Lylia

Receipt notice, what's next?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

We sent the form l-129 with the documents in to Dallas uscis office, it was delivered, my petitioner got an sms that it was delivered along with a receipt, but he was told on his uscis account to follow the instructions in the notice. The notice in the sms says he will receive a receipt notice in mail.

Will he get further instructions in the mail with it? When is it supposed to arrive?

Can other couples tell us from experience what happens next and what we need to do? We're struck by anxiety and it would help a lot. Thank you. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

If all is well for now, Petitioner should get a receipt notice in the mail... An I797....also known as NOA1

Next step:  Petitioner will receive either a rejection (package returned), an RFE (with instructions), or an approval I-797(NOA2).

Good Luck.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

32 minutes ago, Lylia said:

We sent the form l-129 with the documents in to Dallas uscis office, it was delivered, my petitioner got an sms that it was delivered along with a receipt, but he was told on his uscis account to follow the instructions in the notice. The notice in the sms says he will receive a receipt notice in mail.

Will he get further instructions in the mail with it? When is it supposed to arrive?

Can other couples tell us from experience what happens next and what we need to do? We're struck by anxiety and it would help a lot. Thank you. 

You can also fill out your Timeline, which helps visajourney with the stats pages:

https://www.visajourney.com/times/k1-fiance-visa-historical/

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/stats.php

If your NOA1 date is April 2022, you can follow the forum group with others facing the same process.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/781634-april-2022-i-129f-k1-filers/

Good luck!

Edited by EatBulaga

1 hour ago, Lylia said:

The Receipt Notice will get to him in pretty quickly. It will have a Case Number , example WACxxxx, and tells  you they are going to work on the case . Once you have the case number you can go to USCIS, case status , put in that number and occasionally see updates…but your fiancé gets updates and alerts. 

You can look at expedite request criteria, and your Fiancé can try to request if he believes he meets the criteria.
https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-1-part-a-chapter-5

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwii3r-uiYP3AhUZEEQIHcHCD1gQFnoECBYQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.uscis.gov%2Fforms%2Ffiling-guidance%2Fhow-to-make-an-expedite-request&usg=AOvVaw159dqa60n0u3BEsw02NmjC

Are you near the Ukraine border? Good Luck God Bless  si Numai Bine 

2 hours ago, Lylia said:

Not a lot will happen for 10-12 months, which is current processing times for I129F petitions.

You will receive the receipt notice (NOA1) in the mail.  

No need to be struck by anxiety.  The process mostly consists of many months of waiting.

Timeline
On 4/8/2022 at 2:13 AM, Family said:

The Receipt Notice will get to him in pretty quickly. It will have a Case Number , example WACxxxx, and tells  you they are going to work on the case . Once you have the case number you can go to USCIS, case status , put in that number and occasionally see updates…but your fiancé gets updates and alerts. 

You can look at expedite request criteria, and your Fiancé can try to request if he believes he meets the criteria.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwii3r-uiYP3AhUZEEQIHcHCD1gQFnoECBYQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.uscis.gov%2Fforms%2Ffiling-guidance%2Fhow-to-make-an-expedite-request&usg=AOvVaw159dqa60n0u3BEsw02NmjC

Yes I am, near Ukraine, but we were together before the war.

Thank you and all the others. We are both atheists. Good luck to you guys too. Without knowing, I might see one of you on the street one day. 😜

Timeline
On 4/8/2022 at 3:23 AM, Jorgedig said:

Not a lot will happen for 10-12 months, which is current processing times for I129F petitions.

You will receive the receipt notice (NOA1) in the mail.  

No need to be struck by anxiety.  The process mostly consists of many months of waiting.

That's exactly what he's worried about. 🙀 He's dealing with top level anxiety about it too. He's having a hard time with the distance and I am too, time difference is great, it's a hardship. 

Plus he says he wants to see me again in rl, because it takes so long, but if we mention it we need proof for it maybe. There is so much prep for meeting and also after I come back home reality strikes me he's not there anymore, and it strikes me hard. It's so difficult to be one week at a time together, but I miss him already even though the process was insane and there were so many new things to learn, first time on planes and outside my country. Plane trips are magically wild. Romania has very strict bans on people from other countries entering because of covid restrictions, that's why we had to meet outside of it. It's not been happy with America's numbers, covid counts, and it has its own case count for countries. It's been 6 months since we've been together in real life. 

Edited by Lylia

Timeline
On 4/8/2022 at 2:13 AM, Family said:

Is your beneficiary near Ukraine? Are you from California?

31 minutes ago, Lylia said:

That's exactly what he's worried about. 🙀 He's dealing with top level anxiety about it too. He's having a hard time with the distance and I am too, time difference is great, it's a hardship. 

Plus he says he wants to see me again in rl, because it takes so long, but if we mention it we need proof for it maybe. There is so much prep for meeting and also after I come back home reality strikes me he's not there anymore, and it strikes me hard. It's so difficult to be one week at a time together, but I miss him already even though the process was insane and there were so many new things to learn, first time on planes and outside my country. Plane trips are magically wild. Romania has very strict bans on people from other countries entering because of covid restrictions, that's why we had to meet outside of it. It's not been happy with America's numbers, covid counts, and it has its own case count for countries. It's been 6 months since we've been together in real life. 

Nearly everyone on VJ has been in the LDR situation.  My (now) husband and I did it for three years, with a ~$2k, 16 hour plane trip separating us.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Nearly everyone on VJ has been in the LDR situation.  My (now) husband and I did it for three years, with a ~$2k, 16 hour plane trip separating us.

Mhm. I've been in a ldr before my fiance lasting over 4 years, some less. So I'm used to the hardships but still, it's not any easier. Are you living together now? 

2 minutes ago, Lylia said:

Mhm. I've been in a ldr before my fiance lasting over 4 years, some less. So I'm used to the hardships but still, it's not any easier. Are you living together now? 

Yes,  he came over on a K-1 in 2018.  Now waiting to remove conditions on his green card, and he will be eligible to file for naturalization in November of this year.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

Yes,  he came over on a K-1 in 2018.  Now waiting to remove conditions on his green card, and he will be eligible to file for naturalization in November of this year.

That sounds great. It's satisfying to hear about such success. 

1 hour ago, Lylia said:

Is your beneficiary near Ukraine? Are you from California?

No. Am pure Osanca , fluent. Work related experience for my response but as @Jorgedigonce posted, just a stranger on the internet! 
Get through as best you can, it’s a lot more challenging getting through the usual timelines when you are near a war zone. I know EOIR has stopped removal/ deportation to Romania due to the ongoing war …so I hope you post many questions and get lots of real time/ frontline responses from others as they post success/ challenge to current situation . 

1 hour ago, Lylia said:

What is the ref to “ ldr “. Assuming long lasting relationship, but not clear if previous K-1 filed. In itself that will require a bit more than usual scrutiny of filing . 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.