pushbrk

Did you ignore sending bonafide marriage evidence?

63 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I had sent a copy of marriage certificate, 10-20 photos, and 3 affidavits, and they approved our case without any RFE.

I am ready to file I-130 and I am freaking out about this requirement too. Apart from option 5 (affidavits), us newlyweds don't have anything that can show bona fides of a marriage. From posts of other people, it seems that they are not sending RFEs for this requirement

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't send any evidence since I have nothing that they ask for in I-130 form

I guess nobody has anything that they request

I have another proof of bona fide marriage ready for interview ( phone bills with numbers and call times, 150 pictures of wedding etc)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Hi

can you elaborate on the RFE for WRONG SIZE PHOTOS??

Aren't passport photos more or less standard in all countries?

Newlyweds who have never even lived in the same country yet, won't be able to provide anything but affidavits.

Not necessarily true.

I did have life insurance, trust, will and joint bank account for my wife.

Wasn't for the I-130 [K3/K4] but for the embassy interview and later when doing the AOS.

Thank you. The thread is about filing the petition. Unfortunately, by the time there's a visa interview, most aren't really newlyweds anymore. By the time of AOS, they've lived together in the same country.

We sent just marriege certificate, we did not have all those things by that time yet, we were just starting our life together in my country.

But now after almost an year living together we have thousands of pics, travel tickets, hotels reservation, car loan we got together, bank account, credits cards, insurance etc etc.

I have a box full of papers ready to take with me.

We got a RFE for 130 but it was about wrong size pics and my husband previous marriege divorce papers.

I hope my information can help you !

Tks !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

it wasn't that i didn't see it or ignored it but I honestly didn't have any of those things.

I just decided to take my chances

so no I didn't send in anything but the required documentation.

We were approved

The current I-130 instructions encourage petitioners to include documentation not previously requested on the old form. See below.

NOTE: In addition to the required documentation listed in1) through 4) above, you should submit one or more of thefollowing types of documentation that may evidence thatbona fides of your marriage:

1) Documentation showing joint ownership or property; or

2) A lease showing joint tenancy of a common residence; or

3) Documentation showing co-mingling of financial resources; or

4) Birth certificate(s) of child(ren) born to you, the petitioner, and your spouse together; or

5) Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties having personal knowledge of the bona fides of the marital relationship (Each affidavit must contain the full name and address, date and place of birth of the person making the affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner of beneficiary, if any, and complete information and details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge of your marriage); or

6) Any other relevant documentation to establish that there is an ongoing marital union.

We've heard a lot about how people who have never lived together dealt with the above request but I'm curious to hear from people who filed in 2007 using the new form but either didn't see or ignored this request.

Has your I-130 been approved anyway? If not yet and no RFE, no need to answer. If you got an RFE, please let us know.

I'm posting this in the K3 forum as well, for obvious reasons.

Edited by Jimmy and Angela

• 4 weeks later...

i've also been faced with this issue.

im currently living with my wife, but we're finding it difficult to prove it because her landlord doesnt have me on the lease, but i do have my residence permit registered to this address and my wifes lease will match this address. is this proof enough that we live together?

for now i think we will file and include a joint bank statement and an affidavit from my brother.

my question is what goes into creating an affidavit?

"Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties having personal knowledge of the bona fides of the marital relationship (Each affidavit must contain the full name and address, date and place of birth of the person making the affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner of beneficiary, if any, and complete information and details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge of your marriage)"

what exactly is the "complete information and details" part?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

im currently living with my wife, but we're finding it difficult to prove it because her landlord doesnt have me on the lease, but i do have my residence permit registered to this address and my wifes lease will match this address. is this proof enough that we live together?

for now i think we will file and include a joint bank statement and an affidavit from my brother.

"Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties having personal knowledge of the bona fides of the marital relationship (Each affidavit must contain the full name and address, date and place of birth of the person making the affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner of beneficiary, if any, and complete information and details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge of your marriage)"

...explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge of your marriage.

Such as... "I'm the groom's best friend. We went on double dates. I attended the wedding in city at hotel and saw the bride and groom were eager to get on with the honeymoon. Later that night we heard the headboard banging in the room next door. Since then, we've been to their home for supper on the following dates...

Since you do actually live together, your residence registry showing the same address as hers is probably good enough but you'll need to get that translated at the Gong Zheng Chu.

All and all, this is really not much of an issue for DCF filers. You live together. I'd skip the affidavit from the friend.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Im a lil late reading this thread but in regards to the initial question i sent in affidavits and wire transfers in an attempt to show comingling of financial resources as we were unable to open up a joint account when we tried due to banking regulations. Since we filed the i-130 in early november we have since had a child born to us and i have a birth certificate that would go a long way to adding to the evidence of a bonafide marriage. I wonder if I can send in that birth certificate as a supplement to the I-130 with out an RFE, does anyone know. The service center is only an hours drive away hell i could stop in and give it to em personally ahahahaha j/k. anyways does anyone know if i can mail that in without an RFE maybe just a copy of the NOA1 with reciept number??

Perhaps you missed the point of the thread but the actual point was that newlyweds who have never lived together or even in the same country don't need to bother with the bona fide evidence until interview time.

Relax and enjoy you new baby.

Dear Pushbrk,

Please have patience with me, I understand you to say that newlyweds do not have to show Bona Fide evidence until the interview,?? here is my story. I married my husband via proxy in Houston after spending over $1000.00 for paperwork in France to get married there, and our paperwork expired, so , anyways, we married via proxy in Houston, Tx., I flew to Paris 2 days after ceremony, had a honeymoon, came home, got him on the bank account checking & savings, his own ATM card, joint Masster Card, we have life insurance polcies on each other, and sent all this to USCIS, we have NEVER lived together, "unless they consider the hotel room we shared when I was there for holiday on July and then in Novemeber for our Honeymoon" he lives in France for now, I live in Texas. I filed the I-130 then I-129F so most likely we wont get a RFE??? I did included all this in both petitions, plus pictures of us, emails, phone bills for past 8 months, cards. letters etc.

Im sorry I sound so frantic, this process is frustrating. Thank you for your time on this matter. And good luck on your journey.

Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Timeline
Im a lil late reading this thread but in regards to the initial question i sent in affidavits and wire transfers in an attempt to show comingling of financial resources as we were unable to open up a joint account when we tried due to banking regulations. Since we filed the i-130 in early november we have since had a child born to us and i have a birth certificate that would go a long way to adding to the evidence of a bonafide marriage. I wonder if I can send in that birth certificate as a supplement to the I-130 with out an RFE, does anyone know. The service center is only an hours drive away hell i could stop in and give it to em personally ahahahaha j/k. anyways does anyone know if i can mail that in without an RFE maybe just a copy of the NOA1 with reciept number??

Perhaps you missed the point of the thread but the actual point was that newlyweds who have never lived together or even in the same country don't need to bother with the bona fide evidence until interview time.

Dear Pushbrk,

Please have patience with me, I understand you to say that newlyweds do not have to show Bona Fide evidence until the interview,?? here is my story. I married my husband via proxy in Houston after spending over $1000.00 for paperwork in France to get married there, and our paperwork expired, so , anyways, we married via proxy in Houston, Tx., I flew to Paris 2 days after ceremony, had a honeymoon, came home, got him on the bank account checking & savings, his own ATM card, joint Masster Card, we have life insurance polcies on each other, and sent all this to USCIS, we have NEVER lived together, "unless they consider the hotel room we shared when I was there for holiday on July and then in Novemeber for our Honeymoon" he lives in France for now, I live in Texas. I filed the I-130 then I-129F so most likely we wont get a RFE??? I did included all this in both petitions, plus pictures of us, emails, phone bills for past 8 months, cards. letters etc.

Im sorry I sound so frantic, this process is frustrating. Thank you for your time on this matter. And good luck on your journey.

Paris Heart

Looks good to me. Was there supposed to be a question in there someplace?

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Dear Pushbrk,

Paris Heart

Looks good to me. Was there supposed to be a question in there someplace?

No Sir, Im sorry, just this process is grueling. Sometimes I think I did not supply enough evidence, seems like I did not have too. Thank you Sir for you time on this.

Best wish,

Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Sent in marriage certificate only. No pictures of the wedding even though they were available. Since then we ave gathered more supporting evidence, joint taxes, comingling of funds and property, however none of this was available at the time I sent in the petitions approximatel one week after marriage.

I-130

08-19-2007 Sent via USPS Express to CSC

08-21-2007 Received signed by V.SEMEGI in Luna Nigel CA

10-04-2007 NOA1 (I-757) received via snail mail with receive date 08-21-2007 and notice date 10-01-2007

10-05-2007 Check Cashed. Case number on back distinguishable, but not legible enough to read.

03-07-2008 Touch

03-10-2008 NOA2 Approved

03-11-2008 Touch

03-13-2008 Touch

03-14-2008 Touch /Letter arrives in post (I-757)

I-129

08-19-2007 Sent via USPS Express to CSC

08-21-2007 Received signed by V.SEMEGI in Luna Nigel CA

10-09-2007 NOA1 (I-757) received via snail mail with receive date 08-21-2007 and notice date 10-02-2007

03-07-2008 Touch

03-10-2008 NOA2 Approved

03-11-2008 Touch

03-13-2008 Touch

03-14-2008 Touch /Letter arrives in post (I-757)

03-31-2008 NVC Received I-129F approval, laetter states that petition will be forwarded to consulate witihin one week

04-03-2008 NVC letter received via snail mail

04-10-2008 Email sent to Consulate in Rio for information about our case

04-23-2008 Approx 10 am @ Internet Cafe, recieves email Reply from consulate with informing her of interview date on 3rd of June

04-23-2008 Approx 1 pm Packet (4) arrives

05-09-2008 Medical Exam in Recife

06-03-2008 Interview complete. Petition Approved.

06-12-2008 Visa Arrives Via Express Mail. Rio consulate used TNT consigment service.

06-20-2009 POE Miami, FL

Sent in marriage certificate only. No pictures of the wedding even though they were available. Since then we ave gathered more supporting evidence, joint taxes, comingling of funds and property, however none of this was available at the time I sent in the petitions approximatel one week after marriage.

Thank you Happy Again, now Im happy again.

Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline
Please consider reading the FAQ's and Guides before posting.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Marriage : 2007-10-14

I-130 Sent : 2007-11-24

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-01-29

I-129F Sent : 2008-01-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-02-06

I-130 Approved : 2008-04-24

USEM interview : 2008-09-25

Finally reunited : 2008-10-12

Such as... "I'm the groom's best friend. We went on double dates. I attended the wedding in city at hotel and saw the bride and groom were eager to get on with the honeymoon. Later that night we heard the headboard banging in the room next door. Since then, we've been to their home for supper on the following dates...

Since you do actually live together, your residence registry showing the same address as hers is probably good enough but you'll need to get that translated at the Gong Zheng Chu.

All and all, this is really not much of an issue for DCF filers. You live together. I'd skip the affidavit from the friend.

question about the translation for her lease. i got it translated and it has a red stamp saying "certified translation" but theres not statement saying its a valid or guaranteeing the translator is fluent in both languages. my question is do i have to get this further notarized like we did for all the other official documents or is this enough to proove we live together for now?

Timeline

question about the translation for her lease. i got it translated and it has a red stamp saying "certified translation" but theres not statement saying its a valid or guaranteeing the translator is fluent in both languages. my question is do i have to get this further notarized like we did for all the other official documents or is this enough to proove we live together for now?

Was ot translated at the Gong Zheng Chu office? If so, that's what the Consulate is looking for.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I didn't send in any bonafide marriage stuff...we had none, I didnt even send in offical marriage certificate...we were approved NO rfe's. Bona fide marriage may be more for people who have live together awhile are still living together now and would have this stuff. I don't plan onadding hubby to any credit cards or bills or insurance til he gets here. I dont want to pay extra for something I cannot use.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.