texastincup

April 2022 NVC Submissions - CR-1

253 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Rubbertoe32 said:

I am lost for words. I can't believe something so simple is going to push us back that much. The birth certificate looks clear to me. 

We had a similar issue. Got an RFE stating that the I864 wasn’t signed (it was). According to our lawyer, the CEAC website can be buggy and documents can get distorted when you upload them. We ended up uploading the exact same file again, and it was eventually approved.

1 hour ago, CesGar said:

We had a similar issue. Got an RFE stating that the I864 wasn’t signed (it was). According to our lawyer, the CEAC website can be buggy and documents can get distorted when you upload them. We ended up uploading the exact same file again, and it was eventually approved.

Did your approval take another 3 months? Or was it sooner?

57 minutes ago, Rubbertoe32 said:

Did your approval take another 3 months? Or was it sooner?

Unfortunately, it took another 3 months (only to then get another RFE for a different reason). Hang in there!

Congrats to everybody getting their cases DQd, about time you all get back to your families.

I made a thread about this question I have but dropping it here also, since we submitted in April and just had an update.

Hi,

My spouses case got RFE, the confusion I am having is that I moved back to the USA for work, I started officially work Jan 1st, 2022. So on the AOS needed I used my Greek Salary (which covers the requested the poverty line by alot) to do my US taxes and use that transcript for the AOS as well as a employment letter from my US Employer which shows my salary moving forward which will be even more than my last year salary. 

What is the confusion is they asked for to submit all my W2 from 2021, in Greece they dont have W2s. I took my Greek Tax Transcript and my accountant in Las Vegas did my 2021 US taxes as a foreign based income. How do I submit W2s when they dont exist.

Also in the CEAC all the paperwork has been Accepted now, changed from Submitted (even the AOS).

Any help will be appreciated because I have no clue what to do from here.

Thanks,

S

9 hours ago, steltefis said:

Congrats to everybody getting their cases DQd, about time you all get back to your families.

I made a thread about this question I have but dropping it here also, since we submitted in April and just had an update.

Hi,

My spouses case got RFE, the confusion I am having is that I moved back to the USA for work, I started officially work Jan 1st, 2022. So on the AOS needed I used my Greek Salary (which covers the requested the poverty line by alot) to do my US taxes and use that transcript for the AOS as well as a employment letter from my US Employer which shows my salary moving forward which will be even more than my last year salary. 

What is the confusion is they asked for to submit all my W2 from 2021, in Greece they dont have W2s. I took my Greek Tax Transcript and my accountant in Las Vegas did my 2021 US taxes as a foreign based income. How do I submit W2s when they dont exist.

Also in the CEAC all the paperwork has been Accepted now, changed from Submitted (even the AOS).

Thanks,

S

Submit a signed statement as the W2 explaining that for the recent tax year you have been employed abroad and they do not issue w2. 

This is what we submitted. 

5FE709E8-7E93-4C73-8234-D3AABFFB1578.jpeg

If you find my post helpful please hit the 🤍 heart icon and hit 'Like' or 'Thanks'.    

• 19 Jan 2021: Submit I-130 to Texas Lockbox
  • 06 Mar 2021: NOA1 from Nebraska Service Center
  • 24 May 2021: NOA2 Petition Approved
  • 08 Jul 2021: NVC - Submit IV + AOS Documents 
  • 03 Sep 2021: NVC - RFE for missing W2/1099 
  • 09 Sep 2021: NVC - Re-submit: 1099 Co-sponsor + explanation for petitioner missing W2
  • 08 Dec 2021: NVC - DQ (Documentarily Qualified)
  • 30 Dec 2021: NVC - Interview email (Interview on 13th Jan)
  • 13 Jan 2022: London Embassy - Interview; approved pending arrival of Medical results - case status 'Refused'
  • 14 Jan 2022: Case Status 'Administrative Processing'
  • 18 Jan 2022: Case Status 'Issued'
  • 20 Jan 2022: Passport with visa collected in person
  • 14 Feb 2022: Enter USA via Dulles, airport
  • 29 Apr 2022: Green Card received in Post

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
16 hours ago, steltefis said:

Hi,

Thanks,

S

We did a signed statement saying there is no w2 in Canada and included the Canadian version of it. It was accepted and I was DQ 

IR1 / IR2  

Canada

June 2022 IR1 - DQ 

Aug 2022 IR2 - DQ

Oct 2022 - Interview

Nov 2022 - Moved to US

Thank you for all your responses so far, I have submitted a letter saying that exact already, just shitty you need to wait most likely another 75 days just for them to see one letter. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.