Mpowie

Timeline from DQ to Interview - Hong Kong Consulate

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys, would really appreciate your help on these two questions:

1) For those who have recently been DQ, how long is it currently taking for the US Embassy in Hong Kong to schedule interviews? (If I check the timelines and forums back in 2021, it feels like a 2-3 month timeline is safe to assume)

2) And what is the usual interval between the appointment letter and the actual interview? (3-4 weeks from what I see)

I'm leaving Hong Kong for a few months and since flying back to Hong Kong has become complicated because of the changing quarantine measures, I'd want to time it as precise as I can right after I get DQ.

Thanks so much!! Any help will be super appreciated

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, SpL01 said:

The consulate only reopened in April, so I am guessing four months is more likely. My case also just turned DQ, great it if you could keep us posted when you receive your interview schedule!

Hey there! What does DQ mean? The status for my wife is that everything is with NVC. Since the HK consulate just opened April 4, do you have any idea on the queue? We last heard back from NVC in January saying they received our application, had questions, we answered them and everything is with them now. That being said when I check the "status checker" it says I was supposed to email them the documents? So confused! 

Finally found this website so need to dig. Any help would be great!!!

7 hours ago, themandalorian said:

Hey there! What does DQ mean? The status for my wife is that everything is with NVC. Since the HK consulate just opened April 4, do you have any idea on the queue? We last heard back from NVC in January saying they received our application, had questions, we answered them and everything is with them now. That being said when I check the "status checker" it says I was supposed to email them the documents? So confused! 

Finally found this website so need to dig. Any help would be great!!!

Dq means document qualified. We can only get a rough idea of the wait time of the queue from other members report. Hope we are get interview letter soon

11 hours ago, ZackyV said:

Hello, We are basically on the same boat. I just got dq in March and im still waiting for the interview to be scheduled by the NVC. We should keep each other posted. Wish for the best

Yes definitely want to see when you get your interview if you were just DQ'd in March and they just opened in April! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

wanted to update in this thread also.   our case left NVC on 23, Jan 2023 and we received our notice of interview on 7 Feb, 2023 with an interview date of 17 March, 2023 for Hong Kong Consulate

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.