TBoneTX

N-400 Seattle (Part 2)

670 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, Mv125 said:

In addition to these theories, the delay in N-400 interview scheduling may be caused by the large number of people who passed their N-400 interview with a pending I-751. There is a huge backlog in the I-751 processing, especially for the LIN filers. I’ve seen people in this forum who passed their N-400 interview successfully and had to wait for up to 18 months to get their oath scheduled due to pending I-751.

Reading your post didn't quite cheer me up, I'm one of those who had their N-400 passed for final approval but with a pending I-751 are awaiting a schedule to take the naturalization oath in Seattle.

18 months is quite an astounding wait, is that 18 months from the filing of the I-751 or the passing of the N-400?

And since we are in the "theorizing" mood, there is quite a bit of analyzing of an imperfect data set, the biggest variable is the USCIS itself, they could be experiencing staff shortages particularly around this time of the year when personnel are likely to take their PTOs. Any data points on that?

4 hours ago, Gaps0214 said:

Reading your post didn't quite cheer me up, I'm one of those who had their N-400 passed for final approval but with a pending I-751 are awaiting a schedule to take the naturalization oath in Seattle.

18 months is quite an astounding wait, is that 18 months from the filing of the I-751 or the passing of the N-400?

And since we are in the "theorizing" mood, there is quite a bit of analyzing of an imperfect data set, the biggest variable is the USCIS itself, they could be experiencing staff shortages particularly around this time of the year when personnel are likely to take their PTOs. Any data points on that?

I’m also in this scenario. I have a pending i751 from LIN. Do we have any counterpoints ? Are there any out there where there has been little or no wait following the N400 interview ?

1 minute ago, TheLastMile said:

I’m also in this scenario. I have a pending i751 from LIN. Do we have any counterpoints ? Are there any out there where there has been little or no wait following the N400 interview ?

After 510 days, my online case status for the pending I-751 (at LIN Nebraska) has changed 2x within a span of 2 hours.

First change, case was updated to show fingerprints were taken (I never went for new biometrics, but I had fingerprints taken before the N400 interview)

Second change, case was transferred and a new office has jurisdiction (Seattle)

Now hoping that the rest will slide in to an invitation to take an oath for naturalization.

Will keep the thread posted.

Cheers, 

11 minutes ago, Gaps0214 said:

After 510 days, my online case status for the pending I-751 (at LIN Nebraska) has changed 2x within a span of 2 hours.

First change, case was updated to show fingerprints were taken (I never went for new biometrics, but I had fingerprints taken before the N400 interview)

Second change, case was transferred and a new office has jurisdiction (Seattle)

Now hoping that the rest will slide in to an invitation to take an oath for naturalization.

Will keep the thread posted.

Cheers, 

Did you by any chance move jurisdictions from when you filed I751 and N400?

2 minutes ago, TheLastMile said:

Did you by any chance move jurisdictions from when you filed I751 and N400?

Didn't move to or from anywhere since filing I-751, I've always lived in King County, WA. My interviews for earlier immigration cases have always been in Tukwila.

If you're trying to figure out if moving locations has an effect on the processing time of N-400, it's yes and no, depends on which local office is handling it. Moving places does not affect your I-751.

I expected the I-751 case transfer because during the N-400 interview the Immigration Officer did say she was requesting my A-file out of LIN to review for final approval of naturalization.

Hope this was helpful to you.

Cheers,

16 minutes ago, Gaps0214 said:

Didn't move to or from anywhere since filing I-751, I've always lived in King County, WA. My interviews for earlier immigration cases have always been in Tukwila.

If you're trying to figure out if moving locations has an effect on the processing time of N-400, it's yes and no, depends on which local office is handling it. Moving places does not affect your I-751.

I expected the I-751 case transfer because during the N-400 interview the Immigration Officer did say she was requesting my A-file out of LIN to review for final approval of naturalization.

Hope this was helpful to you.

Cheers,

it was very helpful. Thank you. I have also never moved. Lived in King county the entire time. All prior interviews were in Tukwila as well. Argh. I hope I don’t end my N400 interview in a long wait for I751. I don’t think everyone is having the same experience though. 

11 minutes ago, TheLastMile said:

it was very helpful. Thank you. I have also never moved. Lived in King county the entire time. All prior interviews were in Tukwila as well. Argh. I hope I don’t end my N400 interview in a long wait for I751. I don’t think everyone is having the same experience though. 

You can only hope for the best.

You can imagine how it feels when others seem to have same day oaths after passing their N-400 and you're stuck because of a pending I-751. At the mercy of the system.

But thats what an immigrant's journey is all about. Patience should be everyone's virtue.

Wishing you more luck than you'll ever need.

Cheers,

13 minutes ago, Gaps0214 said:

You can only hope for the best.

You can imagine how it feels when others seem to have same day oaths after passing their N-400 and you're stuck because of a pending I-751. At the mercy of the system.

But thats what an immigrant's journey is all about. Patience should be everyone's virtue.

Wishing you more luck than you'll ever need.

Cheers,

Indeed. Good luck and best wishes to you as well. 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
8 hours ago, Gaps0214 said:

Sorry about that. It seems like your A-file has been transferred to Seattle. Congrats! I’m sure you will hear about your oath ceremony in the next few days or so.

18 months from the date they had their N-400 interview actually. LIN has some ridiculous timelines..

I use this link to track I-751 timelines: https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/liftlist.php?op5=5,9,10,11,12

Mine is also pending on day 530, and I have already passed the N-400 test on 10/28.

Edited by Mv125

AOS from F1 (Student)

03/05/18 - AOS package Sent (I-485, I-130, I-756, I-131)

03/09/18 - AOS  Package Received

03/09/18 Priority Date

03/20/18 - email/text NOAs Received

03/26/18 - NOAs received in mail

03/30/18 - Biometrics notice received in mail

04/09/18 - Biometrics Done

04/09/18 - Courtesy Letter for I-693 Received

04/16/18 - I-485 and I-765 UPDATE: We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case

04/18/18 - I-485 UPDATE: Case ready to be scheduled for an interview

04/30/18 - Requested to expedite EAD via phone

05/01/18 - UPDATE: Request assigned to an officer, response sent and request completed

05/03/18 - Called USCIS and the officer instructed me to fax evidence. Faxed evidence (Job offer) same day.

05/05/18 - Received USCIS letter asking me to fax evidence (Already done)

05/08/18 - I-765 UPDATE: Request assigned to an officer, response sent and request completed

05/08/18 - Received an email: Documentation received and request to expedite EAD under review

05/14/18 - I-765 UPDATE: We are producing your card (EAD) and will mail it to you

05/15/18 - I-765 and I-131 UPDATE:  We approved your case

05/17/18 - I-765 UPDATE: Card was mailed to me

05/18/18 - Received NOA for EAD & AP Approval

On 12/12/2022 at 2:55 PM, PedroDaGr8 said:

Likely a combination of the thanksgiving holiday, the excel sheet finally catching up to the reality of the current scenario (no longer underestimating the times), and Seattle being fully caught up. The later means the officers can be used to help other FO catch-up as they roll out the remote interview systems. 

Also, it is possible they have pivoted to clearing the backlog for I-485 (which Seattle has a lot as well).

It would be disappointing if SEA field office had paused N400 and had moved to different category! Any idea when they would resume N400? I don't see any case updates for Seattle in hilities today website. I have to book flights for upcoming travel but have been holding off due to no update regarding the interview.

Edited by anon_G

On Monday I had my interview with a pending removal of conditions. I got the test questions, and then I was asked few questions about my marriage.  My husband was not required to attend the interview with me.

Then, the interviewer asked the yes/no questions, and then told me that I can proceed to get my oath ceremony. After getting the Oath, I got a case update that notified me of the oath. A day after I got a text confirming that my removal of conditions application was transferred to seattle. It is not approved yet, but I do not care. I do not know if it matters, but we moved to another state and got back to Seattle early this year. Removals conditions was submitted while we lived in the other coast around June 2021.

Then proceed to book an appointment for my passport. I did not expect to get the oath on the same day.   For the USPS passport, I was lucky to find an open slot for today's morning. Something to note is that for your passport they will keep your naturalization doc. You also need to bring at least two other IDs. It could be your DL /State ID and an insurance card for example. You need to bring cash or debit card to USPS. They do not take credit cards.  I chose the fastest shipping so I should get my passport between 2 and 4 weeks counting from today. I chose the passport (book) and card. 

Any insights on getting the enhanced driver license? Not sure of whether is worth getting it since it is not needed until 2025 now.

Good luck everyone!

2 minutes ago, BANDIE said:

On Monday I had my interview with a pending removal of conditions. I got the test questions, and then I was asked few questions about my marriage.  My husband was not required to attend the interview with me.

Then, the interviewer asked the yes/no questions, and then told me that I can proceed to get my oath ceremony. After getting the Oath, I got a case update that notified me of the oath. A day after I got a text confirming that my removal of conditions application was transferred to seattle. It is not approved yet, but I do not care. I do not know if it matters, but we moved to another state and got back to Seattle early this year. Removals conditions was submitted while we lived in the other coast around June 2021.

Then proceed to book an appointment for my passport. I did not expect to get the oath on the same day.   For the USPS passport, I was lucky to find an open slot for today's morning. Something to note is that for your passport they will keep your naturalization doc. You also need to bring at least two other IDs. It could be your DL /State ID and an insurance card for example. You need to bring cash or debit card to USPS. They do not take credit cards.  I chose the fastest shipping so I should get my passport between 2 and 4 weeks counting from today. I chose the passport (book) and card. 

Any insights on getting the enhanced driver license? Not sure of whether is worth getting it since it is not needed until 2025 now.

Good luck everyone!

Congratulations!

It is interesting that your IO got you into an oath for naturalization despite your ROC I-751 still pending. This surely makes me scratch my head because I was in an N-400 interview that I passed but because my ROC A-file is in another USCIS processing center, my invitation to take the naturalization oath would have to wait.

I do recommend you get the enhanced driver's license if you didn't order a passport ID card. It sure helps to go through airport security. This is your reference site for that in Washington state: https://www.dol.wa.gov/forms/520431.pdf

Again congratulations!

Cheers

18 hours ago, Mv125 said:

Sorry about that. It seems like your A-file has been transferred to Seattle. Congrats! I’m sure you will hear about your oath ceremony in the next few days or so.

18 months from the date they had their N-400 interview actually. LIN has some ridiculous timelines..

I use this link to track I-751 timelines: https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/liftlist.php?op5=5,9,10,11,12

Mine is also pending on day 530, and I have already passed the N-400 test on 10/28.

No worries.

I agree that LIN has ridiculous timelines, which is why I have stopped looking at the excel sheets.

I hope you're right that with the A-file now transferred to Seattle I should hear from them soon about the oath ceremony.

Penny for your thoughts - some newbie went into Tukwila for an N-400 with a pending ROC, passed N-400, and was allowed to take a same-day naturalization oath, got me scratching my head, something didn't compute, but happy for that newbie though, lucked out just before Christmas.

Cheers,

26 minutes ago, Gaps0214 said:

No worries.

I agree that LIN has ridiculous timelines, which is why I have stopped looking at the excel sheets.

I hope you're right that with the A-file now transferred to Seattle I should hear from them soon about the oath ceremony.

Penny for your thoughts - some newbie went into Tukwila for an N-400 with a pending ROC, passed N-400, and was allowed to take a same-day naturalization oath, got me scratching my head, something didn't compute, but happy for that newbie though, lucked out just before Christmas.

Cheers,

Yes I’ve heard about mixed experiences. Some seem to buzz right through. Did the newbie have a LIN ROC petition?

25 minutes ago, TheLastMile said:

Yes I’ve heard about mixed experiences. Some seem to buzz right through. Did the newbie have a LIN ROC petition?

Sounds unfair right? But who knows what's fair anymore.

Newbie's timeline is blank, the post didn't say where ROC is pending. Which is just as well, because if Newbie posted ROC is in LIN, I would've combusted. What you don't know won't hurt you eh? ><p

Cheers

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.