mmsamor

Jab Required?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Is the covid jab required for residents to re-enter the country? My husband has his greencard and would like to visit home.  I read that it is not required for residents and citizens.  Can anyone confirm this?  Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

This can change at any time

Statement
Friday, November 5, 2021

Beginning November 8, 2021, all non-U.S. citizen, non-U.S. immigrants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to traveling to the United States, to meet the President’s proclamation and CDC orders. These travelers are also required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination and a negative test no more than three days prior to the flight’s departure. Limited exceptions apply.

https://www.tsa.gov/news/press/statements/2021/11/05/statement-regarding-vaccination-requirements-noncitizen

^^does this apply to green card holders?  I keep reading such mixed info. Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
10 minutes ago, mmsamor said:

Statement
Friday, November 5, 2021

Beginning November 8, 2021, all non-U.S. citizen, non-U.S. immigrants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to traveling to the United States, to meet the President’s proclamation and CDC orders. These travelers are also required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination and a negative test no more than three days prior to the flight’s departure. Limited exceptions apply.

https://www.tsa.gov/news/press/statements/2021/11/05/statement-regarding-vaccination-requirements-noncitizen

^^does this apply to green card holders?  I keep reading such mixed info. Thanks

No,  read the entire statement for December 6th (the latest) not the November one  /  this was updated January 4th

Specifically for USC's and legal residents (LPR) 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/international-travel-during-covid19.html

• When you travel to the United States by air, you are required to show a negative COVID-19 test result or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 before you board your flight.
  • Wearing a mask over your nose and mouth is required in indoor areas of public transportation (including airplanes) traveling into, within, or out of the United States and indoors in U.S. transportation hubs (including airports).

BTW it sorted post 2019 above but we had no vaccine in 2019 December and it is the latest post

Edited by JeanneAdil

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

this is the entire order that covers the vaccination of non immigrants 

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/pdf/NCEZID_FRM_ENG_Disclosure_Dec2021_508.pdf

PLUS the following for legal immigrants dated Jan 4 , 2022

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/international-travel-during-covid19.html

U.S Citizens, U.S. Nationals, U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents, and Immigrants: Travel to and from the United States

Updated Jan. 4, 2022

And like we all warn  ,  it can change at any time
protect yourself and get the vaccine  / then  no problems 
Edited by JeanneAdil

19 hours ago, mmsamor said:

Is the covid jab required for residents to re-enter the country? My husband has his greencard and would like to visit home.  I read that it is not required for residents and citizens.  Can anyone confirm this?  Thank you!

I thought you said vaccines are against your religion?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.