FarahS

CEAC Status REFUSED / Interview said APPROVED

58 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, MariamTall said:

Wow, it’s crazy. I emailed them last week , asking if there is any update . But I didn’t receive a reply yet. Keep me posted if you have any new developments. I’m praying for good outcome 🙏🏾

it seems in both your cases the embassy told you after the interview that the case is moving to AP and also both of you got documents to fill and send back. Our case is different which is why I'm more worried now. They told him "We will submit your visa" and gave him two documents that said "Congratulations your visa is accepted" and then ended up returning the passport empty. So I'm not sure if this is also normal or not!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2022 at 10:51 AM, Ahmed Nashat said:

Hello Farah may I know if there is any update please ?? I am from Egypt had the exact same situation here , did my interview April 11 and consular said congratulations and he had my passport but checked after interview it said refused till now didn't have a call or any email from them 

Hello Ahmed, my husband's visa has been issued. They requested his passport and sent it back with the visa this week. I hope you hear good news soon.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
On 4/6/2022 at 8:59 AM, Jorgedig said:

Administrative Processing.

And yes, of course they can.  A verbal approval is not an approval until CEAC says "ISSUED."

Hello. I see you're from NZ - do you have any idea how long it is currently taking in Auckland to process employment-based immigrant visas? We had our EB interview 5 weeks ago - CEAC status still says Ready. Not sure how long it usually takes to finalize and issue these?

36 minutes ago, jcm122 said:

Hello. I see you're from NZ - do you have any idea how long it is currently taking in Auckland to process employment-based immigrant visas? We had our EB interview 5 weeks ago - CEAC status still says Ready. Not sure how long it usually takes to finalize and issue these?

Kia Ora!

I'm not, but my husband is.  He came over on a K-1 four years ago.  Unfortunately, I don't have any personal knowledge of EB visas.  

Auckland has historically been one of the more efficient consulates, in part because it has had far fewer visa applications to process than others.   I think most NZ visa seekers on VJ are not employment-based though.  Have you tried asking on the AUS/NZ forum?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Kia Ora!

I'm not, but my husband is.  He came over on a K-1 four years ago.  Unfortunately, I don't have any personal knowledge of EB visas.  

Auckland has historically been one of the more efficient consulates, in part because it has had far fewer visa applications to process than others.   I think most NZ visa seekers on VJ are not employment-based though.  Have you tried asking on the AUS/NZ forum?

Thanks so much for your prompt response.  Yes, I have asked in the Aus/NZ forum but not must response so far.  I would also have thought that Auckland would be pretty efficient, but I guess everyone is battling with staffing and other restrictions for operations.  Just wish I could get some sort of sense of the length of time we might still be expected to wait, especially considering they've had our passports for 5 weeks now...

23 minutes ago, jcm122 said:

Thanks so much for your prompt response.  Yes, I have asked in the Aus/NZ forum but not must response so far.  I would also have thought that Auckland would be pretty efficient, but I guess everyone is battling with staffing and other restrictions for operations.  Just wish I could get some sort of sense of the length of time we might still be expected to wait, especially considering they've had our passports for 5 weeks now...

That does sound frustrating.  Have you spent much time in the US?  Where will you reside?

Timeline
On 6/5/2022 at 4:23 PM, Jorgedig said:

That does sound frustrating.  Have you spent much time in the US?  Where will you reside?

Yeah, it's pretty frustrating.  We visited the US for an extended holiday 3 years ago and loved it - seen the east and west coast.  Will be heading to North Dakota which I gather will be quite an interesting culture (and climate) shock, but looking forward to the adventure.

1 hour ago, jcm122 said:

Yeah, it's pretty frustrating.  We visited the US for an extended holiday 3 years ago and loved it - seen the east and west coast.  Will be heading to North Dakota which I gather will be quite an interesting culture (and climate) shock, but looking forward to the adventure.

Oooh boy!   It's basically Canada.   Buy a Subaru!  Conservative part of the US, but people are genuine.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.