2,967 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
On 3/22/2022 at 6:02 PM, Makanaki said:

@peacefulFor

How do I clear this? I do not have a lawyer. 

I have filled a form with my congress person since the 1st of this month - no response.

I have written a letter to USCIS stating clearly that my daughter received her GC before me and before officially receiving I360 approval online or on paper - no response.

My PF is due to expire in May and I am about to enter Nursing School and do need either the PF or GC for financial aid.

What do I do! I am totally confused

I am sorry I can't help you. I would continue reaching out to USCIS or on your interview ask the officer to clear this situation.

I just remember that situation that I read when that person applied for naturalization and he was denied because his greencard was issued before their petition approval and he got screwed up. This is a very complicated situation and most likely only a lawyer can guide you.

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello, I do have a question. Me and my daughter got our GC already. I know that VAWA GC recipients are eligible to apply N-400 after 3 yrs (if spouse was USC). My question is, my daughter is going to aged out by the time I most likely gets naturalized, will she still be eligible in 3yrs or now she have to wait 5yrs if she is applying N-400 on her own? Thank you.

Edited by peacefulFor

54 minutes ago, Lulu oz said:

Hi everyone, 

I want to share my good news as my journey with VAWA has come to an end. I wish everyone waiting this same and yours is coming. I have received my Green card. I’d like to share my timeline 

filed I-360: October 2019

filed I-485 & I-765: April 2020

Received 2 EADs & 3 PFs

RFE on I-360: August 2021

sent response of RFE: Sept 1,2021

VAWA new card produced: October 13,2021

VAWA case approved: November 2, 2021

I-693 deficiency letter: December 22, 2021

Biometrics: January 18, 2022

interview on I-485: March 17, 2022

After the interview case changed to New card produced in 30mins

Green card in hand: March 24, 2022

id be happy to answer any question anyone has. 

Congratulations!!!! ❤️

If you do not mind me asking, what is your field office? 

41 minutes ago, honeybadger3 said:

Congratulations!!!! ❤️

If you do not mind me asking, what is your field office? 

So, I live in Texas but my interview was held in Nashville where my lawyer is, my location got mixed up but I decided to attend the interview there instead of waiting and having it rescheduled with all the delays that comes with it.

2 hours ago, Lulu oz said:

Hi everyone, 

I want to share my good news as my journey with VAWA has come to an end. I wish everyone waiting this same and yours is coming. I have received my Green card. I’d like to share my timeline 

filed I-360: October 2019

filed I-485 & I-765: April 2020

Received 2 EADs & 3 PFs

RFE on I-360: August 2021

sent response of RFE: Sept 1,2021

VAWA new card produced: October 13,2021

VAWA case approved: November 2, 2021

I-693 deficiency letter: December 22, 2021

Biometrics: January 18, 2022

interview on I-485: March 17, 2022

After the interview case changed to New card produced in 30mins

Green card in hand: March 24, 2022

id be happy to answer any question anyone has. 

Congratulations!

what paperwork did they ask you for at the interview? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 3/26/2022 at 11:22 AM, Pinkrlion said:

That is not true.  Prior to COVID 19 every VAWA based I-485 had an interview.  

I didn’t have one. I recently got my green card after 2 years since 360 approval 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
9 hours ago, Lulu oz said:

I have received my Green card

Yee-HAAAAA!  :dance: 

[Note to T-B.'s self:  joke worked again... joke worked again...]

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

12 hours ago, peacefulFor said:

Hello, I do have a question. Me and my daughter got our GC already. I know that VAWA GC recipients are eligible to apply N-400 after 3 yrs (if spouse was USC). My question is, my daughter is going to aged out by the time I most likely gets naturalized, will she still be eligible in 3yrs or now she have to wait 5yrs if she is applying N-400 on her own? Thank you.

Your daughter applies for N-400 on her own at 3 year mark as long as she is 18 yrs old or more at that time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.