Bill y Bella

ATTENTION JULY FILERS!

6,102 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
thank you everyone, very much, for your good wishes :)

yes, babbles - I was SO happy to see that letter when I got in last night! I really didn't expect it :)

I'm not that nervous, actually - I see it as a done deal, to be honest (though that may be foolish)... just want to make sure I've got everything they could possibly ask for, re paperwork ;)

It's funny. Really early on in the process I was explaining things to my Mum and brother and I got really stressed out when they didn't get that there's a possibility of denial. I got so flustered and upset because it didn't seem so clear cut and, after all, this was my future happiness in the balance. I think pre-NOA2 was just so much more nerve-wracking even though people always warn of the possibility of denial at interview.

I do think the emotions go up and down though. Shortly after NOA2 I was panicking about the medical, but now I'm not sweating it so much. Last week I was worried the finance stuff might not get here in time, but it's on it's way and I've relaxed about it. I am really beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel and it's made me feel much more positive.

Now, I'm collating evidence and I'm thinking how can they possibly argue that this isn't a real relationship. I have so much ####### printed out it's ridiculous. And I know the chances of them looking at it all are very slim. So, I don't think it's foolish to have that feeling because now it is all down to you. Show up with everything they require and they really can't say no.

Everything is going to be fine :)

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just can't wait for things to start coming together again - I feel all over the place since I got back. My head is a mess from leaving Jeremy behind, suddenly having to focus on the visa and moving and all the things that go with that and I just can't wait to be there and have things start coming together - ok we will still have things to do but I don't *think* it will feel so bitty...

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I just can't wait for things to start coming together again - I feel all over the place since I got back. My head is a mess from leaving Jeremy behind, suddenly having to focus on the visa and moving and all the things that go with that and I just can't wait to be there and have things start coming together - ok we will still have things to do but I don't *think* it will feel so bitty...

It must be really hard to have had to return home. I think you were really brave biting the bullet and just going for it the way you did. You will look back later on in the year and feel really glad about making the choices you did. It must be very hard right now though *hugs*.

Yeah - it's not so hard as weird - we've got used to being apart but I miss him more this time. I know we both have no regrets but it isn't nice as I feel a bit cheated having to leave my husband behind - heaven forbid we had a child or were going through K-3 like some people...

I guess I feel kinda numb. I don't want people around me - I would be quite happy with an empty house and to sleep until June. I want to spend time with Jeremy online but when he gets here I can't be bothered to talk to him - it's like I would prefer to just wait until we can be together. I hate this feeling of apathy right now!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

man, I can SO relate to that :wacko:

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I agree. I don't know how the k-3 people do it. It seems to take a bit longer and to be separated after being married for a year has got to be so difficult. I know that military people do it too, but it's so incredibly sad.

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

People (at first when my relationship was a novelty!) used to ask me how I managed and I used to say that we find it easier because we have never been together. We went into the relationship with open eyes knowing what we were getting into and we knew it would take a while and we knew it would be expensive and all the repercussions. We prolly know a bit more now but!! I always maintained that being in a relationship with someone then having to part from them and maintain that relationship would be much harder and I still stand by that - of course it doesn't mean those in our situation have it easy :)

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Very true.. I agree. If you go into anything knowing what to expect, it's easier to deal with. And to have something taken away midway through is rough. We didn't know what we were getting into. Had no idea that Canadians actually had to immigrate here. So when we found out that our plans of having him come here to the US, get married and file from here weren't going to work it was a rude awakening. Had we known (and been told the truth by uscis customer disservice) from the start it wouldn't have been as hard to take. Also, my fiance wouldn't have given up his apartment and had to live with his parents all this time.

Anyway, so glad this part is coming to an end and we'll soon be together again!!

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
People (at first when my relationship was a novelty!) used to ask me how I managed and I used to say that we find it easier because we have never been together. We went into the relationship with open eyes knowing what we were getting into and we knew it would take a while and we knew it would be expensive and all the repercussions. We prolly know a bit more now but!! I always maintained that being in a relationship with someone then having to part from them and maintain that relationship would be much harder and I still stand by that - of course it doesn't mean those in our situation have it easy :)

Sasha and I have lived together twice already and each time she would leave it was extremely difficult. We know what we're missing out on and it kills us. But we're nearly finished.

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: Timeline
I agree. I don't know how the k-3 people do it. It seems to take a bit longer and to be separated after being married for a year has got to be so difficult. I know that military people do it too, but it's so incredibly sad.

Sasha and I have lived together twice already and each time she would leave it was extremely difficult. We know what we're missing out on and it kills us. But we're nearly finished.

Thats the one reason we did not want to go for a K3.. It is a lot more difficult to be away from each other as husband and wife..

All the best to you both, Jason-Sasha for a wonderful life together (F)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Congrats on the recent approvals....

Babblesgirl- BG shaved it off...no more goatee...I couldn't believe it. Now he is worried they won't recognize him from his immigration pic...I assured him that they would!

Haha! He is so funny. When is he travelling?

Two weeks from today..he may grow it back...It really hit me today-marriage :blink: it's just not gonna be the same, can't go when and where i want to. My really good single friend said today that she can't hang out with me as much anymore. Well, on to a new beginning 4 all of us.

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-26

I-129F NOA1 issued : 2007-08-06

NOA2 received: 12/20/07

NVC received: 12/28/07

NVC sent to embassy 1/2/08

Packet 3 received: 1/15/08

Packet 3 sent: 1/21/08

Interview- 2/14/08

K1 Visa APPROVED- 2/15/08 and delivered 2/21/08

Wedding 3/21/08

3354.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Jeraly-how was hawaii and where did u go?

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-26

I-129F NOA1 issued : 2007-08-06

NOA2 received: 12/20/07

NVC received: 12/28/07

NVC sent to embassy 1/2/08

Packet 3 received: 1/15/08

Packet 3 sent: 1/21/08

Interview- 2/14/08

K1 Visa APPROVED- 2/15/08 and delivered 2/21/08

Wedding 3/21/08

3354.gif

Hawaii was beautiful - we went to O'ahu and stayed in Waikiki but we tried to see as much of the island as possible :) We want to go again on an island-hopping tour or something so we can see more :D

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

well, I spent hours today, checking and re-checking all my papers... which are in five handy folders... :blink:

I've made copies of everything they could possibly want to keep, so I hope they don't decide to retain my birth certificate or some such... don't think there's much more I can do

other than check the map again... might do that now ;)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.