Alix64

I-751 MAY 2022 Filers

359 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Felix2021 said:

Not due to remove conditions until the summer but the theory that May filers onwards could be the first group to benefit from the risk-based approach does make sense. When USCIS issued that guidance in April 2022, they said it would be effective immediately but perhaps they meant any new cases from that point forward. Uscis has to do something about these long wait times eventually, ,so perhaps it's starting to kick in now.

It sucks for the people who have been waiting for 1/2 years but I guess the first-in-last-out approach would significantly reduce overall processing times on paper, which is what the agency needs to do to 'prove'  that it's reducing the backlog. 

I wouldn't be surprised if every 'straight-forward' case from spring 2022 onwards gets approval within 6-7 months, which should be a fair timeframe for everyone. Again, that sucks for those who have been in the queue longer but maybe it's too difficult to retroactively apply the risk-based approach to those applications that have been in the system for a long while. 

The problem is that it's difficult to identify this pattern as this isn't a very busy forum and people forget to update their timelines. Also, the people who post the most are going to be the ones waiting the longest as they are frustrated and rightfully so. I do wonder how many of the tens of thousands of May 2022 filers have been approved by now and we just don't know about it. 

I agree, but if this is the case we should start seeing a flux of 2022 approvals and we have not seen much ......

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
On 1/2/2023 at 12:57 PM, Don0 said:

Hi! I don't think so. Some started as K1 or fiance visa, went to AOS hence they have their biometrics reused unlike us who came in via CR1. But I believe after AOS they switch to CR1? Not really sure. But what I know is most that hace their biometrics reused have had them taken in when they did AOS. 😊

Thank you!

Yes, of course. Thanks for the clarification. 

When did you send your I-751 file?

Edited by Alix64

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
21 hours ago, Felix2021 said:

Very true, but apart from Alix64's 6-month approval being a computer glitch/bizarre anomaly, which there is no evidence to suggest it is, there has to be something behind it. There was also a thread on page 3/4 on this forum where a  November filer had their case approved in 1 month and has proof. So they either trialling something or rolling out something, and I hope it's the latter. If more May filers on here get approval in the next month, we can assume it's the risk-based approach kicking in. Too early to tell. 

Here is the process time according to VisaJourney members:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/liftlist.php?op5=5,9,10,11,12

It seems very random :(

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

On 1/4/2023 at 10:39 AM, Alix64 said:

Yes, of course. Thanks for the clarification. 

When did you send your I-751 file?

I sent it on the 23rd of May 2022. I'm hoping to get a response soon! Fingers crossed! 💕

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, Don0 said:

I sent it on the 23rd of May 2022. I'm hoping to get a response soon! Fingers crossed! 💕

Same timeline in my case,yes,fingers and everything else crossed 🍀🤞👍

• 1 month later...

Hi guys! I just got a notice of extending my green card validity to 48 months! 🙃 I'm not really sure if I should do anything right now or just wait.. 

Any update with you guys who didnt get their 10 yr gc yet? 

30 minutes ago, Don0 said:

Hi guys! I just got a notice of extending my green card validity to 48 months! 🙃 I'm not really sure if I should do anything right now or just wait.. 

You're just waiting. And you can file N-400 whenever you become eligible.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Don0 said:

Nope,no update OR 48 months extension letter yet - but definitely going to do my N-400 in May 👍

1 hour ago, OldUser said:

You're just waiting. And you can file N-400 whenever you become eligible.

6 minutes ago, Caligirl1 said:

Nope,no update OR 48 months extension letter yet - but definitely going to do my N-400 in May 👍

Do you guys think it's faster to have a combined application? 

2 minutes ago, Don0 said:

Do you guys think it's faster to have a combined application? 

It's a lottery. Usually, the overall time to get naturalized is quicker with N-400. E.g. for example, your I-751 may get delayed by 3-4 months, but those months would be already going towards your N-400 which is pending. 

It may slow down the case also, but you never know until the fact.

Edited by OldUser

3 hours ago, OldUser said:

It's a lottery. Usually, the overall time to get naturalized is quicker with N-400. E.g. for example, your I-751 may get delayed by 3-4 months, but those months would be already going towards your N-400 which is pending. 

It may slow down the case also, but you never know until the fact.

Yeah, makes sense. Is it okay to travel though with N400 pending?

5 minutes ago, Don0 said:

Yeah, makes sense. Is it okay to travel though with N400 pending?

As long as you don't miss biometrics appointment and interview, don't break the continuous residence and trip doesn't break physical presence requirement for naturalization, you're good to travel. Ensure the passport and Green Card are valid.

Timeline
1 hour ago, OldUser said:

As long as you don't miss biometrics appointment and interview, don't break the continuous residence and trip doesn't break physical presence requirement for naturalization, you're good to travel. Ensure the passport and Green Card are valid.

Or you have the extension letter😉

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Just got an NOA today. Was hoping it was for an Interview or biometrics but nope. It was a 48 month extension letter. But on the bright side, I know for sure the case was transfered to the National Benifits Center. 

Heres to hoping it doesn't actully take 4 years. :clock:

Edited by Scott001

I-130                                                                 I-129F

Spoiler

Mailed: Mar. 9, 2019 (Phoenix LB)              Aug. 9,  2019

Delivered: Mar. 12, 2019                               Aug. 12, 2019

NOA1/PD: Mar. 15,  2019 (LIN)                   Aug. 15,  2019

NOA2: Sep. 24, 2019 - Approved                 Sep. 24, 2019 - Denied 

I-130 sent to NVC: Oct. 8, 2019

Received NVC: Oct. 18, 2019

NVC Case#: Nov. 09, 2019 (Assigned to China, should be Japan )

AOS Submitted: Nov. 18, 2019

IV Submitted:  Dec. 23, 2019

AOS/IV Approved: Jan. 16, 2020 

Interview Scheduled: Jan. 23, 2020

Request location change: Mid Nov. 2019 --> Feb. 21, 2020

Contacted my Reps (House, Senate): Feb. 5, 2020 - Rep contacted Guangzhou & Tokyo. 

Response 1: Feb. 11, 2020 - Guangzhou gave copy/paste info to my Rep's office.

Response 2: Feb. 18, 2020 - Tokyo Embassy - Requested transfer fm China - Case moved to Administrative Processing 

A Short Time Later after talking with Rep. Case's office, they contacted the embassies again. 

Response 3: Feb. 21, 2020 - Transfer complete; New interview scheduled.

Interview Date: Mar. 2, 2020 - Tokyo Embassy 

Interview Result: Approved

Visa Issued: Mar. 4, 2020

Visa in hand: Mar. 6, 2020

Time: ~359 Days from start to finish 

POE:  Stupid COVID-19 delaying travel to the US....

POE: Aug. 13, 2020 - San Francisco 

SSN: Oct. 23, 2020

GC: Aug 5, 2021 (51 weeks from entry)

I-751

NOA1 - May 20, 2022 CA Service Center

NOA2 - July 20, 2022 Case Transfered to NBC

NOA3 - Mar 6, 2023 48 month GC extension letter

NOA4 - Sep 1, 2023 Biometrics Appointment 

Update - Oct 6, 2023 Case status update to show fingerprints taken  

:clock:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.