10 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

As at today, March 30, 2022, the JM US embassy is reviewing DQ cases from the NVC and as far as I saw, from June and July 2020 for F Categories.

Have you received your interview letter? Interview time frame from IL receipt is 2-6 weeks.

Don’t forget to check your spam or junk. Seeing too many instances of people missing interview letters because the email went elsewhere. Lol check under mattress if you must but please check! 😅😂

Edited by Lackeisha876

Timeline
7 hours ago, Marie504 said:

Hi how did you find out which dates they are currently working on? I'm in the F category and DQ since May 2020 but haven't heard anything 😕 

Are you serious. Which one of the F categories? You need to call NVC immediately! 1 (603) 334-0700 Check your spam or junk folder as well because May 2020 was actioned last month at least!  And you can join the group on FB, Jamaica NVC Process

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Marie504 said:

Fb-1! I called and they only told me "I'm waiting for an interview and they can't tell me my place in line". Hopefully I hear something soon. I check all of my email folders and the NVC website all day like a stalker lol!

Call and email the embassy let them know

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
13 hours ago, Marie504 said:

Finally got an interview appointment!!! I was getting nervous 

Oh great!!! That means you’re IR then? Congratulations 🎈🎊🎉🍾 

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
24 minutes ago, t_monk said:

Got my interview date for May 31st

Just seeing this response! Awesome. See my previous question 🙋🏾‍♀️ 

Hey guys, I am onthe last stretch of my visa journey and it’s so frustrating that I decided to share my story. I know I am probably not the only one who is going through this, however, I do feel sometimes alone in my journey. 

So first, a back story. My father who is an American citizen filed for me in August 2018. At that time I was going to school in the states and I wanted to my adjust my status. Unfortunately , I had to come back to my home country due to financial reasons and I strongly believe that caused a delay in my journey  because I had to tell USCIS that I’m not in the country anymore. It took a whole year for the petition to be approved and another year for them to approve that I was no longer in the United States. So it was in 2020 when NVC contacted me stating that they have my case. That was in September and by December I was DQ. So we all know that due to coronavirus as well as the ban that Donald Trump placed on an immigration it further delayed my case for another year and a half.

Surprisingly I received an email from NVC stating the embassy has my case and  my interview date is April 5, 2022. Fast forward the interview was horrible I felt as if I was a criminal being interrogated and to be honest I bawled my eyes out because I really believed that it’s not going to be a good  outcome. The officer did take my passport and documents and gave me a 221g requesting tax documents and a marriage certificate for my parents and I submitted everything within a week time which was April 11, 2022.  

It’s been over a month now and I heard nothing from the embassy regarding my case and I check my status each day and it states that my visa has been refused. I am worried and anxious practically a ball of emotions and I don’t know what else to do. I have been waiting on this so long. I paused furthering my studies because of this and I have just been doing odd jobs to keep my self occupied until my time came. Now I feel as if I am wasting my years away and I need to get the ball rolling. I started my visa journey at 18 now I am 22 years old. 

As anyone been through this, please let me know your experience🙏🏾

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.