Timeline

*saunters in*

*buffs nails*

oh, of course I was approved B)

*saunters out*

:D

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Congratulations to the beautiful and very funny STP! :dance:

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! I *knew* you'd do it ;) Ooooh - I am so jealous and sooo excited for you!!!! *searches for review before going to bed poorly-sick*

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh hon I'm beaming from ear to ear!!

LOL

Congratulations!!!! :D

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

thank you, everyone, for all your happiness on my behalf... it makes me much happier, and I mean that most sincerely :)

do you think I could submit the following as a review?

(just wrote it for friends on another forum who have been avidly following my progress ;) )

not at all in a nutshell, here's what happens:

you line up in Grosvenor Square about half an hour before your time (for me that was 7.30am :unsure: ), in the cold bright morning, and you get a little plastic bag from the woman handing them out to put 'electrical items' into (which for me was only the fob on my key chain, to my friend's house; since I read the letter they sent telling me not to bring anything else - including a mobile phone - I knew what I was doing... unlike the people right ahead of me, who had large bags and laptops and all manner of other things expressly prohibited, and who were sent away to store them elsewhere :lol: )

you then show your appointment letter to one dude, and then your letter AND passport to the next dude - this is still all out in the cold; I'm so glad it wasn't raining (I saw a big 44 gallon drum full of umbrellas for if that should happen :lol: ), and then you go into a little demountable building - VERY shoddy, but they're building a better one right next to it (and have been doing so for about three years...) and go through security - I had to show the underside of my shoes, but that was it ;)

then you walk round the corner, inside the magic wire fence, and look smugly at all the suckers still waiting in the cold in the line that has grown MUCH longer, and you go up some steps past a man with an uzi, and in the door, and show your letter to the girl at the desk... if you're not one of the herd going for a tourist visa, you get a special sticker with a special number, and you get told to 'sit near window 1 if you can' (which you dutifully do, to later find that it's about as far away from where you eventually need to go as is possible to be :lol: )

then you sit in the foyer for ages, and think it's outrageous that they're CHARGING for the boring coffee in urns, and refuse to buy it, but note with interest that all the confectionery items are Reese's Cups and similar, not British stuff ;)

(you also note with mild amusement the clash of cultures in the signs saying 'please put your trash in the bin' ;) )

then you watch the screens, which show all the numbers in rows, and how many are waiting - by far the most are there for non-immigrant visas, and all their numbers start with 'one thousand'; there are only four waiting for immigrant visas, and their numbers all start with 'five thousand'... you sit and sit, and on the dot of eight all the blinds roll up behind the counters, and the electronic voice starts calling out 'now serving ticket number one thousand at counter 12' etc, and they're going at a frightening rate, but no five thousands :(

and you wait some more, and still refuse to buy the coffee, and it's all one thousands, and the idiots from the line come in without their huge bags and laptops and sit in the wrong place and almost miss their turn :lol:

and finally one five thousand is called, and then you wait some more, and then another, and then quite soon it's 5003 :D

so off around the corner and down the corridor and across the room to window 14, where a nice British dude takes away my passport, and says 'I'll be right back', and then reappears a minute later with this big wodge of papers; I can see my medical exam report, and the original petition we sent off to Vermont, back in July, with a big red 'APPROVED' stamp on the top :D

and then he asks for the documents I was told to bring - birth certificate, two police checks (he was impressed I had the Aus one with the fingerprints 8) ), and the affidavit of support Dave had signed, and then I have to do fingerprints on a little electro machine (first wiping it with a little alcohol pad), and then he gives me back my CHEST X-RAY, of all things, and says I have to make sure it's in my hand luggage to present at my point of entry :unsure:

yeah, cos THAT's what I'll be thinking about :lol:

and then I'm told to go and pay, two windows down, and it takes all of two minutes, and I take the receipt back to the dude, who says I can go and wait for my number to be called again...

so I go and wait by window 1 again (I figure she must have said that for a reason, right?), and still refuse to buy the coffee, and five or ten minutes later, when my number's called again, it's window 15, down the same corridor as before and right next to the first dude :lol:

who is by now struggling with a woman who doesn't speak much English...

second dude is a yankee, and very nice, and asks me to sign some forms I already sent (he has to witness the signatures), and asks me some questions about where we met, and how often I've been to the States, and why we decided to live there and not the UK, and if I've ever lived anywhere else, and then he said 'thank you very much; your visa's been approved; please take this form to the courier service counter in the foyer' :D

so I took the form to the courier and paid £14, and walked out, on the stroke of nine :D

and then I went to Starbucks and had a Fairtrade coffee and a lemon muffin :)

and that, children, is the story of the Big Bad US Embassy with the golden eagle on top :D

Edited by StillThePrettiest

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

...then you watch the screens, which show all the numbers in rows, and how many are waiting - by far the most are there for non-immigrant visas, and all their numbers start with 'one thousand'; there are only four waiting for immigrant visas, and their numbers all start with 'five thousand'... you sit and sit, and on the dot of eight all the blinds roll up behind the counters, and the electronic voice starts calling out 'now serving ticket number one thousand at counter 12' etc, and they're going at a frightening rate, but no five thousands :(

Sounds like Argos :lol:

Glad to hear it all went quickly and without hassle!! I can't wait til I get mine done and out of the way... just need Jeremy to send me the stuff :angry:

Ok - now I am really going to bed... honest... :unsure:

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

*saunters in*

*buffs nails*

oh, of course I was approved B)

*saunters out*

:D

LOL!! Classiest approval annoucement...EVAR! :)

Congrats StP. Never any doubt of course, but I'm glad that big step is behind you. But mind the next step, it's a doozie. ;)

i dont know what 'saunters' means, but i agree! lol congratulations!!!! thats splendid!!!

i cant wait for our interview!!!!!! 8 days!!!

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

That is the most wonderful bedtime story I have ever heard except you missed a bit...

...and they all lived happily ever after :luv:

StP, I am chuffed to pieces! The tears welled up when I read that...I am relieved for you, relieved for me because it sounds so easy. I am just so very happy for you. Congratulations! *hugs*

Filed: Timeline

VISA APPROVED! :Dspaceball.gif

My fiances visa was approved on March 03 at the embassy in Manila. I dont think the news has quite sunk into me yet. She will have her visa delivered soon. Im shopping for a plane ticket on the internet. We are lucky to have visajourney.

Edited by Seattle2Cebu

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I hope you feel better soon, Aly :(

babbles, it truly was very easy, and no stress at all... there wasn't even an intimation that they might want to see evidence of an ongoing relationship, or tax returns, or anything of the sort; all my folders were for naught :lol:

(and I even got away with using the same photos I'd used for my original petition... shhh! don't tell anyone ;) )

and mox - I don't think so; I SPECIFIED that the coffee be Fairtrade (it's Fairtrade fortnight, after all!), and I think the brand they gave me came from Guatemala :P

so unless you have antecedents that you haven't told us of...? :P;)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.