2,967 posts in this topic

On 4/26/2022 at 11:04 AM, Pens said:

received a call from a really nice Tier 2 agent today. She scheduled an info pass appointment for me on 5/9 so that I can give them the termination letter from the judge and ask them to request my file so they can adjudicate my I-485. Among the documents she asked me to bring was my passport. I explained to her that I do not have a passport (I came here when I was pretty young and that was almost 30 years ago). She said that's fine but my question is would having my passport at the info pass appointment help to expedite my I-131 or I-485? If that's the case I'm willing to fly to New York before my appointment to get the passport. I was already planning to at the end of May but I guess I can make two trips. Thank you

Yup , get the passport.

On 4/26/2022 at 11:04 AM, Pens said:

having my passport at the info pass appointment help to expedite my I-131 or I-485? If that's the case I'm willing to fly to New York before my appointment to get the passport. I was already planning to at the end of May but I guess I can make two trips. Thank you

Passport will help w I-131 , not I-485….( I assumed you had passport in place) 

I think I made a mistake in sending my EAC renewal petition to the wrong service center. I used the address for National Benefit Center (Receipt # begins with MSC). Shouldn’t it begin with EAC….? Could it be the reason it’s been pending since June-21?

Thankfully, they issued an EAC through my approved VAWA case. Should I request a case transfer from NBC to Vermont or re-apply for C09 renewal on my approved C31 EAD? Do I pay another $410?  The one-year wait would be brutal. 😫😫 Please help. 

Edited by Double

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Senegal
Timeline
1 hour ago, Family said:

Yup , get the passport.

@Family-Thank you! I’m glad I didn’t assume I didn’t need it. Just booked the flight 

Hi all 

I requested my local congressman to send inquiry and got below response. Wanted to know what they mean by security check? 

Related background checks like  drugs, old cases or rfe submitted documents? 

anyone seen similar? 
Do I need to do one more congressman man? 

Edited by Ontarkie
attachment removed, personal information showing

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~One post edited to remove attachment as it contained personal information. Please do not post anything with any type of personal information on VJ. ~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, kodicsv said:

Hi all 

I requested my local congressman to send inquiry and got below response. Wanted to know what they mean by security check? 

Related background checks like  drugs, old cases or rfe submitted documents? 

anyone seen similar? 
Do I need to do one more congressman man? 

Security checks mean they are investigating something that they found in your information.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.