Sarge2155

April 2022 - AOS Filers

346 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I just wanted to update you on my process. My case got approved on April 13th & card was produced. I also got in the approval letter that I may need to do another biometrics but they’ll send me a letter if that is the case. I hope everyone else’s goes smoothly too & congratulations to the ones who have already been approved :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
16 hours ago, Dapplegrim said:

Yes, I got it. Don't overthink it, just send them the marriage certificate again. I also added the passport information pages for both of us, the entry document and a cover letter stating the entry and marriage dates, signed by both of us. Probably way more than was needed, but I got approved after this. 

Thanks... you got approved ? you are april 2022 filer ?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

So yesterday we completed our interview.. was very smooth and easy.. took finger prints and photo.. asked my passport, medical and couple of questions about security.. 10min max.. 

he said he will go thru the file in the next 2 weeks and make decision.. 

I heard from 2 different lawyer that if the officer takes your finger print on spot meaning you are approved.. is that right?

20 minutes ago, Bariskurt said:

So yesterday we completed our interview.. was very smooth and easy.. took finger prints and photo.. asked my passport, medical and couple of questions about security.. 10min max.. 

he said he will go thru the file in the next 2 weeks and make decision.. 

I heard from 2 different lawyer that if the officer takes your finger print on spot meaning you are approved.. is that right?

I think so , they are going to approve it 

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hi y'all,

Question: For anyone who had to mail the medical exam, how long did it take them to say it was received?

We applied April 19, 2022, Expedite request got my husband his work and travel permit by the end of July 22 and we next heard from them on May 10, 2023 when they approved the I-130 and sent and RFE to request us to mail the medical exam to the field office. We did on May 25, and USPS says it was delivered on May 28. Our status is still at "RFE sent."

23 hours ago, RileyM said:

Hi y'all,

Question: For anyone who had to mail the medical exam, how long did it take them to say it was received?

We applied April 19, 2022, Expedite request got my husband his work and travel permit by the end of July 22 and we next heard from them on May 10, 2023 when they approved the I-130 and sent and RFE to request us to mail the medical exam to the field office. We did on May 25, and USPS says it was delivered on May 28. Our status is still at "RFE sent."

Same here got rfe for medicals and sent them in May status still says rfe sent. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline
On 6/16/2023 at 8:09 PM, RileyM said:

Hi y'all,

Mine was pretty quick, but from what I’ve seen on here, it varies A LOT by FO. Some update to received right away, some take awhile, and some never update to received, but skip straight to approved. I wouldn’t stress about it!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, DRAS said:

My wife's 485 is approved. There was an update couple of days ago saying an action was taken, and status changed to Approved this morning!

Good luck folks waiting. We got an RFE for tax and medicals that was responded to back in April this year.

That’s great,  congratulations . For how long did you have to wait?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

guys hello, I have an update on Aug 12th. status changed to "actively reviewed" 3.5 months after the interview.. how much longer? and what that means?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.