Kuchiki

March 2022 NVC Submissions IR1

374 posts in this topic

Timeline
1 hour ago, Dave Knapp said:

We submitted our documents on March 15 and on May 31 we were notified that they needed better copies on the marriage certificate and Aiza's birth certificate.  These documents are issued on colored paper so the original scans were in color and at 300 x 300 dpi so that the file didn't exceed their stone age 2 MB size limit.  I resubmitted them as B & W scans at 600 X 600 on June 2.  I get the sense that our case will go to the bottom of the pile and it will be another 75 days before someone touches it again.  Is that what others are experiencing?  Was really hoping for a DQ.  Actually, a hot fudge sundae would be good right now. 😁

From what I know they require colored scans. Did you happen to re-submit a Black & White scan?

1 hour ago, Kuchiki said:

From what I know they require colored scans. Did you happen to re-submit a Black & White scan?

The original submission was color 300 x 300. I scanned the docs in color at 600 x 600 and the 2 page birth certificate was bigger than their archaic 2 MB file size limit. So, we went with color 300 x 300.  It looked ok to me, but wasn't to them.  I was hesitant to go to B & W at 600 X 600, but it was the only way to improve the image quality and stay below 2 MB. If they kick them back again because they're not color, I guess I'll have to get a lawyer.  

6 hours ago, Dave Knapp said:

The original submission was color 300 x 300. I scanned the docs in color at 600 x 600 and the 2 page birth certificate was bigger than their archaic 2 MB file size limit. So, we went with color 300 x 300.  It looked ok to me, but wasn't to them.  I was hesitant to go to B & W at 600 X 600, but it was the only way to improve the image quality and stay below 2 MB. If they kick them back again because they're not color, I guess I'll have to get a lawyer.  

Did you try scanning at higher quality but then compressing?  Adobe PDF compressor is supposed to be the best.  In theory, they can preserve much of the quality while decreasing the size.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahrain
Timeline
On 6/2/2022 at 2:54 PM, angeldeborah said:

Oh? I submitted on 22nd March but I submitted additional documents just last weekend. If I get nothing tomorrow then I'll just assume the additional documents sent me to the back of the line.

Did you hear anything back? or do you think the additional document sent you back?

5 minutes ago, Hoba said:

Did you hear anything back? or do you think the additional document sent you back?

Got IL yesterday for my IR1 case where I last submitted documents on the 28th March after DQ (passport disappeared 4 days after for some reason) but nothing from the IR2 case (Submitted on the 22nd). We already think we will not DQ for IR2 due to submitting wrong doc for Form I-864 section (uploaded right form 28th May in additional documents). But who knows! I think I saw another 22nd March not get dq so if I do not hear back next week then I will assume the additional docs sent us back. I will update next week. 

Edited by angeldeborah

23 hours ago, Dave Knapp said:

We submitted our documents on March 15 and on May 31 we were notified that they needed better copies on the marriage certificate and Aiza's birth certificate.  These documents are issued on colored paper so the original scans were in color and at 300 x 300 dpi so that the file didn't exceed their stone age 2 MB size limit.  I resubmitted them as B & W scans at 600 X 600 on June 2.  I get the sense that our case will go to the bottom of the pile and it will be another 75 days before someone touches it again.  Is that what others are experiencing?  Was really hoping for a DQ.  Actually, a hot fudge sundae would be good right now. 😁

22 hours ago, Kuchiki said:

21 hours ago, Dave Knapp said:

They might accept the black and white scans. This member's lawyer uploaded some black and white scans it they were DQ'ed 

Hopefully they will accept the documents this time around. 

On 6/3/2022 at 3:47 AM, Beach Lover said:

I got DQ'd 1st June, submitted 23rd March.

Was checking another forum and I saw a 23 March submission DQ'ed 28 May. 

Hopefully they will be done with March by the end of next week... (I like to think positive!). 

8 hours ago, Hoba said:

Really? thats great when did they reply? Have you been DQ'd?

They replied on Friday (around 10 am EST) Asked to see blank documents on the affidavit! I think another member went through the same thing and I didn't think to upload the blank ones in additional documents. What a shame, hoping by Christmas I'll be done with this process.

Edited by angeldeborah

40 minutes ago, angeldeborah said:

They replied on Friday (around 10 am EST) Asked to see blank documents on the affidavit! I think another member went through the same thing and I didn't think to upload the blank ones in additional documents. What a shame, hoping by Christmas I'll be done with this process.

As you've already received DQ I would email the London Embassy and/or NVC and request an expedite for the IR2 case so your daughter can interview with you. 

If that fails delay your interview... 

2 minutes ago, ROK2USA said:

As you've already received DQ I would email the London Embassy and/or NVC and request an expedite for the IR2 case so your daughter can interview with you. 

If that fails delay your interview... 

Ah okay thank you, I will try. Then what is the point of them adding her under the additional applicant section? Slightly confused about that 😅

1 hour ago, angeldeborah said:

Ah okay thank you, I will try. Then what is the point of them adding her under the additional applicant section? Slightly confused about that 😅

I'm not really sure about your case... 

I was under the impression immediate relative cases were kept separate unless you request NVC/the consulate keep them together? 

Either way, I would contact the embassy and make sure she can go for her medical and attend the interview with you... You might not actually be stuck in NVC purgatory. 😆

Hopefully, her case has moved to the consulate and NVC is just requesting you upload documents before she attends her interview. 🤞

1 hour ago, ROK2USA said:

I'm not really sure about your case... 

I was under the impression immediate relative cases were kept separate unless you request NVC/the consulate keep them together? 

Either way, I would contact the embassy and make sure she can go for her medical and attend the interview with you... You might not actually be stuck in NVC purgatory. 😆

Hopefully, her case has moved to the consulate and NVC is just requesting you upload documents before she attends her interview. 🤞

Ah thank you!

8 hours ago, ROK2USA said:

Was checking another forum and I saw a 23 March submission DQ'ed 28 May. 

Hopefully they will be done with March by the end of next week... (I like to think positive!). 

I hope so too… suuuurely they can squeeze in everything up until and including 31st March this week! 🙈

Edited by Redrobot

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.