2,967 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, God is a good God said:

Thank you for your clarification. I just checked my lawyer email. She sent the original to court with supporting documentation and a copy to uscis texas before proceedings were terminated. In this case should I still send a new i485? Or the court will transfer the old i485 to uscis? I’m trying to open your attachment on preorder instructions but it doesn’t open up 

Yes still u need to  file if judge terminated ur case . if judge granted your adjustment then you follow post order instructions. You can google for pre order instructions and post order instructions.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It is Sunday, and here is our approval-evoking* Official Weekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

*if correlation = causation

==============================================
HOW DID SHE KNOW?

Two Catholic priests decided to go to Bali on vacation.  They were determined to make this a real vacation by not wearing anything that would identify them as priests.  For once, they would enjoy a vacation as regular people.

As soon as their plane landed, they went to a store and bought some really outrageous shorts, shirts, sandals, and sunglasses.

The next morning, they went to the beach dressed as "tourists."  As they sat on their beach chairs, enjoying a drink, the sunshine, and the scenery, a drop-dead gorgeous blonde in a bikini came walking straight toward them.  They couldn't help but stare.

As the blonde passed them, she smiled and said, "Good morning, Father," and "Good morning, Father," nodding and addressing each of them individually as she passed by.

The men were both stunned.  How did she know that they were priests?

The next day, they returned to the store and bought even more outrageous outfits.  These were so loud that you could hear them before you even saw them.  Once again, in their new attire, they settled down in their chairs to enjoy the beach sunshine.

After a little while, the same gorgeous blonde, wearing a different-colored bikini, taking her sweet time, came walking toward them.  Again she nodded at each of them and said, "Good morning, Father; good morning, Father," and started to walk away.

One of the priests couldn't stand it any longer and said, "Just a minute, young lady."

"Yes, Father?"

"We are priests and proud of it, but I have to know, how in the world do you KNOW we are priests, dressed as we are?"

"Father, it's me," she replied.  "Sister Philomena!"
:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Hello Folks 

My Vawa is pending from September 2019 ,I responded a RFE about 1 year ago. It was just showed we received your response but two days ago my status changed and now they says that  “correspondence was received and uscis now reviewing it” I remembered my attorney was submitted a letter for out of processing time . Also my removal proceeding is administratively closed . What is next? Thank you !

17 hours ago, dollardreamz said:

Yes still u need to  file if judge terminated ur case . if judge granted your adjustment then you follow post order instructions. You can google for pre order instructions and post order instructions.

Look what they said on my i360 approval letter. It looks like they acknowledge seeing a pending adjustment of status with them. They said I will be notified separately on my pending i485. Should i send another application ? Or they will return my application as they can see a pending i485 already

Edited by God is a good God

1408461457_IMG-20220724-WA0006_11zon(1).thumb.jpg.0d808bce86d6d0e3ec0d6c142fa4b7d5.jpg

18 hours ago, dollardreamz said:

This is what they mentioned on my I 360 approval that I will be notified separately on my pending i485. Should I send another i485? I am afraid it will be returned as they can see another one pending already

Edited by God is a good God

42 minutes ago, God is a good God said:

1408461457_IMG-20220724-WA0006_11zon(1).thumb.jpg.0d808bce86d6d0e3ec0d6c142fa4b7d5.jpg

This is what they mentioned on my I 360 approval that I will be notified separately on my pending i485. Should I send another i485? I am afraid it will be returned as they can see another one pending already

it will if u have applied vawa and 485 together.

have you filed 485 before termination?? because  I know people who filed before termination , they have tried to update the uscis with termination letter but no use.  some people filed again.

3 hours ago, God is a good God said:

I think that uscis Vermont is aware that you have a pending I-485. 

That's why I guess they made mention of it. 

@Demise @sandranj @Stillwinning!!!😊 or other experimented members will tell you exactly what to do. 

Just patiently wait for their advices. 

Edited by Rhema1

3 hours ago, God is a good God said:

You do not need to file another I-485, USCIS VSC  office knows you have a pending petition, that’s why they said you will be notified separately on your I-485 since it’s a different/separate petition from I-360. Congratulations!🎈🎉🎊🍾 😊

1 hour ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

You do not need to file another I-485, USCIS VSC  office knows you have a pending petition, that’s why they said you will be notified separately on your I-485 since it’s a different/separate petition from I-360. Congratulations!🎈🎉🎊🍾 😊

Hey @Stillwinning!!!😊. I understand. Just to update you on my situation. I filed i485 with court since I was in immigration proceedings and a copy of my i485 was sent to USCIS Irving Texas before approval of i360 . When my I 360 was approved that’s when they mentioned that I’ll be notified separately on my pending i485. I also terminated my immigration proceedings few weeks after i360 was approved 

1 hour ago, God is a good God said:

Hey @Stillwinning!!!😊. I understand. Just to update you on my situation. I filed i485 with court since I was in immigration proceedings and a copy of my i485 was sent to USCIS Irving Texas before approval of i360 . When my I 360 was approved that’s when they mentioned that I’ll be notified separately on my pending i485. I also terminated my immigration proceedings few weeks after i360 was approved 

Yeah, same words were used in my notification too. You’re good!😊👍

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mozambique
Timeline
On 7/22/2022 at 8:49 PM, nebula88 said:

Omg everyone! 

I'm exploding with anxiety right now.

On July 11th, my lawyer received an RFE for my I-693. I just dropped it off at his office. He personally has never seen an interview being waived but as far as I'm seeing here, that seems to be the case 😳

I'm trying not to get my hopes up but I'm so happy already that my case is being moved!! 

Anyone from Brooklyn, NY going/went through the same situation? How long did it take for you to have an update?

Congratulations.

You are almost there.i am from Queens NY.,waiting for interview or RFE.please share your timeline.

1 hour ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Yeah, same words were used in my notification too. You’re good!😊👍

@Stillwinning!!!😊 ,  should @God is a good God   refiled a new form I-485 with Vermont or not?

The approval letter has the mention of being separately informed with a pending form I-485.

Edited by Rhema1

20 minutes ago, Rhema1 said:

@Stillwinning!!!😊 ,  should @God is a good God   refiled a new form I-485 with Vermont or not?

The approval letter has the mention of being separately informed with a pending form I-485.

I believe there is a pending I-485 so there’s no reason to file another. From now the I-485 will progress until it is either approved without interview or with interview depending on the officer and the nature of the case.👍

5 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

I believe there is a pending I-485 so there’s no reason to file another. From now the I-485 will progress until it is either approved without interview or with interview depending on the officer and the nature of the case

You are correct, USCIS will revive the I-485 ( that was originally filed w w-130 spouse and switch it to I-360) . @God is a good God can try for InfoPass to ask that they “ call” his I-485 to the Field Office for adjudication and carry w you copy of I-360 and IJ order and updated I-485 copy your attorney did for court , check if there is I-864 W . Make a nice set of copies as you will be sending them out to get speedy action on your case. 

If you are to wait, then sweetly ask the Officer to please tell you the Service Center that has your file and you can then begin “ poking “ them with a Request to Transfer Case for adjudication , Supplemental Filing …you get the idea , a steady flow of certified letters . 

A member on this thread actually got her GC approved a few days after InfoPass..she is from Hawaii and I think I walked her through the steps in May(?)

22 minutes ago, Family said:

You are correct, USCIS will revive the I-485 ( that was originally filed w w-130 spouse and switch it to I-360) . @God is a good God can try for InfoPass to ask that they “ call” his I-485 to the Field Office for adjudication and carry w you copy of I-360 and IJ order and updated I-485 copy your attorney did for court , check if there is I-864 W . Make a nice set of copies as you will be sending them out to get speedy action on your case. 

If you are to wait, then sweetly ask the Officer to please tell you the Service Center that has your file and you can then begin “ poking “ them with a Request to Transfer Case for adjudication , Supplemental Filing …you get the idea , a steady flow of certified letters . 

A member on this thread actually got her GC approved a few days after InfoPass..she is from Hawaii and I think I walked her through the steps in May(?)

Thanks you. I’ll try infopass and see what they’ll tell me

50 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

I believe there is a pending I-485 so there’s no reason to file another. From now the I-485 will progress until it is either approved without interview or with interview depending on the officer and the nature of the case.👍

Thank you 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.