and fingerprints), take your passport and send it for processing. The bad thing is that you won’t know if you’re approved until your passport gets delivered (you pay $25 extra fee for delivery, will recommend over going back and picking up), visa fee is usd$100 non refundable and the webpage i used to get all the information i needed is schengenvisainfo.com, from the instructions I made a list of all the evidence, then when I scheduled my appt. with the consulate, they send you a list of all the documents you need to bring, so i just updated my list and gathered all my documents in a uscis-esque fashion lol, I applied on a Friday afternoon and the next Tuesday my passport was delivered. Something to have in mind, you must apply for the visa at the consulate for the schengen state you plan on landing at, i applied through Spain because I’m going to Spain then France then back to Spain. Good luck 🍀👍🏽 if you need any other guidance, please lmk

I know, I've been to Europe many many times, that's my question for the person I quoted. In Houston, you send them all the scanned docs via email, once they say it's ok, that's when you schedule the appointment. It took them one day to  issue my visa.

Edited by aznhouston

On 5/30/2022 at 2:52 AM, aznhouston said:

I know, I've been to Europe many many times, that's my question for the person I quoted. In Houston, you send them all the scanned docs via email, once they say it's ok, that's when you schedule the appointment. It took them one day to  issue my visa.

Yeah in NYC at least the spanish consulate has you schedule the appt and then bring the paperwork, they fingerprint you and send your passport for processing and mail it back. Mine i got it in 1 business day. I applied a Friday afternoon and it was sent back that next Tuesday. At this point since I qualify for citizenship, I won’t need visas anymore but will recommend anyone to do it through Spain, they are quite efficient 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.