jjp85

Has anyone else applied for the Uniting for Ukraine program?

834 posts in this topic

Thanks for a quick answer.  So if a person is divorced and cannot go home because their home is close to the front line. Plus the person carries the citizenship only of one country- Ukraine. They do have a permission to work in Czech republic ... just cannot go home. What criteria do they meet? If i remember correctly the USCIS site said that it does not matter where the people are at the moment. Am I wrong?  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Maugliavus said:

Thanks for a quick answer.  So if a person is divorced and cannot go home because their home is close to the front line. Plus the person carries the citizenship only of one country- Ukraine. They do have a permission to work in Czech republic ... just cannot go home. What criteria do they meet? If i remember correctly the USCIS site said that it does not matter where the people are at the moment. Am I wrong?  

There was a comment about being resident in Ukraine before a certain date think it was about a year ago.

However I have seen quite a few cases where the person was living elsewhere and sounds like she is still resident in Ukraine but has a temporary work visa elsewhere 

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

9 minutes ago, Boiler said:

There was a comment about being resident in Ukraine before a certain date think it was about a year ago.

However I have seen quite a few cases where the person was living elsewhere and sounds like she is still resident in Ukraine but has a temporary work visa elsewhere 

I will ask them. And i will file for them . Hope it will work. 

Thanks again

On 2/1/2023 at 6:55 PM, Ethan467 said:

I submitted my I-134a on Jan.19 2023 and I received a receipt notice but still no confirmation. I read some people had there forms only take a few days to approve. Does anyone know if they are taking longer to process the I-134a? 

Hi @Ethan467, Did you receive a confirmation yet? I wonder what the current processing times are... I submitted I-134A on 02/01 and received the receipt notice instantly but wondering how long the review process is taking.

2 hours ago, Sma99 said:

Hi @Ethan467, Did you receive a confirmation yet? I wonder what the current processing times are... I submitted I-134A on 02/01 and received the receipt notice instantly but wondering how long the review process is taking.

Yes finally. I received my confirmation/approval on the 3rd of Feb.  Same thing for me I received the receipt notice instantly, but it took about 18-19 days for them to confirm the next step. I called them beforehand asking if there was a problem with any of my information and they said that they haven't started the back-round check process yet. I'm assuming they are receiving more submissions and they might not have the staff to make it go as fast but eventually mine got confirmed and my beneficiary received their email 2 days after my confirmation. 

Timeline

There was an article in the LATimes the other day, seems that everybody who can in Cuba is applying, presume elsewhere as well. Massive queues fir Passports etc

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

On 2/6/2023 at 4:27 PM, Ethan467 said:

Yes finally. I received my confirmation/approval on the 3rd of Feb.  Same thing for me I received the receipt notice instantly, but it took about 18-19 days for them to confirm the next step. I called them beforehand asking if there was a problem with any of my information and they said that they haven't started the back-round check process yet. I'm assuming they are receiving more submissions and they might not have the staff to make it go as fast but eventually mine got confirmed and my beneficiary received their email 2 days after my confirmation. 

Glad to hear! Thank you for your response. Good luck!

On 2/6/2023 at 4:34 PM, Sma99 said:

Hi @Sma99 Wondering if you received a confirmation for your submission? I applied around the same time as you did, but no decision yet... just a receipt.

Timeline

I saw mentioned elsewhere following the expansion to 4 other countries

There are a lot of applications 

There are a lot of duplicate application

There are it seems paid sponsors for those who do not have somebody to sponsor them

I would imagine all of this would slow things down

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.